Canada will sign Kyoto - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2002, 01:01 PM   #46
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by z edge
I am confused
yep, so am i. i thought you were leaving. mind you, i'm not saying i want you to leave, i just find it to be immature for people to say they're leaving when they don't.

Old 09-15-2002, 06:57 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Are all plane pics banned?

Old 09-16-2002, 02:23 AM   #48
An Angel In Devil's Shoes

I rarely post here in FYM because I have never liked the constant arguing that goes on here. Z edge’s posts and pictures didn’t offend me, but the constant bickering that goes on here in this forum does. I understand that political debates become heated but what I see in this forum seems to regularly goes beyond that. Time and again I see arguments that split friendships and/or cause bannings, which occurs only in this forum. This forum is called FREE Your Mind…people should be allowed to voice their opinions, right or wrong, without getting attacked. I also think that NO ONE, mod or otherwise, should stoop as low as name-calling. FYM was even put in “time-out” a couple months ago. Honestly, sometimes I wonder if I’m on a public message board with adults, or in grade-school.

Old 09-17-2002, 01:32 AM   #49
The Fly

Local Time: 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ABEL
I rarely post here in FYM because I have never liked the constant arguing that goes on here. Z edge’s posts and pictures didn’t offend me, but the constant bickering that goes on here in this forum does. I understand that political debates become heated but what I see in this forum seems to regularly goes beyond that. Time and again I see arguments that split friendships and/or cause bannings, which occurs only in this forum. This forum is called FREE Your Mind…people should be allowed to voice their opinions, right or wrong, without getting attacked. I also think that NO ONE, mod or otherwise, should stoop as low as name-calling. FYM was even put in “time-out” a couple months ago. Honestly, sometimes I wonder if I’m on a public message board with adults, or in grade-school.

way to go, abel...i feel the same way...free your mind people...and this forum!
Old 09-17-2002, 10:21 PM   #50
New Yorker

EXACTLY what ABEL said.

Shame on everyone. This is a place of U2 Love. Not ganging up and attacking others. And I THOUGHT free speech. Apparently I was mistaken.
Old 09-17-2002, 10:41 PM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie

As the Honorable Senator Zell Miller (Democrat - Georgia) said in May of 2001:

"What is sorely needed around here is much more getting along and much less getting even. The poisonous partisanship that has pervaded this place on both sides of the aisle must end."

FREE YOUR MIND goes ALL ways. I am seeing too much name-calling, finger-pointing, tattle-telling and "your opinion is offensive"-ing in this place.

I truly miss the days of bonovista, 80sU2IsBest, Crzy4Bono, Spectre, and those who have left/been banned since then. Now it seems like more of a Cold War environment, complete with double agents (multiple handles who refuse to reveal themselves) and baiting tactics. What gives?

~U2Alabama
Old 10-14-2002, 08:37 PM   #52
Refugee

Local Time: 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Bama
I truly miss the days of bonovista, 80sU2IsBest, Crzy4Bono, Spectre, and those who have left/been banned since then. Now it seems like more of a Cold War environment, complete with double agents (multiple handles who refuse to reveal themselves) and baiting tactics. What gives?

~U2Alabama
Thanks Bama! I miss our debates too - you fascist. (I'm just kidding to everyone else who is reading here)
I'm not gone, just not nearly as vocal, for reasons like this thread exactly. So I'm actually lurking...
Civil debate is an awesome thing, name calling and petty bitching isn't.

Can't we all just get along?
Old 10-15-2002, 01:23 AM   #53
Kid A

Local Time: 01:07 PM
Keyote, apparently, will cost the global community anywhere from 75,000 to 250,00 jobs and billions of dollars, but those evil western governments will certainly be to blame