Bush's Speech re: AIDS in Africa (SuperMerged MegaThread) - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Plez vote on how you felt about GWs State Of Union Address
Convincing- Im w GW. 8 26.67%
I enjoyed The Speech and am now readjusting my views. 1 3.33%
GW is a clown. 15 50.00%
Iam still a Bush Hater. 6 20.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-01-2003, 05:08 PM   #76
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 12:56 PM
Gabrielvox,

Do not presume that you can muzzle and control what other people choose to comment on in any of your post, as long as it is respectfully done. The name of this place is Free Your Mind.

It is your opinion that I was disrespectful. If you really believe that was the case, a brief respectful warning and gaining the attention of the moderators would be the proper way of going about it instead of:

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH ETC ETC ETC"

"CUT AND PASTE AD NASEAUM ETC ETC"

"EDIT (CUT OUT POTENTIALLY INSULTING COMMENT LOL)"

"it is a concerned comment on what I perceive to be an inability on your part to follow the thread properly and comment with any degree of relevancy"

"old tired little 'facts'" "please leave it alone."

"so if you plan on doing a silly cut and paste of your other arguments STING, just skip this thread"

I have not seen anyone post anything saying I have been disrespectful except yourself. If I am out of line though, then I expect to be corrected and told what is proper.

Sicy said,

"No one says you have to reply to sting. If you dont like/agree with his posts then dont comment on them. I think you're making a bigger deal out of this than necessary. I dont need to explain my actions to anyone and I wont again."

I am sorry if I have offended you. It was certainly not my intent in any way. I do not aim to hijack anyone's thread. I do reserve the right to respond to all or any part of it though, in a respectful manner, which is exactly what I did. To simply comment on a particular aspect of your post is not disrespectful. Free discussion is allowed here as long as it is respectful and does not personally attack or discredit anyone.

Old 02-01-2003, 06:08 PM   #77
Ghost of Love

Local Time: 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by STING2

Sicy said,

"No one says you have to reply to sting. If you dont like/agree with his posts then dont comment on them. I think you're making a bigger deal out of this than necessary. I dont need to explain my actions to anyone and I wont again."

I must have missed that the first time she said it.

I suppose I did sortof bait you with the original comment not to do a cut and paste of your previous arguments etc etc, for that I apologize.

Since we're asking one another to be considerate of one another, I would ask that you exercise a little more discretion with which posts of mine you feel the need to jump on. After all, I and everyone else here are quite aware of your preoccupation with Iraq, you've made it abundantly clear.

After all, if you find it hard to like/agree with my posts you don't necessarily need to comment on them, right? You could just as easily ignore them.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

Old 02-01-2003, 07:34 PM   #78
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:56 PM
Make love not war.
Old 02-01-2003, 07:37 PM   #79
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 12:56 PM
Gabrielvox,

I like your posts despite my political disagreements with them on certain issues. What I'm concerned about are comments that are unnecessary and personal in nature. The fact that I have opinions that are directly the opposite of yours and that I express them is not personal.

Despite this though I agree with you and will use better discretion when responding to your posts.
Old 02-01-2003, 07:37 PM   #80
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kristie

I don't think "lovable" was in my description when I voted for the clown option.
Yeah, its strange, isnt it? First polls have miserable options and no exact questions, and then - when you decide to be half nice for a change - they take your views out of context. Happens all the time. Its called propaganda.

Watch more TV.
Old 02-01-2003, 08:31 PM   #81
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:56 AM
Okay, this thread is beat.

Gabriel: *I* merged the thread, so don't start on Sicy. This forum has a number of mods due to its volatile nature, and in fact Sicy doesn't spend much time modding this forum. However, I merged the thread at the suggestion of several other mods, with their approval of the merge beforehand.

That said, the issue is officially a dead horse.

Join Amnesty.