campaign freak-out - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-27-2004, 02:48 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by verte76
That "screech speech" of Dean's probably nuked his candidacy,
Is it just me who finds it ridiculous that elections are decided on irrelevant things like this, rather than actually on where a candidate stands on the key issues?

Old 01-27-2004, 03:00 PM   #17
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:31 PM
of course it's rediculous. but it's easier to base your vote on something trvial like that, than actually THINKING, isn't it?

stupid...stupid...who am i blaming on this? who's fault is it...is it the news media for selling us this stuff? or is it our own faults for swallowing the bullshit they give us?

but that's an instance where you wonder where in the hell people get the 'liberal media' tag from if this so-called liberal media is blasting dean for not boring his supporters to death.
or atleast i wonder...

i figured out what the hell i'm doing in fym though...this will be the first presidential election i will be able to vote in. so suddenly i seem to want to pay attention to this sort of stuff? hmm...i thought i was on to something. guess not.

Old 01-27-2004, 03:30 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees

Is it just me who finds it ridiculous that elections are decided on irrelevant things like this, rather than actually on where a candidate stands on the key issues?
I agree, in alot of ways it's much ado about nothing. It's another thirty-second sound bite on the evening news. I first saw it the day after when the CNN people claimed Dean had "scared" the voters. The press dubbed it his "screech speech" and claimed he'd nuked his candidacy. You'd think he'd committed a murder or something. There were rumors that the guy was a bit nutty for a presidential candidate but I think people who run for a killer job like the presidency are nuts anyway. The press want to either crown or behead these guys after every caucus and primary. It's the media throwing itself around. Of course it's ridiculous.
Old 01-27-2004, 03:44 PM   #19
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:31 PM
you know what i think is kind of amusing? my sister will be able to vote by the time novemeber rolls around, so she was watching the news dean's 'rant' came on, and she goes "i'd vote for that guy!"
Old 01-28-2004, 06:43 PM   #20

Local Time: 09:31 PM
i won't be able to vote in this year's election (I MISS IT BY 3 FREAKIN DAYS) but i listen and pay attention because i know that my future is at stake, and it doesn't matter that i can't vote. i try to remind my friends of this, and many are catching on.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:04 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:31 PM
Way to go IWasBored: I love to hear new voters are actually paying attention and doing their on research. Too many people in this country vote by way of their church, spouse, or worst some 30 second sound byte on tv commercials. Dean's screech didn't scare me or turn me away from him, that had already happened. I was already leery of him. So him getting caught up in his own self didn't make any difference.
Hey Verte your not the last of a dying breed in the South. There are plenty of us here, albeit, we are outnumbered.
but we fight on. And speaking of the media, keep in mind they (the talking heads) had Dean the winner in Iowa all along. We see how much their predictions mean...
Old 01-29-2004, 10:32 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Oh, Dean's speech didn't have any effect on me either. I was already a bit leery of him also, I think Kerry is a better choice. In fact, that was a heck of an original concession speech. I took the "presidential " matching poll anitram posted and Kerry scored higher with me on the issues than Dean did. If I could just vote my conscience I'd vote for Kucinich. But the guy has to be able to beat Bush, so I pick either Kerry, Edwards or Clark.