Canada Votes 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Calgary and Edmonton would vote for the Conservatives even if Stephen Harper collected all of the city puppies from the pound and torched them on stage.

And then Alberta has the gall to suggest that we are brainless sheep who only vote one way.

Vancouver/Toronto/Montreal will at least bounce around the Liberals, NDP and BQ as possible choices on any given day.

anitram said:
Calgary and Edmonton would vote for the Conservatives even if Stephen Harper collected all of the city puppies from the pound and torched them on stage.

And then Alberta has the gall to suggest that we are brainless sheep who only vote one way.
not EVERYONE in alberta (or edmonton), anitram. :sigh:

lmjhitman said:

not EVERYONE in alberta (or edmonton), anitram. :sigh:

Yeah, I know that, but I guess I'm too lazy to type "some exclusions apply" every time. Sorry about that, I'm aware there are diamonds in the rough among you. :wink:

anitram said:

Vancouver/Toronto/Montreal will at least bounce around the Liberals, NDP and BQ as possible choices on any given day.

As the last post said, we arent all like that.

But you raise a point I have tried to convey to any albertan I talk about politics too, we are just the same as some liberal voters. We are blind to the coruption of the party we support!

And Edmonton is far far more left leaning then Calgary. Take prov. votes, the majority of all oppistion MLA's in Alberta come from Edmonton, we had two out 6 liberals last election. An NDPer came within 3500 votes of beating Rahim Jaffer, and it was her first time running.

Edmonton has a strong union voice, and there are a few ridings in Edmonton that the conservative doesnt garner more then 50% of the vote, which is very good considering.

But what you said about blind faith of Alberta Conservatives and what I sometimes think of Ontario Liberals is a fact that should be thought about by both factions.

Back
Top Bottom