Bush will help Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A_Wanderer said:
Pledged (key word here) 15 Billion.

Wow. 3 billion a year. Yeah, pledged is key. I mean Bush could say 100,000,000,000,000,000,000 and it doesn't mean jack until Congress coughs up.... Hopefully though, and if so Bush deserves every accolade he'd get.

A_Wanderer - seen Australias contribution? $8.3million x 3 years. F*cking pathetic. I'm looking forward to the next U2 tour here. Bono will be in massive demand from every media outlet in the country, and I'm sure this time he'll be willing to talk to anyone who'll listen. He took a lot of shots at Howard on stage at the Sydney Popmart show, crowd loved it, but this time it would be very different. I'd be that a) Howard wouldn't meet with Bono as Bush and Blair do, b) Howard has probably never heard of Bono, c) Bono couldn't give a f*ck about stepping on Howards toes, as opposed to his carefulness with Bush and Blair.

I look forward to a guest spot on Denton, a front page SMH spread etc etc etc...

Bush & Bono: looks & sounds good!

bostonmike4444 said:
With people like Stipe and Springsteen taking up arms against a popular president like George Bush Jr., Bono played it smart and tried to appeal to both US parties. After Bush's major election win (more Americans voted for Bush than any other president in US history instead of being shunned aside by the U.S. administration, Bono still has somewhat of a "friend" in the White House which should be very good for his Africa initiatives. Bono is a true leader and extremely smart to not attack and smear Bush like so many of his classless, ignorant, and out-of-touch-with-America musicians. I predict in his second term, Bush will... be willing to listen to more of what Bono has to say. This is a great day in US history and I'm glad Bono never turned himself into a fanatical, angry anti-Bush yahoo like so many other celebrities.
Viva Bush!

Bush & Bono! Good duo to collaborate on many positive things. As I recall, Bono also did (years ago) a benefit for President Bush Sr. Not sure if it was during Daddy Bush's 1988 campaign or after he was elected president and in the White House. :|

Last edited:
Stonewall - do you have the link or some more info on the "benefit" that Bono did for Pres. Bush Sr.

I never heard of it or have ever heard Bono mention it. Are you sure you have some of the details right?

Inquiring minds want to know. :wink:

GOP_Catholic said:
A_Wanderer, well, if these people want to F as you put it, then they can deal with the consequences of F'ing.

The whole planet knows by now how to avoid AIDS.

If you think someone advocating abstinence is a troll, then you have just called the Pope a troll, real classy on your part.
I agree, drink responsibly, "f" responsibly. But...

I don't think we've enforced how scary AIDS is. We're too busy fighting over same-sex marriage to find a cure before this happens.

What about the millions and millions of children who were born with AIDS as a result of their parents having a lack of responsibility? I hate the reality of children being born with AIDS, and the reality of children not being born at all, as a result of a rack in responsibility. That's why I respect what Bono is doing.

Re: Bush & Bono: looks & sounds good!

Stonewall said:

As I recall, Bono also did (years ago) a benefit for President Bush Sr. Not sure if it was during Daddy Bush's 1988 campaign or after he was elected president and in the White House. :|

I highly doubt it. Bono was pretty outspoken against Sr. Bono didn't do the whole non-partisan thing until his work for Africa really started.

Re: Re: Bush & Bono: looks & sounds good!

BonoVoxSupastar said:

I highly doubt it. Bono was pretty outspoken against Sr. Bono didn't do the whole non-partisan thing until his work for Africa really started.
Yeah really. Why is this the first I've heard about Bono supporting Daddy Bush?

Back
Top Bottom