Bush Starts "Second Surge" to Double Number of Troops in Iraq - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2007, 11:34 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2

President Bush has not lied. I assume you're referring to the WMDs that were not found. We have satellite footage of ships carrying them to other countries.
Yes, if this exists, it will take you less than a minute to find the photo's on the net. Please do and give us the link.

Quote:

And in the time leading up to the invasion, which Saddam knew was coming, you dont think he would have moved them?
You do realise that if you believe what you are writing (Saddam moved the WMD's, and there's evidence of him doing so) you're basically telling us that the Bush Admin fucked up in a massive way.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:45 AM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Earnie Shavers

You do realise that if you believe what you are writing (Saddam moved the WMD's, and there's evidence of him doing so) you're basically telling us that the Bush Admin fucked up in a massive way.

Huh? That doesnt make any sense.

I'm referring to the footage Powell showed the UN. I'm not sure if the stuff can even be found on the internet, and I dont want to look for it. Unlike surely every single person here, I proudly listen to Rush Limbaugh and trust what he says, and he has reported such footage existing.

Old 05-23-2007, 02:36 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Diemen

Show us. I want to see satellite footage that shows ships carrying WMDs to other countries. I just don't believe we have it.

Old 05-23-2007, 03:25 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:30 PM
Quote:

I'm referring to the footage Powell showed the UN. I'm not sure if the stuff can even be found on the internet, and I dont want to look for it. Unlike surely every single person here, I proudly listen to Rush Limbaugh and trust what he says, and he has reported such footage existing.
You know that a whole lot of the stuff Powell presented at the UN has been completely discredited since then? Are you posting from 2003???

And yes it makes perfect sense. If Bush went to war to protect the world from Iraqi WMD, and he says he knew where they were, that they were definitely there - and then lets them just disappear off to god knows where, ie the threat still exists but perhaps in a more dangerous way now that there are far more unknowns hanging over them, then it's a fuck up.

If you don't believe there were WMD in Iraq, then you have to believe he fucked up.

If you do believe there were WMD in Iraq, and they've been successfuly moved elsewhere, you have to believe he fucked up.

But then the Rush Limbaugh comment just makes me think you aren't for real, attempting to be an AchtungBono.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:41 AM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Unlike surely every single person here, I proudly listen to Rush Limbaugh and trust what he says, and he has reported such footage existing.
He also reported that volcanoes put more gases into the atmosphere than the entire human race. Along with reporting that there was no evidence proving that nicotine was addictive nor that cigarettes caused emphysema. Oh and that condoms don't protect against AIDS.

Yeah. I'd listen to his program too if I needed a good laugh.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:03 AM   #21
She's the One

Local Time: 10:30 AM
Quote:
I proudly listen to Rush Limbaugh and trust what he says, and he has reported such footage existing.
Was he high when he said that?
Old 05-23-2007, 10:02 AM   #22
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:30 PM
Quote:

Well kid then you completely misunderstood what Powell was trying to do, you somehow forgot that almost 90% of that intelligence was later found to be discredited, and you completely misunderstood what Earnie was saying.

Plus you should never trust 100% any mouthpiece for the left or right.

So right now you're 0 for 4.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:07 AM   #23
War Child

This is very disturbing. I can't believe there's not more outrage among the citizens, and the military ranks themselves.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:38 AM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

The point is, going back to the original topic, is that we need a surge. We need to start fighting this war with everything we've got. The only ways to win this war involve increasing the number of troops.

Oh, wait, Harry Reid said we lost though. I guess he knows what he's talking about.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:45 AM   #25
The Fly

Quote:
The point is, going back to the original topic, is that we need a surge. We need to start fighting this war with everything we've got. The only ways to win this war involve increasing the number of troops.

Whereas you are misinformed about the satellite images, I completely agree with you here.

This is the only chance we have to really finish this war.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:47 AM   #26
War Child

But the problem is, like in Viet Nam, they will never be able to do the things they need to do to win. The US could wipe them out in a couple of days if the got brutal, but they can't because they're worried about what the rest of the world, especially the Arab neighbors, would say. So it's just another stalemate and we're up to losing 7 guys per day. We never should have been there in the first place and the longer this goes, the deeper shit it becomes. Get out now.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:49 AM   #27
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Smallville

This is the only chance we have to really finish this war.
What would have to happen before you would consider it won and over? That our puppet government was in control and everyone in Iraq has a BMW and goes to the mall? The place is torn to pieces and split into factions. Nothing is going to heal that except letting THEM fight it out amongst themselves with no foreign intervention.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:55 AM   #28
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by AnnRKeyintheUSA

What would have to happen before you would consider it won and over? That our puppet government was in control and everyone in Iraq has a BMW and goes to the mall? The place is torn to pieces and split into factions. Nothing is going to heal that except letting THEM fight it out amongst themselves with no foreign intervention.
Nation building takes time. We have to get their military and government up and running and suficient or we've wasted our time there, and every death was in vain.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:06 AM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:30 PM
George Bush is a hypocrite. He evaded the draft, but doesn't seem to mind forcing others to fight his wars.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:10 AM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by AnnRKeyintheUSA
But the problem is, like in Viet Nam, they will never be able to do the things they need to do to win. The US could wipe them out in a couple of days if the got brutal, but they can't because they're worried about what the rest of the world, especially the Arab neighbors, would say. So it's just another stalemate and we're up to losing 7 guys per day. We never should have been there in the first place and the longer this goes, the deeper shit it becomes. Get out now.

Judging by your name, I'm assuming you're just a hater who despises any and all government. The US absolutely should not and does not worry about what other countries think of us. If we did, dont you think we'd leave Iraq considering most of the world wants us to?

Also, the US could not just "wipe them out in a couple of days" like you suggest. What do you propose? Simply killing every man, woman and child? That would not solve anything.

Keep in mind this is not a war against Iraq. This is a war against radical Islam and the nations that knowingly harbor terrorists. If and when Iraq gets stababilized and we can begin to leave, there will most likely be additional conflicts in this war on terror. I heard it put that we are about 2 steps into a million step campaign. We cannot stop now.