Bush's Credibility Dropping?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
According to this poll, it is:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050714/ts_nm/bush_poll_dc

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Bush's personal credibility appears to be eroding at a time when Iraq has become the top public priority and the White House is engulfed in controversy over senior Bush adviser Karl Rove, a poll released on Wednesday suggested.

The NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll showed the percentage of Americans who believe Bush is "honest and straightforward" fell to 41 percent from 50 percent in January, while those who say they doubt his veracity climbed to 45 percent from 36 percent.

The telephone survey, which was conducted July 8-11 and included responses from 1,009 adults, also showed that Iraq has replaced jobs as the leading issue among Americans.

With a 3.1 percent margin of error, polling data said 40 percent see Iraq as the top priority for the United States, against 34 percent who view jobs as their main concern. In January, jobs ranked highest among 46 percent to 39 percent for Iraq.

The new poll also showed Bush's overall job approval rating slipping to 46 percent from 47 percent in May, while his disapproval rating crept upward to 49 percent from 47 percent.

The White House this week has been reeling amid controversy over Rove, the top Bush political adviser who was named by a Time magazine reporter as one of the sources who identified CIA agent Valerie Plame to the media in 2003.

Democrats have called on Bush to fire Rove or block his access to classified information. But Bush, who originally pledged to dismiss anyone responsible for leaking Plame's identity, said he will withhold judgment on his deputy chief of staff for now.
------------------------------------------------------------

Very interesting. :yes:

The White House this week has been reeling amid controversy over Rove, the top Bush political adviser who was named by a Time magazine reporter as one of the sources who identified CIA agent Valerie Plame to the media in 2003.

This is such BS. Everyone that works in that community knows this is such a joke.

MadelynIris said:
This is such BS. Everyone that works in that community knows this is such a joke.

So just to clarify.

You consider the outing of an undercover CIA agent to be 'a joke', correct?

It does not matter

he still has the red states, his base

all of the stuff they are putting out is to shore up THAT base

this nonsense that Rove was helping reporters so
that they would get the story right
is only something a true believer would choose to swallow
so they don't have to admit their leaders are morally bankrupt.

MadelynIris said:

I'm a conservative Republican, but based on what I know about the story, the idea of "outing" a CIA agent disgusts me, and I wish he'd be fired for it, at the least.

But is there something about this story I don't know, that might make me see things differently?

lol, i shudder to think people actually believe that man has some credibility.

He is the most vile, evil and dispicable man on this earth. I would shake osama bin laden's hand before i shake george w bush (needless to say, i wouldnt touch each of them with a ten foot pole in reality)

he and his whole administration should be impeached and a new election take place..

i mean if america can get so caught up with a president having a bit of sex on the side but continue to turn a blind eye to this bullshit...what hope is there?

dazzlingamy said:
He is the most vile, evil and dispicable man on this earth. I would shake osama bin laden's hand before i shake george w bush (needless to say, i wouldnt touch each of them with a ten foot pole in reality)

i strongly dislike bush, think he has no credibility, and have marched against Iraq, done grass roots work to help Kerry, and would never touch that man with a 10 foot pole either.

however, calling him the worst person alive is hugely offensive, not just to me put to people who have to live (and die) under real dictatorships.

dazzlingamy said:
he and his whole administration should be impeached and a new election take place..

George W Bush - Resume

the worst MBA graduate.............EVER
the worst baseball coach............EVER
the worst entrepreneur...............EVER
the worst US President..............EVER

That's Dubyah!!

:wink:

Irvine511 said:

i strongly dislike bush, think he has no credibility, and have marched against Iraq, done grass roots work to help Kerry, and would never touch that man with a 10 foot pole either.

however, calling him the worst person alive is hugely offensive, not just to me put to people who have to live (and die) under real dictatorships.

Well he is to ME. Do you not think he is a dictator himself? Just because he's called 'president' doesn't mean he acts like one.
I didn't say it was fact. It was just my opinion, which i happen to believe in.

I think its offensive to attack a country under false pretences.
I think its offensive to even suggest that women shouldnt be allowed to have abortions
I thinkits offensive that we hold back advanced medical research because of stupid christian fundamentalists.
I think its offensive to even ARGUE about same sex rights.

If you don't agree to my opinon, thats totally cool, but to say its offensive to people who live under dictaotirships, unless you do, you really cant say that you know?

dazzlingamy said:

If you don't agree to my opinon, thats totally cool, but to say its offensive to people who live under dictaotirships, unless you do, you really cant say that you know?

