Can you believe this? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2005, 01:27 AM   #16
The Fly

Local Time: 09:50 PM
And your president is indeed a dumbass! I hope somebody shoots him to hell where he belongs when he visits Holland the 8th of May!!! But that's just my opinion!

IRAK 100.000 CIVILIAN CASUALTIES!!!

Now try to justify that!

Old 04-29-2005, 01:29 AM   #17
Refugee

Local Time: 08:50 PM
First off, let me just say that i'm a pacifist, or as close as one can get....some events i'm not all-together clear on....
I really don't think we should turn this into a attack each other's country. I know you don't have any belief in the Bible, and that's fine (believe me, somedays i feel contempt for it) but there's a lovely passage where Jesus tells people to be careful about pointing out dust in someone else's eye when there might be some in your own eye.
But yes, America has slowly turned itself into some sort of idealogical empire and i'm not all-together sure why. the romans had an empire and it fell, the british have had theirs (talk about raping and pillaging) and theirs fell, so, why would america want to commit the same mistakes. when an empire tries to over-extend herself she falls.
oh, and i apologize for my ignorance about the dutch spelling. I was mostly concerned with making a joke about Bush. in case you can't tell, i'm not in favor of the iraqi war.

Old 04-29-2005, 01:30 AM   #18
Refugee

yes, Bush has committed what I believe to be atrocities...but why hate him? doesn't that only make more like him?
Old 04-29-2005, 01:32 AM   #19
Refugee

Local Time: 03:50 PM
BassTrap82 said:

Quote:
And your president is indeed a dumbass! I hope somebody shoots him to hell where he belongs when he visits Holland the 8th of May!!! But that's just my opinion!
Look buddy - this is going to get you some special treatment by some special visitors before he comes to visit.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:33 AM   #20
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by blueyedpoet
yes, Bush has committed what I believe to be atrocities...but why hate him? doesn't that only make more like him?
That's possible...
Old 04-29-2005, 01:37 AM   #21
Refugee

of course i have to admit that sometimes i struggle with utter contempt for the man....it angers me that politicians have hijacked the spirit of america....america is supposed to be the land of the free....and basstrap, holland right now is without a doubt more of a land of the free than here...it sucks watching your country, that you were raised to be proud of, acting in a way that brings death to thousands
Old 04-29-2005, 01:40 AM   #22
Refugee

and i care just as much about each soldier who dies and each iraqi civilian...i think we all should....this reminds me of when my girlfriend and i walked out of the san jose 2 concert. she has made a I (heart) Iraq shirt that is fashioned after the New York shirts. Some 40-something year old came up and harassed us about it...I asked him if he had not just missed the entire message of the U2 show....he was clueless....that angered me, but then i had to let it turn towards sadness....and that, i think, is what we should feel for this guy who writes this horrible stuff about lost life
Old 04-29-2005, 01:41 AM   #23
Refugee

Alright BassTrap82;

Seeing as you're new here, you may not have realized how people express their opinion in the right tone. Please try to be polite and as diplomatic as possible, instead of saying things like 'you stupid americans' and talking about dead presidents. This isn't a forum where you can rant, its a forum where you debate, so please be polite. And cool it.

Also, no threats are needed in here to add more fuel to the fire. The 'cool it' applies to everyone.

Ant.
Gas smells awful; You might as well live.

Dorothy Parker, 'Resumé'
Old 04-29-2005, 01:45 AM   #24
Refugee

ant...thanks for posting....i was trying to defuse the situation, probably actually threw more fuel in the fire though. I think respect for other opinions is indeed needed. and of course this thread seems to be about respecting all human life
Old 04-29-2005, 02:22 AM   #25
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by MadelynIris
BassTrap82 said:

Look buddy - this is going to get you some special treatment by some special visitors before he comes to visit.
Are you threatening me, fascist?
Old 04-29-2005, 02:26 AM   #26
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony
Alright BassTrap82;

Seeing as you're new here, you may not have realized how people express their opinion in the right tone. Please try to be polite and as diplomatic as possible, instead of saying things like 'you stupid americans' and talking about dead presidents. This isn't a forum where you can rant, its a forum where you debate, so please be polite. And cool it.

Also, no threats are needed in here to add more fuel to the fire. The 'cool it' applies to everyone.

Ant.
The British are also involved in this war, so you have also no right to speak anyway!

(this is meant to be ironic )
Old 04-29-2005, 02:27 AM   #27
Refugee

Alright, that really is quite enough. Basstrap, you were warned to cool it, and I already made a point about people not threatening, so you could have left it at that. Calling people 'fascist' is really unacceptable.

This thread will be closed, and, if you continue to argue the same disrespectful way in the future, other threads will be closed.

Ant.

Gas smells awful; You might as well live.

Dorothy Parker, 'Resumé'