Campaign Lies - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2002, 05:53 PM   #16
The Fly

Local Time: 08:37 PM
Here's the link I was looking for.

http://www.asile.org/citoyens/numero...erreurs_en.htm

I know it's weird, and I sound crazy. Things just don't add up.

And I'm not suggesting for a second that the US Government planned 9/11. I am open to the thought that they knew about it and let it happen "for the greater good". Heck, the CIA killed the JFK.

I dunno. I just think everything about 9/11 is TOTALLY hazy and weird. There are big problems with the governments explanation of the whole thing. And given how they like to drop things down the memory hole, I find it hard to trust the American media and government.

Old 08-12-2002, 05:59 PM   #17
I serve MacPhisto

Local Time: 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by KingPin

And I'm not suggesting for a second that the US Government planned 9/11. I am open to the thought that they knew about it and let it happen "for the greater good". Heck, the CIA killed the JFK.
Actually it wasn't the CIA that killed President Kennedy. The limo he was riding around in had a defective engine, and should have been recalled. However, unsuspecting Kennedy still rode around in the deathtrap and that fateful day in Dallas the motor blew a rod and send it into his head and, and several others too.

Old 08-12-2002, 06:04 PM   #18
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 12:37 PM
Quote:

And I'm not suggesting for a second that the US Government planned 9/11. I am open to the thought that they knew about it and let it happen "for the greater good".
But for the greater good of what? What has the US gained? I'm open to hearing your theories but please explain what good has come from 9/11?
Old 08-12-2002, 06:13 PM   #19
I serve MacPhisto

I'll admit those pictures don't show much wreckage, and it is hard to pick out. However you can see some debris that appears to be wreckage.

Also, if a plane can travel at 650 mph and NOT travel all the way thru WTC, then why would you expect a plane to skid on it's belly and still penetrate all of the buildings' layers?

As far as the remains of the passengers, disentigrated in the fire/explosion. Wasn't this plane full of fuel?

ANd there is a thing called Photoshop too.
Old 08-12-2002, 06:16 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:37 PM
Quote:

I dunno. I just think everything about 9/11 is TOTALLY hazy and weird. There are big problems with the governments explanation of the whole thing. And given how they like to drop things down the memory hole, I find it hard to trust the American media and government.
1. Are you for real?

2. Given the large amount of fuel in the plane and the thermal conductivity of metal, the plane would very likely be severely deformed upon impact. You expect to see easily recognizable pieces of wreckage if a plane crashes, but not when it incinerates.
Old 08-12-2002, 06:21 PM   #21
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife

But for the greater good of what? What has the US gained? I'm open to hearing your theories but please explain what good has come from 9/11?
- Oil pipelines through Afghanistan that have been blocked for years.
- Increased patriotism amongst Americans.
- Faith and Support for a government that was being criticized heavily.
- Free license to attack "terrorists" like Iraq, North Korea, etc.
- An excuse to back out of treaties and agreements concerning weapons, torture, etc.
- An excuse to beef up "national security" with things like starting a civilian spy program, or sealing up government documents that were previously available.
Old 08-12-2002, 06:24 PM   #22
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by z edge
I'll admit those pictures don't show much wreckage, and it is hard to pick out. However you can see some debris that appears to be wreckage.

Also, if a plane can travel at 650 mph and NOT travel all the way thru WTC, then why would you expect a plane to skid on it's belly and still penetrate all of the buildings' layers?

As far as the remains of the passengers, disentigrated in the fire/explosion. Wasn't this plane full of fuel?

ANd there is a thing called Photoshop too.
All of those photos can be found on the US Military's website.

