Canada = buncha potheads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
Canada scores high on herb
Pot still illegal. South Pacific tokes the most, UN says
JULIET O'NEILL, CanWest News Service
Published: 6 hours ago
http://www.canada.com/montrealgazet...=49a7a9cd-b682-4e94-95c2-565dec268df9&k=41850

Marijuana use in Canada is the highest in the industrialized world, far higher than in the Netherlands where it's legal, and more than four times the global rate, a report by the United Nations has found.

The report also says cannabis use around the world appears to have stabilized and appears to be declining in North America. A plunge in use by Ontario high school students was cited as a factor in the trend.

The world drug-use study by the UN Office on Drugs and Crime said that 16.8 per cent of Canadians age 15 to 64 smoked marijuana or used other cannabis products in 2004, the most recent year for which statistics were cited.
cookiemonsterrf2.gif

I love how Ontario high school students alone can change global patterns. LOL.

Irvine511 said:
no wonder y'all are so nice and agreeable.

I dunno. The Vancouver U2 concert I attended was rife with pot smoke, and it was the most aggressive crowd I'd encountered on the tour.

My stereotype of mellow, friendly Canadians was shattered. :(

Was all Americans going up to Vancouver to be like they always wanted to be at a U2 concert. :wink:

I'm Canadian and I deplore marajuana because I hate the damn smell and object to being exposed to it. I don't understand how at concerts, people are so freely allowed to smoke an illegal substance. Unless you need it for medicinal purposes, I wish people would stop doing it in dorms and at concerts I go to. This Canadian is fed up!

And, yeah, the politeness of Canaidans is so exaggerated. I actually think Americans (as a whole) are friendlier.

I hate the smell of it too as a friend of mine smokes it religiously. The most I've seen in a public place was at the Doors concert(Ian Astbury singing) two summers ago. The entire arena had a smog-like layer of smoke in it, there was pot everywhere. Cops don't do anything here when it comes to pot, in fact if you were walking down a street smoking a joint coppers wouldn't do anything.

A_Wanderer said:
Does that stop people making an informed choice about what they want to do to their minds?

Yup...different tokes for different folks.

--------

More cannibis research is obviously needed...it does have huge medical potential. (http://www.drugpolicy.org/docUploads/lancet_therapeutic.pdf)

But, recreationally, i don't know why it should be demonized more than alcohol.

A_Wanderer said:
Does that stop people making an informed choice about what they want to do to their minds?

Perhaps not, but it helps to present all the evidence.

Back
Top Bottom