bye-bye, Scotty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Utoo said:
Even though he was lame..... It's even lamer that all the wrong people are getting canned. All the people who are actually causing the problems are sticking around---perhaps because they're the ones making all the decisions anyway....:eyebrow:

Isnt that the truth! I know of one pompous person that needs to be taken down off his high horse.:yes:

deep said:
Supposedly, he handed in his resignation twice?

Why? What were the circumstances?

Perhaps he should try it a third time.

LOL yes he should,and I can supply the paper and typerwriter if he needs them.:wink:

I heard Fox News guy Tony Snow might be getting the job. (To steal a joke from Jon Stewart) The white house paying fox news to present their spin of the news? That'll be so difficult and different from Snow's current job.

blueyedpoet said:
I heard Fox News guy Tony Snow might be getting the job. (To steal a joke from Jon Stewart) The white house paying fox news to present their spin of the news? That'll be so difficult and different from Snow's current job.

yes, isn't Fox News already this administration's mouthpiece?

blueyedpoet said:

If Snow gets the job, shouldn't that seal the deal that Fox News is the administration's mouthpiece?

i thought the deal was sealed when they called Florida for Bush in 2000 ... the whole "fair and balanced" thingy was just hipster irony, right?

:scratch:

Ok, to us liberals, of course the deal was sealed back in 2000. But, will anyone be able to seriously contend that Fox News isn't in with the Bush administration if Snow gets this job?

D-503 said:
is McClellan going to take over Snow's position at Fox News?

McClellan talents lie elsewhere.

05-30%20Whirling%20Dervish%20P1010046%20web.JPG

blueyedpoet said:
Ok, to us liberals, of course the deal was sealed back in 2000.

Sounds like somebody's been taken in by Michael Moore's "Farenheit 911".

story.vert.snow.gi.jpg

From his statement that evolutionary theory is a "hypothesis" to his defense of Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, Media Matters for America has documented numerous false and misleading claims advanced by Snow as a Fox News commentator:

* Snow falsely asserted that former ambassador Joseph C. Wilson IV said his wife, Valerie Plame, "wasn't covert for six years" before she was exposed as a CIA operative by syndicated columnist Robert Novak.

* Snow put forward numerous falsehoods to argue that "[e]volutionary theory, like ID [intelligent design], isn't verifiable or testable. It's pure hypothesis."

* Snow claimed that Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is the "most liberal justice in American history," despite evidence to the contrary.

* Snow peddled the baseless Republican National Committee talking point that 2004 presidential candidate Sen. John Kerry (D-MA) had blamed U.S. troops for the explosives looted from the Al Qaqaa military installation following the invasion of Iraq. Snow said, "[T]he Kerry campaign is not criticizing the president here. They're criticizing our troops."

* Following President Bush's lead, Snow distorted Kerry's stated desire to reduce terrorism to a "horrible nuisance." Snow claimed Kerry had "called terrorists a nuisance."

* Snow backed Swift Boat Veterans for Truth's attacks on Kerry, falsely claiming, "[T]here has been no documentary contradiction of the Swift Boat stuff."

* Snow falsely defended Bush from probing questions regarding his National Guard service.

Media Matters for America has documented numerous false and misleading claims advanced by Snow

Well, then he'll fit right in.

Snow has also beaten up the administartion for their profligate, drunken sailor spending on nanny-state morality programs.

i wonder if he'll continue, or change his tune.

http://beatsworkinvirginia.com/index.html

What do you get when you combine four lawyers, a realtor, a business executive, and a radio and TV political commentator, some oldies, a dance-crazy crowd, and a whole lot of fun? We're not sure, but we know it...

....Beats Workin'

We are a 60's, 70's, 80's, and occasionally 90's music playin' rock n' roll band in Northern Virginia, Washington DC, and Maryland. We play for fun, for good causes, and when we can, even for money! What we provide is a great time, lots of dancing, and the music you remember from the great days of Rock n' Roll.

Stones: Start Me Up, Brown Sugar, Honky Tonk Woman, Under My Thumb, Last Time, Satisfaction....more!
Beatles: Spoil the Party, Taxman, Back in the USSR, Lose the Girl, Nowhere Man, Roll Over Beethovan...more!
Eagles, Doobie Bros., Van Morrison, Hendrix, Stray Cats, Kinks, The Who, BTO, Lynrd Skynrd, Allman Bros...
Buddy Holly, Jerry Lee Lewis, Willie Nelson, The Guess Who, Steely Dan, Springsteen, Elton John, Rascals...
Eric Clapton, Orleans, Sam Cooke, Cat Stevens, The Grateful Dead, Santana, Outsiders, Beach Boys...
Bruce Hornsby, Derek and the Dominoes, The Byrds, Doors, Neil Young, Wonders, Sam and Dave, Grass Roots..
Steppenwolf, Badfinger, Mitch Ryder, Bad Company, Temptations, Vanilla Fudge, Johnny Rivers, Four Tops...
Chuck Berry, Roy Orbison, Grand Funk, Blues Image...
and more

BeatsWorkin.jpg

* Meet the Band
* Dan McDermott - Drums/Vocal
* Lewis Leibowitz - Bass/Vocal
* Jamie Hutchinson - Guitar
* Dan Poneman - Guitar
* Jay McConville - Vocal/Trumpet
* Susan Jaquet - Vocal
* Tony Snow - Guitar, Sax, Flute

Back
Top Bottom