If the plane was disintegrated by the fire and explosion, then why is the grass around the impact area green and untouched?
Old 08-12-2002, 06:30 PM   #23
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer

1. Are you for real?

2. Given the large amount of fuel in the plane and the thermal conductivity of metal, the plane would very likely be severely deformed upon impact. You expect to see easily recognizable pieces of wreckage if a plane crashes, but not when it incinerates.
Metal doesn't just burn away. When a plane crashes like that, you're right, there's insane amounts of fire, which burn up much of the planes contents and fuel. But the photos don't show any fire of that magnitude. The firefighters are only 40 feet away from the building, and they're on green grass.
Old 08-12-2002, 06:35 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Metal doesn't just burn away. When a plane crashes like that, you're right, there's insane amounts of fire, which burn up much of the planes contents and fuel. But the photos don't show any fire of that magnitude. The firefighters are only 40 feet away from the building, and they're on green grass.
Huh? Look at how much of the building is charred and smoky...
Old 08-12-2002, 07:24 PM   #25
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:37 PM
9/11 a government-sponsored conspiracy? I sincerely doubt it. There was too much of a chance for things to go even more horribly than they actually did. If the Pentagon crash was planned, for example, just think of the consequences if the plane had landed just slightly differently--national security nightmare, with all sorts of equipment and intelligence destroyed. That wouldn't have served our purposes, would it?

And, cynical though this may sound, if some national disaster had been planned for political gain, I doubt they would have chosen such a profitable place as WTC for the destruction target. I would venture that many Republicans have lost lots of money (among other things) due to 9/11.

Bottom line, though, 9/11 was a vicious and premeditated attack on the United States most likely perpetrated by the Al-Qaeda terrorist network. Although there were surely some security holes and whatnot, our government surely cannot be held responsible. We are only beginning to figure out how difficult it would have been to prevent--and how difficult it will be to prevent from happening again.

Much as I don't like (That's My) Bush, I sincerely doubt that he or his administration would have collaborated with terrorists for 9/11.

::pause::

Whoa. I think z edge and I actually agree on something. Where's 80sU2isBest?

Join Amnesty.
Old 08-12-2002, 08:52 PM   #26
I serve MacPhisto

Quote:
Originally posted by paxetaurora

:ause::

Whoa. I think z edge and I actually agree on something. Where's 80sU2isBest?
See Paxy, that wasn't so hard now was it??

I think this may be only the beginning of a new conservative jaunt for you

welcome aboard
Old 08-12-2002, 11:33 PM   #27
Refugee

Ho--hum. Kingpin and I are simply speculating. Stop calling us crazy, because we're "thinking" outside the box.

The government benefited greatly from the attacks. As Kingpin pointed out the Executive Branch was basically given a free ride with any legislation they want to pass before Congress. This is scary, and usually impossible, but terror made it possible. I honestly believe that people high up in the government had advanced knowledge of such an attack, but let it slide for the good of the country. It created more jobs in the defense department, stimulated the economy by a greater production of military weapons, took an angry, evergrowing consenous to the sidelines, and gave the government more power than they ever wished to possess.

Destroying the WTC is a huge event, and while many lives were lost, we must ask the question: When has the U.S. government put the needs of the working-class, few above the needs of the powerful elite? Never. Never. Never. Our government's trackrecord is disgusting and should be evaluated before we pledge allegiance to their seemingly divine given rights.
Old 08-13-2002, 12:14 AM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:37 PM
annnnyways...

does anyone have any thoughts on the about-face bush appears to perform regarding economic policy as laid out in the article?
Old 08-13-2002, 03:59 AM   #29
Jesus Online

Local Time: 07:37 AM
The American government are not murderers. Bush is not a murderer.
Even if it wasn't a plane, what difference does it really make? That is a big if. There is no benefit in 3000+ lives.

"- Oil pipelines through Afghanistan that have been blocked for years.
- Increased patriotism amongst Americans.
- Faith and Support for a government that was being criticized heavily.
- Free license to attack "terrorists" like Iraq, North Korea, etc.
- An excuse to back out of treaties and agreements concerning weapons, torture, etc.
- An excuse to beef up "national security" with things like starting a civilian spy program, or sealing up government documents that were previously available."

Those do not have a price tag. As for some of them, the government does not need such a huge loss of life to do some of these and your government will always be criticised regardless of who is in power.
Old 08-13-2002, 07:51 AM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Danospano
Ho--hum. Kingpin and I are simply speculating. Stop calling us It created more jobs in the defense department, stimulated the economy by a greater production of military weapons,
Hogwash. As was mentioned before, the overall effect on the nation's economy was to plunge it even further into recession.