Can atheists go to heaven??? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2002, 11:39 PM   #16
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:00 PM
I think it got sucked into the ether.

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

Old 03-24-2002, 02:20 AM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:00 PM
Work off the devil

Why do some of you make the bible so importiant. It is a book writen down by people that where believers ( it is like a U2 fan saying U2 is the best band in the world ) and from a time that the world was a flat pancake. I think it is full off comparisons. ( like Jonas and the whale ).

Anyway, for me is the bible a lead for life and not a book that give me the right to say i am speaking the truth.

Read you, Rono.

[This message has been edited by Rono (edited 03-23-2002).]

Old 03-24-2002, 07:04 AM   #18
Acrobat

Originally posted by Rono:

"Why do some of you make the bible so importiant. It is a book writen down by people that where believers ( it is like a U2 fan saying U2 is the best band in the world )"

I don't ever think any U2 fan would speak of Bono as if were the true Son of God (yeah well some fanatics in this forum may actually believe that)

"and from a time that the world was a flat pancake".

And so what? What is the link between the scientific level and the words of Jesus?

"Anyway, for me is the bible a lead for life and not a book that give me the right to say i am speaking the truth".

How can a book be a lead for your life if you don't believe its based on the truth? Do you want to live on a lie? Either Jesus is the Son of God or he was a maniac with a huge ego...

Old 03-24-2002, 08:28 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Whatever,...

Save your energy for a childfucking priest or a moslim killing president. They al read the bible but it is all about how you read it. O, and do not forget all the christians who think that the deathpenatly is justice.
Old 03-24-2002, 09:35 AM   #20
Refugee

Local Time: 10:00 PM
Quote:
Whatever,...

Save your energy for a childfucking priest or a moslim killing president. They al read the bible but it is all about how you read it. O, and do not forget all the christians who think that the deathpenatly is justice.

Precisely.
Old 03-24-2002, 01:01 PM   #21
The Fly

acoording to all my catholic friends, if you don't accept christ as your savior, you, ummm, sizzle. Will I be seeing any of you down in Hell? I here the winter is pretty mild down there!
Old 03-24-2002, 06:27 PM   #22
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
Quote:
Whatever,...
Rono, that's uncalled for. All elevation did was reply to what you said. You come back and spout off some ridiculous tripe about pedophile priests (which, by the way, is the vast minority of priests - I would venture that most priests are good men) and an accusation that the president kills Muslims, which is totally baseless and inaccurate. If you have to resort to emotional outbursts like that rather than addressing the real issues with logic, why even bother?

I must admit, Rono was a bit harsh, however, his words rang true. His point was that everyone who reads the Bible interprets it in his or her own way, and are at liberty to do so, therefore, finding one interpretation and calling it the irrefutable truth is pointless. Anyway, thats what I thought he was trying to say.
Old 03-24-2002, 06:36 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony:

I must admit, Rono was a bit harsh, however, his words rang true. His point was that everyone who reads the Bible interprets it in his or her own way, and are at liberty to do so, therefore, finding one interpretation and calling it the irrefutable truth is pointless. Anyway, thats what I thought he was trying to say.
He should have said exactly the way you said it, then.

Old 03-25-2002, 03:00 AM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Whatever,...
Rono, that's uncalled for. All elevation did was reply to what you said. You come back and spout off some ridiculous tripe about pedophile priests (which, by the way, is the vast minority of priests - I would venture that most priests are good men) and an accusation that the president kills Muslims, which is totally baseless and inaccurate. If you have to resort to emotional outbursts like that rather than addressing the real issues with logic, why even bother?
Old 03-25-2002, 01:29 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony:

He should have said exactly the way you said it, then.

Thank you, Anthony. And Mr 80tish, it is not meant as a personal attack to anyone here on the board, but i think no one has the right to say that he knows the truth about god and the bible.

And i am not used to hide behind sweet words,...

Old 03-25-2002, 01:37 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Thank you, Anthony. And Mr 80tish, it is not meant as a personal attack to anyone here on the board, but i think no one has the right to say that he knows the truth about god and the bible.
And i am not used to hide behind sweet words,...
Rono, if no one can know the truth about God and the Bible, then why in the world did God even bother giving the Bible to us? To just confuse us? No, he gave us the Bible so that we could read and understand it and know the truth.
And "Hiding behind sweet words" isn't exactly what I wish people would do. All I would ask is that people argue the points instead of going on emotional tirades like you did.

Old 03-25-2002, 01:43 PM   #27
War Child

Local Time: 02:00 PM
Quote:
Whatever,...

harsh but oh so true. it happens with every book and every religion.
Old 03-25-2002, 04:12 PM   #28
War Child

Local Time: 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by CannibalisticArtist:
harsh but oh so true. it happens with every book and every religion.
What happens with every book and every religion?
Old 03-25-2002, 04:18 PM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Spiral_Staircase:
What happens with every book and every religion?
That's exactly what I was wondering.
Old 03-25-2002, 04:20 PM   #30
War Child

Local Time: 02:00 PM
interpetation happens with every religion. you can use it for good or bad. hence Rono's
Quote:
but it is all about how you read it