Bush Versus Kerry Interland Instant Poll - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2004, 10:31 PM   #31
Refugee

Local Time: 07:12 PM
American, Kerry

Old 07-28-2004, 11:20 PM   #32
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:12 PM
American, I am writing in John McCain.

Old 07-28-2004, 11:22 PM   #33
Blue Crack Addict

Non-American, KERRY.

However, with a caveat. If I were in a battleground state, I would vote for Kerry. If not, I would vote my conscience (ie. Nader). I have never voted strategically in my life, but I may just be convinced to do so in this instance.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:30 PM   #34
The Fly

American, Bush

Everyone here knows that Kerry is for the war and thinks along the same lines as Bush on WMD, right? Although the Chin is quick to point out Bush was given misinformation. If you listen to Hannity, he loves playing a Kerry clip saying that we have to go into Iraq and rid them of WMD. The man flip flops more than anyone. Do you want a democrat or a radical liberal. He makes Ted Kennedy look conservative. Oh well...everone is a pro on the issues
Old 07-28-2004, 11:40 PM   #35
arw
Blue Crack Addict

American~KERRY!!!!!!!
Old 07-28-2004, 11:52 PM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by odowdpa
Do you want a democrat or a radical liberal.

you say it like it's a bad thing
Old 07-28-2004, 11:59 PM   #37
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:12 PM
Quote:
The man flip flops more than anyone. Do you want a democrat or a radical liberal. He makes Ted Kennedy look conservative. Oh well...everone is a pro on the issues
Well the flip-flopping has been dealt with in here quite a bit and honestly I think a lot of people, including some Republicans have changed their view on Iraq given the information we have now. So none of that bothers me. Personally I think Bush flip flops more than most politicians.

I find it odd that you think Kerry is radical liberal and that he makes Ted Kennedy look conservative, because the consensus I hear is that they think Kerry is too close to the middle.

Anyways since I'm here...
American and Kerry.
Why? My conscience wouldn't allow me otherwise.
Old 07-29-2004, 12:03 AM   #38
New Yorker

Local Time: 04:12 PM
Quote:
Do you want a democrat or a radical liberal. [Kerry] makes Ted Kennedy look conservative.
Kerry a "radical liberal?" Hardly the case. Though I do wish your statement were true. If Kerry were a "radical liberal" he would talk bluntly and honestly about the right wing extremist administration presently leading the U.S. He wouldn't be pledging to take the "war on terror" to the terrorists. He wouldn't be pledging to build up the department of Homeland Security.

How can Kerry be a radical liberal when he is "for the war and thinks along the same lines as Bush on WMD?"
Old 07-29-2004, 12:38 AM   #39
The Fly

There is more to an election than the war. I just pointed out that one area cuz it seems to be the most talked about topic. There is a whole array of things that I can get into, but its late and this is a forum (I wish it could be done in person then we could do it and it wouldnt take me a 1/2 hour to write) But the big thing that scares me about this election is that people are just going along with what seems to be popular opinion without realizing what really is going on.
For example, someone here wrote:

"Why am I voting for Kerry? Because I want to see this "war" end"

That scares me becuz the war will not be ending after this election. Kerry, Bush, Nader, Big Bird - they will all continue this war no matter who wins. Both the front runners have made it clear we will be staying in Iraq and we'll be going elsewhere to find terrorists.

I am voting for Bush, but I am not a Kerry hater as I feel he would probably help international relations simply because he is not Bush. But overall, Bush is the best man for the job as he carries a big stick when we most need a big stick. I am scared to know how Kerry would react if something similar happened under his reign.
Old 07-29-2004, 12:57 AM   #40
New Yorker

Local Time: 04:12 PM
Quote:

But overall, Bush is the best man for the job as he carries a big stick when we most need a big stick.
For what exactly do we need a 'big stick'?
Old 07-29-2004, 01:02 AM   #41
The Fly

nothing, I guess
Old 07-29-2004, 01:07 AM   #42
Refugee

Quote:
If you listen to Hannity ...

Do you want a democrat or a radical liberal. He makes Ted Kennedy look conservative. Oh well...everone is a pro on the issues
Yeah, if you listen to Hannity parrot GOP talking points I can see how you might think that Kerry is some sort of uber-liberal, completely out of touch with mainstream America. However:
Quote:
Kerry opposed a proposed federal constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage and would allow the issue to be decided at the state level. As Media Matters for America has previously noted, a majority of Americans would also prefer the issue to be decided at the state level rather than through a constitutional amendment. A recent ABC News/Washington Post survey found that 58 percent of Americans believe that "each state should make its own laws on gay marriage," while only 38 percent favor amending the Constitution.

Kerry voted to restrict late-term abortions "where there was a clear exception for [the] life or health of women." According to a recent ABC News/Washington Post poll, a majority of Americans (54 percent) agree that abortion should be legal in all or most cases.

Kerry wants to provide health coverage to 95 percent of Americans. According to an ABC News/Washington Post poll, this position is supported by the 79 percent of Americans who would rather raise taxes to provide coverage for all Americans than keep taxes down and prevent some Americans from receiving coverage.

Kerry was endorsed by the Sierra Club because of his commitment to protecting the environment. Fifty-five percent of Americans think the federal government is not doing enough to protect the environment, according to a recent Gallup poll.

Kerry supports closing the gun show loophole and extending the assault weapons ban; according to a recent CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll, 60 percent of Americans think the government should do more about restricting the kinds of guns people can buy.

From Media Matters for America
Please don't base your opinions of Kerry on comments made by someone who often knowingly lies and makes shit up.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:24 AM   #43
The Fly

AMERICAN-BUSH
Old 07-29-2004, 01:31 AM   #44
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
American, I am writing in John McCain.

an option,

i may consider
Old 07-29-2004, 01:33 AM   #45
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by pub crawler

For what exactly do we need a 'big stick'?

to compensate for a small d***.