To say Bush is worse than Hitler, Milosevic, Stalin, et al. is a pretty big stretch...and one that can't really be made, IMO.

I don't like him either, but I don't think he's evil incarnate. Dishonest, simple-minded, and easily led, maybe, but not evil.

dazzlingamy said:
I think its offensive to even suggest that women shouldnt be allowed to have abortions

I think it's offensive to suggest that any one should have a right to murder human beings.

dazzlingamy said:
I think its offensive that we hold back advanced medical research because of stupid christian fundamentalists.

I think it's offensive to call people who disagree with you stupid.

80sU2isBest said:

I think it's offensive to suggest that any one should have a right to murder human beings.

I find it offensive any stuffed suit in DC would even consider taking away my rights.

So, abortion is now a 'right'?

Dismantled, should there be any restrictions on that right?

I don't even think he's our worst President, really. He's definitely in my bottom 5, but to me, it's really a travesty that Andrew Jackson appears on our MONEY. He should be appearing on government biohazard bags, maybe, but not money.

I did mean alive in the world today, i should have made that clearer.

But i stress its my opinion. If you dont agree its fine honestly. I just think bush has more 'responsibility' because of who he is and he uses it in such a dishonest and awful "dictatorshippy" way. Thats all. To me, its not a big stretch. I dont compare him to anyone else, because he isn't like anyone else.

And 80s u2 is best, i dont argue with prolifers. Purely because you will never see it my way, and i wont see it yours. it will end in a statemate so lets not even try it :)
apologies for the stupid, i knew a nitpickers would pick up on it, i dont know why it kept it there :huh:

financeguy said:
So, abortion is now a 'right'?

Dismantled, should there be any restrictions on that right?

as with any other right. We have the right to bear arms..but we are not allowed to just kill because we have that right.

dazzlingamy said:

would you rather be an Iraqi under Saddam, or an American under Bush?

would you rather be a North Korean under Kim Jong-Il, or an American under Bush?

would you rather be a Serb (or, worse, a Bosnian) under Milosovic, or an American under Bush?

and we could go on and on and on ... Bush is terrible, i fully agree; i liked your point about him having great responsibility and failing on that front. however, to say that he belongs in the company of murderous dictators is such a stretch that it threatens the credibility of your other statements.

dazzlingamy said:
He is the most vile, evil and dispicable man on this earth.

I don't agree with this. Don't misunderstand me, I demonstrated against Iraq, helped out in the Kerry campaign, and have signed a gazillion anti-Bush action petitions. Bush isn't Osama, let alone other real monsters.........I think he honestly thinks he's doing the right thing, it's just that I think he's wrong. I don't hate the guy.

Last edited:
Irvine511 said:

would you rather be an Iraqi under Saddam, or an American under Bush?

would you rather be a North Korean under Kim Jong-Il, or an American under Bush?

would you rather be a Serb (or, worse, a Bosnian) under Milosovic, or an American under Bush?

and we could go on and on and on ... Bush is terrible, i fully agree; i liked your point about him having great responsibility and failing on that front. however, to say that he belongs in the company of murderous dictators is such a stretch that it threatens the credibility of your other statements.

I'm not talking about people UNDER him, im talking about his desicions that affect the world.

In that way he's like a dictator.

He decides to invade Iraq, the UN says no, he ignores them. He makes up a lie (WMD) so other countries follow him thinking they are doing the right thing and the two main ones (England and Australia) have now both suffered from that alliance of LIES through the bali bombings (over 200 ppl killed) and recently the london bombings (55 and counting ppl died)

I'm saying he has a responsibility to the WORLD. He is supposedly the most powerful man on earth yet what has he done in his time in that position. Ignored 9/11 reports, waged a war on two helpless countries, killed thousands of innocent civilians in an invasion of their country, and still to this day has not come to a peaceful arragement. He is the protecetor of the free world, and instead of being intellgient, resourceful and kind, he is belligerant in the face of reason (the UN) and obviously holds american lives over the lives of any other on this earth. This is what makes him the uncaring vile man that he is.

While those dictators are bad, and yes i agree i would rather live in a first world country like america then iraq, nth korea or bosnia, i believe he has more responsibility to do things RIGHT then some militia men who got into power by threatening people.

thats why. Its like a dictator is already bad, he killed ppl to get where he needed to go, you only expect bad things to happen from him

A president of the united states should be moralistic, a man of the upmost intergrity, intelligiance, tolerance and forsight. He had further to fall and thus, is more evil and despiciable in my eyes.

dazzlingamy said:

I'm not talking about people UNDER him, im talking about his desicions that affect the world.

