Canada - Cooler than the US? - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 09-06-2003, 02:33 PM   #46
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 10:15 PM
County Maigh Eo is really nice

Except I spent a week in Westport once...there wasnt much to do, Ireally didnt enjoy myself lol.

I think my Great - Granny lived in Charlestown before she got married, Im not sure though - my Granny always talks about it now

Old 09-06-2003, 09:27 PM   #47
Local Time: 02:15 PM
Westport isnt to bad, but a week might be a bit much. Charlestown is just a little town but i really like living in the country in Ireland. Its where Ireland is at its best.

Actually Liam and Noel (Oasis) granny lived in Charlestown. When she died a few years back they came for the funeral. They used to come to Charlestown every year to visit their granny.

Maybe when i head over in May well have a drink together!

Old 09-07-2003, 10:29 AM   #48
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 10:15 PM
You should call up to Belfast sometime

Old 09-07-2003, 11:44 PM   #49
love, blood, life
Local Time: 02:15 PM
Mrs. B - your a Benedict Arnold for starting such a thread!

signed, Mr. B
Old 09-07-2003, 11:53 PM   #50
The Flower
Local Time: 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Mr. BAW
Mrs. B - your a Benedict Arnold for starting such a thread!

signed, Mr. B

Blame Canada

signed, Mrs. B
Old 09-09-2003, 10:41 PM   #51
Local Time: 09:15 AM
Canada is cool indeed,quite cool today. I saw pics on the news and they had their jackets on.
Old 09-11-2003, 07:43 AM   #52
Local Time: 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Basstrap
I'm a newfie hailing form the little finger island in the east...I love Canada like nothing else but with a slight bit of caution.

Because for as long as newfoundland has been a part of Canada we have been the brunt of thousands of jokes and inane stereotypes....
one person once asked , " where do you park when you get on Newfoundland" (as if it was just a little amusement park)

Not only that, but the federal government continually rapes us and gives us the shaft...i.e. taking away our fishery and hence the livelyhood of thousands.

Our premier is trying to renegotiate the terms of five us more contol over our resources...but Roger is an ass anyway.

There is actually widespread joke'll see countless people waling around with "free Newfoundland" t-shirts on. Or "newofundland liberation army"...or " republic of newfoundland"...and it is becoming more popular to have the Republic of Newfoundland flag than the present one. (the republic flag is what we had before we joined canada, there are still a lot who think we should not have joined confederation).

with all this said, I don't think we'll seperate or anything just yet. Canada is a great just "feels" right...BUT, I could invision such a liberation in the far future if things don't get better here.
i feel your pain. i'm a caper currently living in halifax soon to be moving to T.O. all the caper jokes we have to put up with, the rampant unemployment problem, etc.

our provincial government does nothing to aid cape breton in attracting new buinesses to start up there. their solution to everything is just build a new call centre, that'll keep the people happy. so what if it's not the usual minimum wage jobs that were there before. people don't last there very long cause it's annoying and stressful. then all they are left with are either going back to their minimum wage job at the local superstore or move to halifax or out west. with the all of unemployment money they are spending on the people their they should use it more constructively and get those people jobs.

most of canada is great. i don't think there is any other country i would want to live. it's just unfortunate that the people who live in the rural area of poorer provinces are getting the shaft. that's all.

Old 09-11-2003, 10:11 AM   #53
love, blood, life
Local Time: 04:15 PM
The only Canadian city I have been to is Toronto. It was