Bush's approval rating hits an all time low

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
indra said:
“President Bush is safer in Albania than in America,” said Ermin Gjinishti, a Muslim leader in Albania.

Hey, maybe we can get them to keep him! :D

He gives the Albanian people the time of day.

BushWatch1PA_468x333.jpg

During Bill Clinton's own IMPEACHMENT trial, his approval rating was at 73%. That's basically the inverse of where Bush is right now. Just think about that for a second. Absolutely mind-boggling.

sorry,
this is for real
they are trying to hush it up

most likely
there is some Albanian

walking around with the codes
to the "nuclear hot button"

W needs to be kept on a very short lease

Smallville said:

It looks like he lost it, like it may have come off, right about the :58 second mark. You can see it clear right before that, then he looks down like he felt it come off, who knows. Just don't see a point in trying to cover it up, so Albania has a thief, what country doesn't?

those pretty much are my thoughts also.

That appears to be a live news cast.

I don't even think they knew what it revealed.

Either the watch fell off
from people pulling at him
or some slick pick pocket got it.

Smallville said:
Although it would be a cool momento! :shifty:

You know what your own eyes saw.

and now they serve us this.

Bush's watch not lifted in Albania

WASHINGTON, June 12 (UPI) -- U.S. President George Bush put his watch in a pocket for safe-keeping during his visit to Albania, his spokesman said, explaining that there is no mystery.

Rumors had spread that someone stole the president's watch when an enthusiastic crowd of Albanians surrounded him. Back in Washington, White House press secretary Tony Snow was asked directly if the president had been a crime victim, CNN reported.

"The president put it (his watch) in his pocket and it returned safely home," Snow said.

Bush, the first U.S. president to visit Albania, appears to be far more popular there than he is at home. Snow said that the president's staff and security deal were not worried that Bush was in danger Sunday as people he encountered reached out to touch him and shake his hand.

"What you had was an example of when captive nations come free," Snow said. "They understand the role the United States has played through the decades, taking unpopular moves."

deep said:

You know what your own eyes saw.

and now they serve us this.

OK

to be fair

their story is gaining some cred

I just saw on the nbc nightly news more film

there is a different camera angle from behind Bush
and it really looks like when he gets to the crowd
he takes a couple of seconds
and takes it off and puts the watch in his front pocket

they also said it was a $50 Timex.

so right now I tend to accept their explanation

but, I still don't believe their "Yellow Cake" document stories

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Bush wants the story of his vanishing watch to disappear.

Video coverage of Bush's wild stop in Albania over the weekend showed that Bush's watch seemed to disappear from his wrist as he greeted the locals. That led Albanian and U.S. media—and buzzing Web sites—to raise questions about whether the watch had been swiped.

The White House said the watch was not stolen, and that Bush instead had put it in his pocket.

Just to prove the point, Bush showed he was wearing a watch in the Oval Office on Wednesday. Photographers captured the moment.

"I have never seen such a ludicrous story," Bush said of the media's coverage. "Unbelievable."

Later, spokesman Tony Snow confirmed, "That is, in fact, the watch he was wearing in Albania."

The bit of mystery happened near the end of Bush's eight-day trip to Europe.

MrsSpringsteen said:
WASHINGTON (AP) -
"I have never seen such a ludicrous story," Bush said of the media's coverage. "Unbelievable."

Later, spokesman Tony Snow confirmed, "That is, in fact, the watch he was wearing in Albania."

This is a clear example of how liberal sycophants, Bush haters, gossipers and morose FY-Minders spend their time.

Pathetic.

You would think that there is something more productive that one could do with you their life then camp out here day in and day out.

:huh:
dbs

Last edited:
diamond said:

You would think that there is something more productive that one could do with you their life then camp out here day in and day out.

I'm only responding to this because I'm tired of your insults- you would also think there is something more productive YOU could do than that. Does it make you feel superior or something to come in here with such pronouncements?

By coming in here and making that statement, you're putting yourself on the same level.

You don't have to call it like you see it. Just ignore it.

MrsSpringsteen said:

Who asked you to? Keep going diamond, keep digging...

I could call it like I see it regarding you-but alas that would be rude and classless :)

I wasn't referring to you in paticular, so please prattle along elsewhere.

thank u,

dbs
:)

diamond said:

I wasn't referring to you in paticular, so please prattle along elsewhere.

thank u,

dbs
:)

I don't care if you weren't, and you have no right to tell me to "prattle along elsewhere". Normally I just ignore you but I'm sick of this stuff (nice word).

You see Dave, FYM is for discussion and debate about current events, politics, religion, etc. Not for discussion (not really "discussion", more like high horsed pronouncements of the rude and condescending variety) of what you think of how people here are spending their time "camping out here day in and day out". It isn't the first time you've done it either, it's become a pattern. Do that in private if that's what floats your boat, but it doesn't belong here and is becoming trolling if it isn't already.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom