'Bush seeking new ways to harm the USA'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Popmartijn

Blue Crack Supplier
Hello,

Please, don't see any Freudian theories in the next news blurb. And don't seek any political plans behind it either. And if you're doubting whether to take this one neutrally or negatively, keep in mind that I meant it to be neutral.

That said (and if you feel that any more statements should be included in the disclaimer, please feel free to add them yourself), here's another Bushism. :lol:

From the Boston Globe: http://www.boston.com/dailynews/218/wash/Bush_misspeaks_says_his_admini:.shtml

WASHINGTON (AP) President Bush offered up a new entry for his catalog of ''Bushisms'' on Thursday, declaring that his administration will ''never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people.''

''Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we,'' Bush said. ''They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.''

No one in Bush's audience of military brass or Pentagon chiefs reacted.

:lmao:

Marty

hahaha you know, it would almost be worth voting for him to have another four years of hilarious Bushisms.

Consider this: one of the criticisms about 9/11 is that the government had not seriously considered the "airplanes as weapons" senario. To prevent new forms of attacks, you must think of the previously unthought of methods.

It called the researching the unknown unknowns.

Good point nbc, but terrible phrasing by Bush.

Also, regarding the unknown unknowns, Rummy said it best :wink:

As we know,

There are known knowns.

There are things we know we know.

We also know

There are known unknowns.

That is to say

We know there are some things

We do not know.

But there are also unknown unknowns,

The ones we don't know

We don't know.

Last edited:
Hey you all have criticized the President for not telling the truth! Well he did today:wink:

Well I'm glad they are thinking outside the box, but why oh why are they still letting this man speak?! Bush should never speak again. He can't do it. The man never ceases to amaze me. It's embarassing.

well...don't quote me on this in the future cuz I have to keep up my repuation of disliking Bush....but we all have moments where our tongues get far ahead of our minds.

I work in public relations ... I know I get tense whenever my clients speak to the press or in public. I cannot imagine how tense Bush's press secretery gets.

JessicaAnn said:
I work in public relations ... I know I get tense whenever my clients speak to the press or in public. I cannot imagine how tense Bush's press secretery gets.

The guy must be on Xanax 24/7. That's the only way I'd be able to do it.

LoveTown said:
well...don't quote me on this in the future cuz I have to keep up my repuation of disliking Bush....but we all have moments where our tongues get far ahead of our minds.

Unfortunately, our illustrious President seems to do this a little tiny bit more often than most.....

Media Bias, Get out of Here!
ra4076828670.jpg

U.S. President George W. Bush (news - web sites) has told a roomful of top Pentagon (news - web sites) brass his administration would never stop looking for ways to harm the United States. Bush is pictured in a July 31 file photo. REUTERS/Mannie Garcia
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/040805/ids_photos_wl/ra4076828670.jpg&e=15&ncid=

A_Wanderer, did you see the "related story" on the link you provided? It's simply the first paragraph from the article. That's what Yahoo does with its news pictures.

Last edited:
They should put Bush and Jessica Simpson on a deserted island and let them stupid each other to death.

JOFO said:
They should put Bush and Jessica Simpson on a deserted island and let them stupid each other to death.

I don't know. :hmm: She maybe able to teach him a thing or two.

What kills me is the little smirk he gets on his face after he's said something (he had it on after this statement we're discussing), as if he's waiting for some kind of praise.

'You done good, son!'

In the interest of balance

"We will double our special forces to conduct terrorist operations." - John Kerry

There are no great leaders left in the world.

Thanks A_Wanderer, that's nice, now the US Citizens can choose if they want a President who "would never stop looking for ways to harm the United States" (and is harbouring terrorists) or a president who "will double our special forces to conduct terrorist operations" :lol:
Poor Americans :wink:

Have any of you seen his performance with the minority journalist conference. Kerry was there Thurs. and performed admirably. Bush came on Friday and freaking embarrassed himself. He is a damn idiot or suffering from ADHD. I want debates that don't provide questions prior to the debate. The man has no fuckin clue.

The asked him about tribal sovergienty(?) vs national sovergeinty(?) and he was so out there. The press actually started laughing and it continued from there. I'm sorry but I want a President that doesn't need everything freakin scripted. See MM 5 minutes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom