Canada Votes 2006 - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2006, 02:13 AM   #16
The Fly

Local Time: 01:58 PM
Why vote liberal? They are everything to everyman.

NDP? A bunch of Idealists who want to take your money and spend it on programs they see fit. They offer alot, of social programs, but most people fail to see that funding for these programs comes from your pocket. Also NDP are strong advocates of increasing welfare spending. Ever heard of the welfare trap?
Also, remember what Bob Rae did to Ontario in the early 90's? Debt, debt, debt

The green party, although very good motives, they are not economically feasible and would pile drive our economy into the mud.
h t t p://www.uoguelph.ca/~rmckitri/research/KyotoCommentary.pdf

A conservative government is based around this ideology.

Less high government, more smaller provincial governments . This is better because what may work for one part of Canada may not work for another. Having one firm federal government causes divisions. (BC and the west, Ontario, Quebec, the east)

Less tax for high income earners. High income earners (business men) are usually the shakers and movers in a population, they create the companies that provide jobs and economic growth. Increasing tax on high income earners puts a stymie on this. "Why do business in Canada when we can go to the states and get taxed less?"

Finally, not a conservative ideology, but something i feel has a good shot with the conservatives.
h t t p://www.carletonsportsmed.com/how_the_private_sector_can_save_.htm]

My very humble opinions,
Aaron

Old 01-07-2006, 03:27 AM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:58 PM
vervex, quebec has too many good hockey players to ever allow us to separate. all our good goalies come from there...and vincent lecavalier...

Old 01-07-2006, 04:23 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96
vincent lecavalier...

sorry.
Old 01-07-2006, 12:56 PM   #19
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96
vervex, quebec has too many good hockey players to ever allow us to separate. all our good goalies come from there...and vincent lecavalier...

Ahahah... I don't like hockey so it's not very important to me I actualy liked the year we passed without hockey on TV. Peace, finaly !
Old 01-07-2006, 05:01 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:58 PM
anyone think this thread should be merged with au revoir?
Old 01-07-2006, 05:20 PM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

nah

merging isn't fun. but let's not start any more threads...i wouldn't have made the one i did, had i known this existed, but nevertheless, what's done is done.

this is one of the most important elections in recent canadian history, and deserves all the attention it gets.
Old 01-08-2006, 02:07 PM   #22
MacPhisto's serving wench

Quote:
Originally posted by vervex

Ahaha why shouldn't ? :-P
When you have the choice between thiefs and a man that is against everything, I choose for another alternative... and Bloc is one of them. They do nothing except bragging sometimes about Quebec. It's not like they were dangerous

I'm just sad Boisclair was elected as the PQ chief this year. If people elect the PQ in Quebec in the next elections, there will be referendum and if enough people vote, Quebec will have its "souveraineté". THAT is something I seriously don't want. Besides, I hate Boisclair. Arg.
But why do you feel Bloc is your ONLY alternative? I'm sure there are other parties in your riding.

As mentioned before, a vote for Bloc is a vote for separatism. REGARDLESS of whether you like the main candidate or not, voting Bloc is a strike against Canadian nationalism. I don't understand Bloc ideology. Please explain it to me. I think PQ votes simply take away from votes that would actually MEAN something in this election. At least Qubecers actualy have a voice in determining the results of this government - how much say do Manitoba, Sask. or even Alberta get?

While I favour the Liberal Economic Policy (budget surpluses three or four years in a row), I admire the Conservative effort this election - more promises, better programs. I'd love to see 5% GST. However, look what happened when Mulroney was PM or when Harris ran Ontario - debt, debt, debt. I can't vote Conservative because I don't want thsi economy run directly into the ground.
Old 01-08-2006, 03:01 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Heaven In Alberta, Where We Got All Hell For A Basement..
well the cc are in the lead so im happy! i just dont want liberal s again !
Old 01-08-2006, 03:17 PM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing

But why do you feel Bloc is your ONLY alternative? I'm sure there are other parties in your riding.

As mentioned before, a vote for Bloc is a vote for separatism. REGARDLESS of whether you like the main candidate or not, voting Bloc is a strike against Canadian nationalism. I don't understand Bloc ideology. Please explain it to me. I think PQ votes simply take away from votes that would actually MEAN something in this election. At least Qubecers actualy have a voice in determining the results of this government - how much say do Manitoba, Sask. or even Alberta get?

While I favour the Liberal Economic Policy (budget surpluses three or four years in a row), I admire the Conservative effort this election - more promises, better programs. I'd love to see 5% GST. However, look what happened when Mulroney was PM or when Harris ran Ontario - debt, debt, debt. I can't vote Conservative because I don't want thsi economy run directly into the ground.
actually, it'll soon be nine consecutive years with a budget surplus. we've made huge cuts to the defecit.
Old 01-08-2006, 03:30 PM   #25
Refugee

Local Time: 11:58 AM
But are tose surpluses Liberal made or is it because oil and gas are at their highest levels? Just like in alberta where we have 8 or 9 billion surpluses, but is it because of Klien and company or is it because oil and gas? Anyone idiot could run alberta and still have surpluses and probably do it better, is that to be said about the federal economy?
Old 01-08-2006, 04:31 PM   #26
The Fly

Quote:
However, look what happened when Mulroney was PM or when Harris ran Ontario - debt, debt, debt. I can't vote Conservative because I don't want thsi economy run directly into the ground.
First of all, Mulroney was at the helm during the most recent economic recession. You'd have to be a magician to find a government that was able to pull in a surplus. Put a man in the corner theres only so much he can do.

Conversely, Jean Chretien rode the largest economic boom bubble to ever occur. This is why the Liberals were able to eliminate as much debt as they did.

Unrelated but on a similar note, Bill Clinton did the same thing.
Think about it, how could a national figure get away with adultery in front of his entire nation. Only a time of exceptional optimism would cater to this.

Harris took over after Bob Rae steamrolled Ontarios coffers by offering redundant programs which did little to encourage economic growth. He increased welfare wages to the point where it was TOO comfortable to live on welfare, a problem that we still are trying to get rid of. Arguably, you could say he was dealt the same recession card as Mulroney, however the difference is that when in power, the NDP fortified their stereotype as irresponsible spenders.

Finally, what do you mean by the conservatives sending the economy into the ground?

Again, my humble opinions,

Aaron
Old 01-09-2006, 12:42 AM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by bonoman
Just like in alberta where we have 8 or 9 billion surpluses, but is it because of Klien and company or is it because oil and gas? Anyone idiot could run alberta and still have surpluses and probably do it better,
haha!! exactly!!
Old 01-09-2006, 12:49 AM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life

we're in AWFULLY tough.

latest poll shows the conservatives up by 8 freaking points.

EIGHT.

we really need an alliance party member to start trashing saying something stupid.

this isn't happening. no way.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...e=election2006
Old 01-09-2006, 01:02 AM   #29
Refugee

Local Time: 11:58 AM
Horrible news!!

I cant see Martin turning it around. The only thing I hope for is an NDP balance of power to keep to Conservatives very much on the straight and arrow.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:06 AM   #30
ONE
love, blood, life

this truly is frightening...