call for Cheney's impeachment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
Former President George H.W. Bush said it best when he called those who reveal the identities of covert agents "the most insidious of traitors." In reviewing testimony from the Scooter Libby trial, there's simply no question that Libby acted at the direction of his superiors when he leaked Valerie Plame's identity to multiple reporters. Libby worked, of course, directly for the Vice President.

The exposure of Plame's identity as a CIA agent almost certainly has had severe consequences for everyone she worked with overseas in trying to stop the spread of weapons of mass destruction. The loss of these assets and networks has done immeasurable harm to our country's security. Dick Cheney is directly responsible for that harm.

Mr. Cheney has also:

systematically deceived Congress and the citizens of the United States regarding the potential threat of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq;
systematically deceived Congress and the citizens of the United States in fabricating links between Iraq and al Qaeda which have never existed; and
repeatedly threatened aggression against Iran, in violation of the United Nations charter, a treaty which the U.S. has signed and is thus -- according to our Constitution -- the supreme law of the land.
These last three charges form the basis of House Resolution 333, Articles of Impeachment against Dick Cheney, introduced by Representative Kucinich of Ohio. As of late June 2007, fourteen members of Congress have signed on to H.R. 333. Ask your representative to sign on as a co-sponsor.

If Cheney is impeached, who's next in line for the presidency? Pelosi?

Re: Re: call for Cheney's impeachment

unico said:

:wave:
I'd be happy to keep the seat warm until U2Democrat assumes her throne.

:hyper:

You can be my VP :sexywink:

ahhhhhhhhhh maybe Brian Williams would interview me!!! Very thoroughly...:shifty:

*cough*

On a serious note, there needs to be more of a smoking gun before congress can do anything and have any momentum. I'm afraid we're stuck with Tweedle Dum and Darth Vader until 1-20-09.

this is all I had on file :wink:
MeetTheF__kers.jpg

Re: Re: Re: call for Cheney's impeachment

U2democrat said:

:hyper:

You can be my VP :sexywink:

ahhhhhhhhhh maybe Brian Williams would interview me!!! Very thoroughly...:shifty:

*cough*

On a serious note, there needs to be more of a smoking gun before congress can do anything and have any momentum. I'm afraid we're stuck with Tweedle Dum and Darth Vader until 1-20-09.

Two Interlanders in the White House! Cool!

honestly, there is 2 years left. what is the point. waste of energy and resources. suck up and deal.

struckpx said:
honestly, there is 2 years left. what is the point. waste of energy and resources. suck up and deal.

How long was left when Clinton was?

You just don't get it do you?

I feel sorry for you...

So you can't answer the question? Didn't think so.:|

You know, why I feel sorry is that you'll grow up thinking eh, it's just the Constitution, it's just Democracy, no big deal.

If you don't think a government cover up is a big deal, then what are you going to do the next time around when the stakes are slightly higher? You gonna keep blowing them off? Where will you draw the line?

Impeach Cheney!
Ron Paul for President!

Nice ideas, but neither will really come to fruition.

Cheney has caused irreparable damage to the US, both nationally and internationally.

However, any attempt at impeaching him would probably lead him to retire, citing some kind of medical issues, so in that vein, it's probably pointless.

I would not want to be him in the afterlife....or his second life....or whatever it is that comes after.

anitram said:
Cheney has caused irreparable damage to the US, both nationally and internationally.

:tsk:

the only thing Cheney is guilty of is loving this country so much that he's willing to destroy it (and a few other countries as well).

if that's wrong, then i don't want to be right!

BonoVoxSupastar said:
So you can't answer the question? Didn't think so.:|

You know, why I feel sorry is that you'll grow up thinking eh, it's just the Constitution, it's just Democracy, no big deal.

If you don't think a government cover up is a big deal, then what are you going to do the next time around when the stakes are slightly higher? You gonna keep blowing them off? Where will you draw the line?

no i have decided i won't, for no matter what i say you will just question my answer and find a way to scrutinize it.

i will when a real issue comes up.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Based on this thread, I'm not sure you'll be able to recognize one.

any other negative punches at me that you would like to get out?

struckpx said:

i will when a real issue comes up.

January 2, 2009, when Bush is booted out of office. Then you'll find something to be outraged about.

struckpx said:

any other negative punches at me that you would like to get out?

I apologize if it comes off sounding rough, but I really don't know what else to say to someone that has a 'who cares' attitude towards something this big.

And as far as the impeachment question. Clinton was impeached Dec of 1998, he left the Whitehouse Jan of 2001. You can probably do the math...

BonoVoxSupastar said:

I apologize if it comes off sounding rough, but I really don't know what else to say to someone that has a 'who cares' attitude towards something this big.

And as far as the impeachment question. Clinton was impeached Dec of 1998, he left the Whitehouse Jan of 2001. You can probably do the math...

Math......ugh.........

Back
Top Bottom