Can an Oscar be taken back?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dreadsox said:

I have researched his explinations for things and I find he does a good job at skirting the issues. I stand by my statement that the gun was not given out by the bank. It was staged in my opinion as was his talking to Mr. Heston as he walked away.

C'mon Dreadsox. Now you are accusing him of outright lying. He says on his website that all he did was phone ahead and request that he be able to film inside the bank.

He responds here to criticisms (in case you haven't checked it out):

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/wackoattacko/

And here is the link to the outtake clip:

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/wackoattacko/movie.php?mov=bank-full

I'll go on record about my feelings on Michael Moore. I think he has some excellent points to make, but he is very abrasive. He doesn't come across as the easiest person to talk to. He sometimes goes off on inane tangents talking about things he shouldn't (ie. the northern Ireland conflict), so it tends to diminish his arguments.

Have you called the bank?

I did say I have read his defense...and I do not agree.

And yes...he has lied in his movie...and I did say I have read his responses to the criticisms.

I have not seen him respond to the Canadian Governement.

iacrobat said:

I'll go on record about my feelings on Michael Moore. I think he has some excellent points to make, but he is very abrasive. He doesn't come across as the easiest person to talk to. He sometimes goes off on inane tangents talking about things he shouldn't (ie. the northern Ireland conflict), so it tends to diminish his arguments.

:up:

I think accusing someone of implying something is very subjective. I wasn't under the impression that the 'From my cold, dead hands' and the speech were from the same day because of the break in between them...I just saw it as 'This is who Charlton Heston is; here's something famous he's said about guns....here's part of the speech he gave in CO.' :shrug:

Another lie...

The Lockeheed plant does not make missles...LOL

It makes rockets to launch satellites.

or how about his portrayal that Heston went and gave a speech 48 hours after Kayla Rolland was murdered.....

Sorry but he, Mr. Moore has admitted that this was incorrect, but it really is not important that Heston among other people on either side of the issues were there 8 months later, campaigning for the 2000 election. Clinton and Gore were there too.....hehe...

So Mr. Moore himself admitted this was innacurate....

[Q]Richard Schickel, arguably America's most distinguished observer of the cinema, was rather more forthcoming about Moore's general approach: "I despise our gun laws in the States, too. But Moore's tactics, I think, give aid and comfort to the enemy. In short, he's careless with his facts, hysterical in debate and, most basically, a guy trying to make a star out of himself. He's a self-aggrandiser and, perhaps, the very definition of the current literary term, `the unreliable narrator'. This guy either can't or won't stick to the point, build a logical case for his arguments. It's all hysteria -- but, I think, calculated hysteria." [/Q]

http://forums.warriorsworld.net/other/msgs/7700.phtml

well, I don't know this Richard Schickel
but he makes a lot of sense

maybe you could mail him so he could help you to get the Academy to undo the wrong they did?

Dreadsox said:
Have you called the bank?

I did say I have read his defense...and I do not agree.

And yes...he has lied in his movie...and I did say I have read his responses to the criticisms.

I have not seen him respond to the Canadian Governement.

Sorry, I didn't see in your earlier post where you said you had read his explanations.

Though if you wanted to call the bank, I would love to hear what they have to say.

Wings of Migration was STAGED! :eek:

And I hear that Spellbound was edited very carefully to project the views of the directors! :tsk:

Daughter from Danang isn't a fair portrayal of US foreign policy OR the American South! :mad:

I don't know much about Prisoner of Paradise....maybe it was the only REAL documentary nominated that year?

iacrobat said:

Though if you wanted to call the bank, I would love to hear what they have to say.

You may not have been here before when I did call to get facts on an issue raised in this forum not related to this...

HEHE...I am a little sick that way...I love a good debate...and I hate to lose:wink:

I really did not want to turn this into a thread debating gun control though....

LOL I just have problems when SO many "FACTS" are wrong.

I don't like Mr. Moore's Book "Bowling for Columbine" and because of that i never watched the Movie.
I like his way of presenting facts as much as i like Foxnews.
But i think Mr. Moores documentation are not that complex that the Academy didn't know what kind of documentation got the award.
-> also it might be no good movie there is no reason that the Oscar award should be taken back.

Back
Top Bottom