Bush Versus Kerry Interland Instant Poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
McCain is the third guy in there. Speaking with people, some seem to think he'll get the nod, but thats up in the air. It's going to be a toss-up with him.

There was also rumors for a while that Bush was considering dropping Cheney and taking Rudy as his veep, as a way to bolster the campaign, but that obviously didn't happen. Rudy didn't comment on it.

But what would happen if Bush does win the election, does Cheney go for pres?? I do not know if I'd have the most confidence in him pulling out the election. I think the above three give the Republicans their best shot. I could be wrong though.

First things first though, Election '04

odowdpa said:
McCain is the third guy in there. Speaking with people, some seem to think he'll get the nod, but thats up in the air. It's going to be a toss-up with him.

There was also rumors for a while that Bush was considering dropping Cheney and taking Rudy as his veep, as a way to bolster the campaign, but that obviously didn't happen. Rudy didn't comment on it.

But what would happen if Bush does win the election, does Cheney go for pres?? I do not know if I'd have the most confidence in him pulling out the election. I think the above three give the Republicans their best shot. I could be wrong though.

First things first though, Election '04

Wow I think you're thinking way too far ahead. But just to entertain your thought, I think that would be a huge mistake for the republicans. Cheney has way too many issues; his health, his not being to keep his cool, and the fact that I think most people think he has more skeletons than Bush. If the Republicans went with Cheney they'd be shooting themselves in the foot, and given the wounds they already have, I'm not sure if there is much foot left to stand on.:wink:

Shit, Cheney in 2008 - No Way Never!

I register my vote to a big "Smash The State" scrawled over the ballot paper, then in retrospect as I walk out say damn I shoulda voted for somebody.

we'll see what happens. Its similar to what I was thinking when Clinton's time was running out and all I saw was Gore waiting in the wings *shudder*

On MSNBC earlier I was listening to a reporter who was approached by Aljazeera News, to report for them, from the Dem convention center. I didn't hear him say if he will be reporting also from the republican convention but you can bet they are definitely watching and listening in the Middle East.
The other reporter was asking him why he was doing this for (Aljazeera, as if he was un-american for reporting for this news agency. Even though I have thought at times Aljazeera should have been shut down, that would be censorship. We pride ourselves on freedom of speech here and can't be telling others what to report or not. Sorry that was a bit off subject.
Already stated earlier: Kerry/ Edwards)

Oh no, you mean Kerry doesn't want to be dependent on another country? How dare he want to find a better fuel source and be independent.

The point I'm trying to make is, people seem to think that if we get rid of Bush Arab nations will like us better. I say they will not, regardless of our leadership. This is only evidence they don't care for your darling Kerry either.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Oh no, you mean Kerry doesn't want to be dependent on another country? How dare he want to find a better fuel source and be independent.

Yet his whole "plan" for the middle east is dependent on building relationships with other countries.

BluberryPoptart said:
The point I'm trying to make is, people seem to think that if we get rid of Bush Arab nations will like us better. I say they will not, regardless of our leadership. This is only evidence they don't care for your darling Kerry either.

I haven't heard one person say that the Middle East will automatically like us if Bush is gone. I've heard that with Kerry in, he'll try to patch some of the bridges Bush has burned with countries all over the world and try to get a global effort in the Middle East. If the Middle East feels there is a global effort and it's not just ME against the US and GB, than maybe things would start changing. Bush never bothered to do this.

nbcrusader said:

Yet his whole "plan" for the middle east is dependent on building relationships with other countries.

We do have relationships with countries that we don't heavily depend on don't we? If the only way Saudi Arabia is going to like us is if our president's hands are their back pockets then I'm not sure it's a real relationship.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
I haven't heard one person say that the Middle East will automatically like us if Bush is gone. I've heard that with Kerry in, he'll try to patch some of the bridges Bush has burned with countries all over the world and try to get a global effort in the Middle East. If the Middle East feels there is a global effort and it's not just ME against the US and GB, than maybe things would start changing. Bush never bothered to do this.

Exactly. Once again, I think we're all well aware that it will take time to get the issues in the Middle East taken care of-we know Kerry won't be waving some magic wand and making everything perfect overnight. We just think that Kerry could have a better plan to start helping to make the relationship between our country and that area of the world better, and hopefully each administration that followed his would take his plan and run with it and continue to do good things. Yes, it will definitely take time, but I'd much rather have a long period of diplomatic efforts than a quick war that only made the people angrier with us and that didn't do anything other than to strengthen this endless circle of dislike between the two areas of the world.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom