bush will win. - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2004, 08:11 PM   #46
War Child

Local Time: 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by sharky
I want to get back to something Drummer said about Clinton going out to campaign. does anyone else see this as a negative? I mean, no one protested when Carter campaigned for Kerry. and why isn't the last Republican president -- bush Sr. -- campaigning for his son? Heck, he wasn't even allowed to address the Republican convention. what does that say about him?
I don't see how President Clinton campaigning for John Kerry can be a bad thing for Mr. Kerry. You wait till the last minute to bring out your big guns and Clinton is it. One of the talking points on the parrot show tonight (hannity and colmes) was " will Bill Clinton help or hurt John Kerry?" What a ridiculous question. The guy is an extremly popular democrat. If I'm Kerry I want him out there with me everyday until Tuesday.

Old 10-25-2004, 08:11 PM   #47
War Child

Local Time: 05:07 PM
Every poll worth it's salt the last few weeks has had Kerry up in Pennsylvania and Bush in Florida. So if I were a betting man, I would bet on those guys, in those states.

Ohio? Who knows. I am guessing that Kerry is doing well there, he continues to press there, but again, that may just mean he is desperate.

The original message on this thread didnt make any sense.

Old 10-25-2004, 08:25 PM   #48
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Inner El Guapo

The original message on this thread didnt make any sense.
Well I think what BestDrummer was saying (please correct me if I'm wrong here Drummer) is that Clinton wishes his wife to be President and the chances of that happening if Mr. Kerry is elected are slim. Some people believe that the fact that he is out campaigning with Kerry is an admission that he doesn't believe that Kerry can win and this will set up a Presidential run for his wife in 2008. So the theory is that he would not help Kerry if he thought he was going to win--because he wants to be first "gentleman?" Decide for yourselves the validity of this claim.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:44 PM   #49
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Re: Re: Re: bush will win.

Quote:
Originally posted by STING2

In 1971, John Kerry went before Congress and accused ALL officers at all levels of command in Vietnam of either participating, approving, or having knowledge of yet doing nothing about, war crimes in Vietnam.
Yes but read what he said in context.
Quote:
I am a democrat and was going to vote for kerry untill he accused my family of war criminal actions.
He was going to vote for him until Kerry accused his family...so he was going to vote for him over 30 years ago? There's just too many things wrong with this person's original post and that's why I think this guy is trolling.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:45 PM   #50
War Child

Absurd, that's what it is. Who is recycling this nonsense? Hannity, Rush, O'Reiily? My goodness.

Bill Clinton gave a speech for Kerry when Kerry was up, he did his book tour and prasied Kerry when Kerry was up, he has prasied Kerry numerous times, on interviews etc. He did all of this before the RNC< which is where Kerry fell behind, then Clinton had his heart problems or else he woul dhave been stumping for him then.

He only came out now because he is healthy enough. Clinton wants Kerry to win because if Kerry is elected, Clinton, Bill not Hillary, is the next head of the UN. Hillary will eventually get a crack at it, she's realitively young for a politician.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:51 PM   #51
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Inner El Guapo
Absurd, that's what it is. Who is recycling this nonsense? Hannity, Rush, O'Reiily? My goodness.

Bill Clinton gave a speech for Kerry when Kerry was up, he did his book tour and prasied Kerry when Kerry was up, he has prasied Kerry numerous times, on interviews etc. He did all of this before the RNC< which is where Kerry fell behind, then Clinton had his heart problems or else he woul dhave been stumping for him then.

He only came out now because he is healthy enough. Clinton wants Kerry to win because if Kerry is elected, Clinton, Bill not Hillary, is the next head of the UN. Hillary will eventually get a crack at it, she's realitively young for a politician.
Um well other than the internet--the only other place I've heard this theory is from Dick Morris author of rewriting history and former Clinton advisor. But I don't listen to Rush or watch Hannity that much so I could be wrong. I have never heard O'Reilly say anything to this affect although he does have Mr. Morris on from time to time.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:53 PM   #52
War Child

Local Time: 11:07 PM
My prediction:

-Bush wins by a relatively narrow margin. Not as close as 2000, but still only a few electoral votes (20 or fewer)
-There will be challenge after challenge from various groups and organizations until this thing drags out into the late winter

Not good for a country in the middle of a war...and that's what truly scares me. The terrorists may see a country divided over an election as ripe for attack. If my predictions are true, I hope Kerry will concede quickly and clearly, for the safety of the United States of America.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:54 PM   #53
War Child

Re: Re: Re: Re: bush will win.

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

He was going to vote for him until Kerry accused his family...so he was going to vote for him over 30 years ago? There's just too many things wrong with this person's original post and that's why I think this guy is trolling.
Mr. Kerry was not a nationwide figure until the start of this election. What he did 30 years ago was not widely known until recently.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:02 PM   #54
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: bush will win.

Quote:
Originally posted by drivemytrabant

Mr. Kerry was not a nationwide figure until the start of this election. What he did 30 years ago was not widely known until recently.
I've heard conservatives drag this out as soon as he started running.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:08 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoocoustic
I hope Kerry will concede quickly and clearly, for the safety of the United States of America.
The days of rolling over and playing dead are gone.

Al Gore is thatta way. ---->
Old 10-25-2004, 09:09 PM   #56
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
The days of rolling over and playing dead are gone.

Al Gore is thatta way. ---->
Which will only further divide the country. Letting lawyers in on the action only stripped elections of their dignity.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:10 PM   #57
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:07 AM
Kerry has a tactic, announce victory early and never concede defeat. That is what they have stated and it will be messy.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:14 PM   #58
War Child

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: bush will win.

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

I've heard conservatives drag this out as soon as he started running.

Yes some of this was brought to light as soon as he announced his candidacy for president--but he was not considered the front runner until the caucuses and not until he had a firm lead did the things he did after returning from Vietnam really come to the national spotlight and could catch the attention of someone who only watches the nightly news for example. If Drummer or someone else was not a die hard politics junky--he/she wouldn't have found this out until a few months ago.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:51 PM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

The important thing is not whether Bush wins or Kerry wins, but that the American People win!

Unfortunately, with this campaign being fought largely in the "swing states", the majority of the American people have really not had a good chance to see and evaluate the candidates for themselves - we have had to rely on the media, which can have a slant on reporting either one way or the other.

This is what has made this year's campaign process so unfortunate for the majority of the American people.
Old 10-26-2004, 06:23 AM   #60
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:07 PM
For the record, Clinton was planning on starting to campaign for Kerry before he had his surgery. He's only recently hit the campaign trail because he had to recuperate from his surgery. Quadruple by-pass surgery is a major deal. One doesn't go out on a grueling campaign swing right after that surgery, they must be a number of weeks post-op. I'm not a health professional (when I worked in a hospital it was in administration) but I'd imagine it's at least six weeks. So, I don't think it says anything about Kerry's campaign that Clinton is starting to campaign for him right now. It says something about Clinton's health, and as a Kerry supporter this doesn't concern me. I'm stubborn as hell and don't give up until I have to.