Bush Starts "Second Surge" to Double Number of Troops in Iraq - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-23-2007, 07:35 PM   #61
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2

Is that so?

Well then, would you like to condemn the statements of John Kerry and Ted Kennedy and the others who voted for this war and who believed Saddam was a threat? Would you like to condemn Hillary for voting for this war and then bragging when we caught Saddam?

I guess when President Bush says something, its a lie, but when Dems say the exact same thing, it's something else.
Absolutely! I think you've just assumed that we're all democrats. For the record, I want to point out that being liberal does not necessarily mean that one is a democrat. And we're not all sheep either. I'm certainly not following a party just to be following a party. Both parties don't even come close to my ideals.

You did this to me earlier in the thread. You A) assumed I was a democrat and B) assumed I supported Rangel. We are a diverse community. Just because some politician claims to be a democrat, does not mean that all those who are liberal minded are going to support her/him.

Old 05-23-2007, 07:41 PM   #62
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:15 PM
Quote:
Did they lie to America? Either everyone lied, or no one lied.
You really don't get it do you? They were fed faulty "intelligence". Some have admitted their fault in not questioning the intelligence and others haven't.

It's like you, you still think we have satellite images, so technically you aren't lying. But if you ever caught up with the rest of us and realized these images never existed, you would be lying if you still claimed this.

Old 05-23-2007, 07:44 PM   #63
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:15 AM
Well, you can be against a war, but seeing that you can't prevent it from happening at least demanding it to be carried out in a way that has a chance to become a success, and if mistakes were done blame them for that.

One couldn't prevent the war from happening although being against it, so it's no hypocrisy to be upset that in the beginning the troops deploeyed to Iraq weren't sufficient.

You can support the fight against poverty in Africa in many ways without having to go there or giving away your last cent. That's plain crap.

You can't demand a troop increase when the military is finding it difficult to find people joining the armed forces and when it comes to yourself say: "No, sorry, I support an increase in troop, but this shouldn't apply to myself."

To say it's the soldier's fault to be in this situation ignores one very important fact: Many of these soldiers come from very poor neighbourhoods with low education and no real future prospects. They see their chances in joining the army, or get told so by Army recruiters going into such neigbourhoods telling them how great it is to fight for the own country and what how a career in the Army will boost their future expectations.

And please, when do you start to get over this "Every liberal/anti-war protester is an Anti-American"? You are 19 for God's sake.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:47 PM   #64
She's the One

Local Time: 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Vincent Vega
You are 19 for God's sake.

Oh that just takes the cake. He's the same age as those poor kids getting blown to bits, and he blathers on and on about how great the war is, and he refuses to put up or shut up?
Old 05-23-2007, 09:46 PM   #65
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Vincent Vega

And please, when do you start to get over this "Every liberal/anti-war protester is an Anti-American"? You are 19 for God's sake.
Sir, please tell me when I said that. I never implied that, nor do I believe that. You need to wise-up.

And martha, how am I "refusing to put up or shut up?"

Also, my age should have nothing to do with this conversation. I wish more college kids thought like me, instead of being fed all this anti-Bush, anti-government garbage that comes with attending a college. I'm not a premium member so I cant tell anyone's age here, but it wouldnt surprise me if some where just middle-aged hippies trying to re-live the war protests from the 60s and 70s.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:49 PM   #66
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

anti-government garbage that comes with attending a college.
Where do you come up with this shit?

Nevermind, I know you won't answer. You haven't answered one question or post aimed to you. You've avoided any real evidence or facts. You're wasting everyone's time.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:10 PM   #67
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Where do you come up with this shit?

Nevermind, I know you won't answer. You haven't answered one question or post aimed to you. You've avoided any real evidence or facts. You're wasting everyone's time.
Actually, I will answer, and actually, I have addressed many of the depressing comments that you all have made- at least as many as I can bear to stand.

I "come up with that shit" because I am currently attending a university, and see this stuff on a daily basis. I dont know or care to know if you ever went to college, but maybe you became immune to this stuff. I've personally had professors who trash Bush and all government. I've never known someone to seem to hate authority as much as Dr. Sullivan did. The classrooms, hallways and teachers at college are largely one-sided, and if you cant comprehend that, come spend a day at Illinois State with me.

And if I am wasting everyone's time, feel free to not contribute to this discussion anymore. You wont change my views, and I dont plan on changing yours.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:21 PM   #68
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
I'm not a premium member so I cant tell anyone's age here, but it wouldnt surprise me if some where just middle-aged hippies trying to re-live the war protests from the 60s and 70s.
So do you think there was nothing about the Vietnam War worth protesting?
Old 05-23-2007, 10:25 PM   #69
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Actually, I will answer, and actually, I have addressed many of the depressing comments that you all have made- at least as many as I can bear to stand.

I "come up with that shit" because I am currently attending a university, and see this stuff on a daily basis. I dont know or care to know if you ever went to college, but maybe you became immune to this stuff. I've personally had professors who trash Bush and all government. I've never known someone to seem to hate authority as much as Dr. Sullivan did. The classrooms, hallways and teachers at college are largely one-sided, and if you cant comprehend that, come spend a day at Illinois State with me.

And if I am wasting everyone's time, feel free to not contribute to this discussion anymore. You wont change my views, and I dont plan on changing yours.
So a couple of your proffesors allows you to make such generalizations? Your views on education are very enlightening.

You didn't address satellite images.

You didn't address how many known terrorists were in Iraq prior to 9/11, as opposed to others.

You didn't address why it's OK for you to support your fellow 19 years old to go to a dead end war but not you.

You didn't address the difference between those who were fed faulty evidence and admitted it and those who didn't.

All subjects you initially brought up and couldn't back up.

Your views are extremely depressing and make me fearful of this country's future.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:25 PM   #70
Blue Crack Addict

you can always transfer to Liberty!
Old 05-23-2007, 10:29 PM   #71
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:

That's odd, I wasn't aware this was your discussion.

That said, I think you might come across better if you didn't make such sweeping and inaccurate generalizations about those you're responding to.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:12 AM   #72
She's the One

Quote:

And martha, how am I "refusing to put up or shut up?"
If you're so hot to fight a war, go fight the damn thing.

Quote:
but it wouldnt surprise me if some where just middle-aged hippies trying to re-live the war protests from the 60s and 70s.
Another stunning assumption. You should be pissed about the education you've received if all you've learned is how to assume and then go from there.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:18 AM   #73
Blue Crack Addict

I did have something eloquent and meaningful to say, but I don't think it's worth it.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:20 AM   #74
She's the One

Quote:
I "come up with that shit" because I am currently attending a university, and see this stuff on a daily basis. I dont know or care to know if you ever went to college, but maybe you became immune to this stuff. I've personally had professors who trash Bush and all government. .... The classrooms, hallways and teachers at college are largely one-sided, and if you cant comprehend that, come spend a day at Illinois State with me.
This kind of attitude always amuses the shit out of me. Conservatives always hate academics because they're "librul." I prefer to think of them as "educated."

It's funny that Conservatives and educated people tend to think differently. Why is that?
Old 05-24-2007, 12:35 AM   #75
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by martha

Conservatives always hate academics because they're "librul."
Hmm, thats quite a generalization.

Quote:
Originally posted by martha

It's funny that Conservatives and educated people tend to think differently.
Excuse me? You think these people are educated? Far from it, from what I've seen. The profs I've had seem like the most misguided, bitter, wishful-thinking group of adults I've ever seen.

I would question your definition of "educated."