Bush Versus Kerry Interland Instant Poll - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2004, 02:09 PM   #61
The Fly

Local Time: 11:02 PM
How can I say that?

Because the things they are protesting about are blatently wrong. They are not refreshed on the issues and are picketing an area they are clearly wrong about.

If someone picketed saying 1+1 = 3, what would you think? Like the post before...

"Why am I voting for Kerry? Because I want to see this "war" end"

How do you feel about these types of posts? The person said they were voting for Kerry, but they are grossly misinformed on the issues as the war will not end if Kerry wins. It seems popular opinion has taken grasp of some voters.

Who am I? Who are you?

Old 07-29-2004, 02:16 PM   #62
Refugee

Local Time: 08:02 PM
People who are voting for Kerry because they hope to end the war in Iraq aren't necessarily misinformed. True, Kerry has not said he would end the war. However, he has said that he would pursue international involvement, hopefully lessening our presence there sooner. People may also support Kerry because he's less likely to start a pre-emptive war that many feel was unnecessary. Also, many hope that Kerry will be more willing to listen to the wishes of those who are against the war rather than ignoring them.

Old 07-29-2004, 02:23 PM   #63
War Child

Local Time: 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by odowdpa

"Why am I voting for Kerry? Because I want to see this "war" end"

How do you feel about these types of posts? The person said they were voting for Kerry, but they are grossly misinformed on the issues as the war will not end if Kerry wins. It seems popular opinion has taken grasp of some voters.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:24 PM   #64
The Fly

Good points taken.

The only area that I would challenge is key words like "hopefully". Bush "hopefully" wants things to happen like that as well. But with insurgents rising almost everyday, I do not feel the administration could let that happen.

Despite how I've posted, Kerry would be good for international affairs, but what makes you think more countries would want to jump in just because of Kerry?
Old 07-29-2004, 02:28 PM   #65
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by odowdpa
How can I say that?

Because the things they are protesting about are blatently wrong. They are not refreshed on the issues and are picketing an area they are clearly wrong about.

If someone picketed saying 1+1 = 3, what would you think? Like the post before...
There are some considerable differences between mathematics and politics, so that's perhaps not the best comparison.

Amazingly enough, simply asserting that the protestors are "blatantly wrong" isn't likely to convince many people. You're stating an opinion and you're not even backing it up with a coherent argument. Why is your opinion any more valid than the opinions of those who oppose the war? If you want people to agree with you then you have to do better than a simplistic 'I'm right and they're wrong' argument.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:29 PM   #66
Refugee

Bush has destroyed any chance for true international support. I think that other world leaders would probably be swayed by the "anyone but Bush" sentiment.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:33 PM   #67
War Child

Are we not still "America" and "the infidel" regardless of leadership?
Old 07-29-2004, 02:36 PM   #68
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 05:02 AM
To whom?
Old 07-29-2004, 02:40 PM   #69
Refugee

France, duh.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:42 PM   #70
War Child

Everyone who hates us.

I mean, do you think people like France who didn't support the war, and people in the middle east who hate us as 'infidels' are suddenly going to go, oh, it's okay now, they don't have Bush! I'm on their side now! Everything they do now is a-ok with us!
Old 07-29-2004, 02:53 PM   #71
Refugee

Well they were on our side before Bush, and after 9/11, so ...yes. Maybe not the ones who see us as "infidels" because there's a lot more we'd have to do to change that perception. But yeah, I do see Europe being more willing to help us out of the mess in Iraq if Bush weren't president.
Old 07-29-2004, 03:04 PM   #72
The Fly

Fizzing, if you are incapable of linking the two examples I mentioned, then thats not my problem. but the educational systems.

You say that I am in a 'I'm right, your wrong argument', but then I read some of your hypocritical posts. here's one gem of yours:

"Besides, it's hardly as though every Bush supporter here has a fantastic grasp of the issues"

Let's not cast stones now...
Old 07-29-2004, 03:08 PM   #73
ONE
love, blood, life

I find it relatively amusing that people are saying Kerry will end the war. Have you listened to him? He has virtually an identical stance as the administration on Iraq. If you heard Edwards last night, the war on terror is not over, nor will it be over under Kerry. You have the wrong candidate if you are basing it on the war. Both Kerry and Edwards voted to give the president the power to wage war.

The anti-war candidate has been defeated by a scream.
Old 07-29-2004, 03:18 PM   #74
Refugee

I don't think that Kerry will end the war. We're in pretty deep, and realistically we can't just pull everyone out immediately. However I do think that John Kerry does have a better plan for winning the peace in Iraq, and that's why I'll be voting for him.
Old 07-29-2004, 03:22 PM   #75
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by ThatGuy
However I do think that John Kerry does have a better plan for winning the peace in Iraq, and that's why I'll be voting for him.
Could you articulate the plan? Cause Kerry hasn't.