Bush Versus Kerry Interland Instant Poll - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-31-2004, 01:27 AM   #151
The Fly
 
odowdpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: New York City
Posts: 215
Local Time: 11:57 AM
McCain is the third guy in there. Speaking with people, some seem to think he'll get the nod, but thats up in the air. It's going to be a toss-up with him.

There was also rumors for a while that Bush was considering dropping Cheney and taking Rudy as his veep, as a way to bolster the campaign, but that obviously didn't happen. Rudy didn't comment on it.

But what would happen if Bush does win the election, does Cheney go for pres?? I do not know if I'd have the most confidence in him pulling out the election. I think the above three give the Republicans their best shot. I could be wrong though.

First things first though, Election '04
__________________

__________________
odowdpa is offline  
Old 07-31-2004, 02:59 AM   #152
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,656
Local Time: 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by odowdpa
McCain is the third guy in there. Speaking with people, some seem to think he'll get the nod, but thats up in the air. It's going to be a toss-up with him.

There was also rumors for a while that Bush was considering dropping Cheney and taking Rudy as his veep, as a way to bolster the campaign, but that obviously didn't happen. Rudy didn't comment on it.

But what would happen if Bush does win the election, does Cheney go for pres?? I do not know if I'd have the most confidence in him pulling out the election. I think the above three give the Republicans their best shot. I could be wrong though.

First things first though, Election '04
Wow I think you're thinking way too far ahead. But just to entertain your thought, I think that would be a huge mistake for the republicans. Cheney has way too many issues; his health, his not being to keep his cool, and the fact that I think most people think he has more skeletons than Bush. If the Republicans went with Cheney they'd be shooting themselves in the foot, and given the wounds they already have, I'm not sure if there is much foot left to stand on.
__________________

__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 07-31-2004, 09:47 AM   #153
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,256
Local Time: 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by odowdpa
Another issue is I think is that the liberals hate Bush so much that they just want him out. They don't care who it is. I'm pretty sure if the Dems chose Bart Simpson to be their representative, they'd vote for him, as long as it wasn't Bush.
Can't speak for the others, but I know that's not the case with me.

Angela
__________________
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 07-31-2004, 09:52 AM   #154
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 02:57 AM
Shit, Cheney in 2008 - No Way Never!

I register my vote to a big "Smash The State" scrawled over the ballot paper, then in retrospect as I walk out say damn I shoulda voted for somebody.
__________________
A_Wanderer is offline  
Old 07-31-2004, 11:21 AM   #155
The Fly
 
odowdpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: New York City
Posts: 215
Local Time: 11:57 AM
we'll see what happens. Its similar to what I was thinking when Clinton's time was running out and all I saw was Gore waiting in the wings *shudder*
__________________
odowdpa is offline  
Old 07-31-2004, 03:36 PM   #156
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
sue4u2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: hatching some plot, scheming some scheme
Posts: 6,628
Local Time: 11:57 AM
On MSNBC earlier I was listening to a reporter who was approached by Aljazeera News, to report for them, from the Dem convention center. I didn't hear him say if he will be reporting also from the republican convention but you can bet they are definitely watching and listening in the Middle East.
The other reporter was asking him why he was doing this for (Aljazeera, as if he was un-american for reporting for this news agency. Even though I have thought at times Aljazeera should have been shut down, that would be censorship. We pride ourselves on freedom of speech here and can't be telling others what to report or not. Sorry that was a bit off subject.
Already stated earlier: Kerry/ Edwards)
__________________
sue4u2 is offline  
Old 07-31-2004, 05:47 PM   #157
War Child
 
BluberryPoptart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 532
Local Time: 04:57 PM
See, here we do, Kerry isn't popular in the middle east either:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...saudi_kerry_dc
__________________
BluberryPoptart is offline  
Old 07-31-2004, 05:58 PM   #158
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,656
Local Time: 10:57 AM
Oh no, you mean Kerry doesn't want to be dependent on another country? How dare he want to find a better fuel source and be independent.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 07-31-2004, 06:23 PM   #159
War Child
 
BluberryPoptart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 532
Local Time: 04:57 PM
The point I'm trying to make is, people seem to think that if we get rid of Bush Arab nations will like us better. I say they will not, regardless of our leadership. This is only evidence they don't care for your darling Kerry either.
__________________
BluberryPoptart is offline  
Old 07-31-2004, 06:44 PM   #160
Blue Crack Addict
 
nbcrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,071
Local Time: 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
Oh no, you mean Kerry doesn't want to be dependent on another country? How dare he want to find a better fuel source and be independent.
Yet his whole "plan" for the middle east is dependent on building relationships with other countries.
__________________
nbcrusader is offline  
Old 07-31-2004, 07:10 PM   #161
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,656
Local Time: 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BluberryPoptart
The point I'm trying to make is, people seem to think that if we get rid of Bush Arab nations will like us better. I say they will not, regardless of our leadership. This is only evidence they don't care for your darling Kerry either.
I haven't heard one person say that the Middle East will automatically like us if Bush is gone. I've heard that with Kerry in, he'll try to patch some of the bridges Bush has burned with countries all over the world and try to get a global effort in the Middle East. If the Middle East feels there is a global effort and it's not just ME against the US and GB, than maybe things would start changing. Bush never bothered to do this.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 07-31-2004, 07:14 PM   #162
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,656
Local Time: 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader


Yet his whole "plan" for the middle east is dependent on building relationships with other countries.
We do have relationships with countries that we don't heavily depend on don't we? If the only way Saudi Arabia is going to like us is if our president's hands are their back pockets then I'm not sure it's a real relationship.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 07-31-2004, 08:15 PM   #163
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,256
Local Time: 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
I haven't heard one person say that the Middle East will automatically like us if Bush is gone. I've heard that with Kerry in, he'll try to patch some of the bridges Bush has burned with countries all over the world and try to get a global effort in the Middle East. If the Middle East feels there is a global effort and it's not just ME against the US and GB, than maybe things would start changing. Bush never bothered to do this.
Exactly. Once again, I think we're all well aware that it will take time to get the issues in the Middle East taken care of-we know Kerry won't be waving some magic wand and making everything perfect overnight. We just think that Kerry could have a better plan to start helping to make the relationship between our country and that area of the world better, and hopefully each administration that followed his would take his plan and run with it and continue to do good things. Yes, it will definitely take time, but I'd much rather have a long period of diplomatic efforts than a quick war that only made the people angrier with us and that didn't do anything other than to strengthen this endless circle of dislike between the two areas of the world.

Angela
__________________

__________________
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com