In that way he's like a dictator.

He decides to invade Iraq, the UN says no, he ignores them. He makes up a lie (WMD) so other countries follow him thinking they are doing the right thing and the two main ones (England and Australia) have now both suffered from that alliance of LIES through the bali bombings (over 200 ppl killed) and recently the london bombings (55 and counting ppl died)

I'm saying he has a responsibility to the WORLD. He is supposedly the most powerful man on earth yet what has he done in his time in that position. Ignored 9/11 reports, waged a war on two helpless countries, killed thousands of innocent civilians in an invasion of their country, and still to this day has not come to a peaceful arragement. He is the protecetor of the free world, and instead of being intellgient, resourceful and kind, he is belligerant in the face of reason (the UN) and obviously holds american lives over the lives of any other on this earth. This is what makes him the uncaring vile man that he is.

While those dictators are bad, and yes i agree i would rather live in a first world country like america then iraq, nth korea or bosnia, i believe he has more responsibility to do things RIGHT then some militia men who got into power by threatening people.

thats why. Its like a dictator is already bad, he killed ppl to get where he needed to go, you only expect bad things to happen from him

A president of the united states should be moralistic, a man of the upmost intergrity, intelligiance, tolerance and forsight. He had further to fall and thus, is more evil and despiciable in my eyes.

hey, i mostly agree with you, except that i think London and Bali would have been bombed no matter what had happened with Iraq. Paris is next, Milan, Berlin, Toronto ... essentially, no major western cities are safe, and a country's participation in Iraq or not isn't going to make much of a difference for desperate, suicidal people who are going to make up a greivance as a justification.

however, i simply don't think you can say Bush is as bad as Kim Jong-Il. it just doesn't hold any logical water.

verte76 said:

I don't agree with this. Don't misunderstand me, I demonstrated against Iraq, helped out in the Kerry campaign, and have signed a gazillion anti-Bush action petitions. Bush isn't Osama, let alone other real monsters.........I think he honestly thinks he's doing the right thing, it's just that I think he's wrong. I don't hate the guy.

I agree!!! I think Bono even said he does not agree with everything Bush says but he does belive that Bushes heart is in the right place.... I am glad to be in a countrie where there is so much democracy I am thankful I was not born under dictatorship.

Irvine511 said:

hey, i mostly agree with you, except that i think London and Bali would have been bombed no matter what had happened with Iraq. Paris is next, Milan, Berlin, Toronto ... essentially, no major western cities are safe, and a country's participation in Iraq or not isn't going to make much of a difference for desperate, suicidal people who are going to make up a greivance as a justification.

however, i simply don't think you can say Bush is as bad as Kim Jong-Il. it just doesn't hold any logical water.

mmm, see i dont think that will really happen. Both times it was factions of Al Queida *sp* claiming responsibility because of their involvement with the usa and iraq, so i think that has something major to do with it. If and when the other citys have terrorist attacks, then i shall change my opinion but atm, i still believe we wouldnt have been targeted if we didnt go to Iraq or Afghanistan

And once again im saying tha ti can. And i think what ive said is logical enough. Perhaps i dont know enough about kim jong. but i do stand by my conviciton. An evil man isnt just someone who kills, its someone who has no respect for life, except his own. Its someone who does so much wrong, yet justifies it as right. Its someone who believes they are so above the law that they are the law.

That is what GWB is. Kim Jong may be as well, but as i said, they higher the man, the further he falls, the bigger mess he makes

But as i've said, im not comparing him to a dictator, because he isnt one. He's ina class all of his own thank god.

dazzlingamy said:

Bali was October 2002, Iraq was liberated from Saddam in 2003. Does the concept of time when dealing with cause and effect even matter too you?

Furthurmore what element of Iraq's WMD were lies, do you believe that Saddam never had these weapon stockpiles? if not then what was he doing too the UNSCOM inspectors all through the 1990's?

And once again im saying tha ti can. And i think what ive said is logical enough. Perhaps i dont know enough about kim jong. but i do stand by my conviciton. An evil man isnt just someone who kills, its someone who has no respect for life, except his own. Its someone who does so much wrong, yet justifies it as right. Its someone who believes they are so above the law that they are the law.
Kim Jong Il runs a slave state, people are starving too death, the country has a network of concentration camps and there are persistent rumors from those who escape of chemical and biological weapons testing on inmates. You may not know this, in which case you are being ignorant of what goes on in the world, you may in fact know this, and I think that would be much worse.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom