Bush says everythings great...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BVS

Blue Crack Supplier
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040705/ap_on_el_pr/bush&cid=694&ncid=716

CHARLESTON, W.Va. - Defending the war in Iraq (news - web sites), President Bush (news - web sites) said on Independence Day that America is safer because Saddam Hussein (news - web sites) is in a prison cell.

"Our immediate task in battle fronts like Iraq and Afghanistan (news - web sites) and elsewhere is to capture or kill the terrorists ... so we do not have to face them here at home," Bush told a cheering crowd outside the West Virginia Capitol. An enthusiastic audience estimated by state capitol police at 6,500 people waving American flags chanted, "Four more years."

. Two Bush opponents, taken out of the crowd in restraints by police, said they were told they couldn't be there because they were wearing shirts that said they opposed the president. Supporters of Bush's presumed opponent in November's election, Sen. John Kerry (news - web sites), attended a picnic across the street from the capitol at state Democratic Party's headquarters.

How true is this? Is the media playing sides, or is Bush really pushing the envelope of power?

Probably both, but my real question is what is Ted Connors doing writing stories again? I thought that bastard was locked up for life.

Why should we be surprised? Political rallys are controlled events, especially when the candidate is speaking.

I attended a Mondale rally back in 1984. Or, I should say, tried to. So did many other students. We were denied access to the area surrounding Mondale as democratic operatives were literally bussed in to create the proper picture. Many who were denied access made noise throughout the speech.

Mondale's poor response to the "hecklers" ended up being the news of the day.

"A picture is worth a thousand words."
Not anymore it is. It's all "eye candy"
most of the time.
And that applies to some demonstrations
as well. Only 12 people showed up!
Oh...no problem. The media just shoots it
in a tight shot to make it appear more
people are there. :)

Back
Top Bottom