Bush Pulls Ahead In National Polls For First Time All Year - LA Times

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll bet these states are going to stay close until Election Day, and then it'll just be a matter of who has the upper hand in the swing states. Ten weeks of details, and then we finally get the election, the first thing of any substance all year. I'm currently cleaning up dead links on my historical site--it's a list of links, and too many dead links is embarrassing. I'll probably go through this routine again. It's fun!

Last edited:
I really don't know why people obsess with polls. Polls question at most a few thousand people, they are often designed to mislead, there are many who don't make up there minds until every piece of "information" is presented(what we call the fence sitters, the defining people), and anything is possible. So many things can happen between now and Nov. It really is useless to try and predict or worry about polls taken now.

A_Wanderer said:
Well I can raise a glass and give a salud in the end whoever wins.

I think that's all we can do. Personally, I will feel uneasy about W winning. I won't lie, I've found myself like many celebrity's who have been quoted in here saying I'll leave this country if he's re-elected, but that was in a heat of rage. I know I won't, for I love this country. But my life will change drastically if he wins. In fact my life will change regardless. Over the past four years I've found myself bitchin a lot about politics and not doing anything about it, except for the small things here and there. In the last few days I've wrestled with the ideas of completely bowing out and just never addressing politics again in my life, be one of those people who just sit back and except what they are given, or embracing it full on and taking serious action. I think I'm leaning towards serious action. I'm not sure exactly what that means...do I run for office...volunteer for a foundation...I just don't know yet. But this election has changed my view of this country so much, and I'm ready to make it the America that I used to believe in.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

I think that's all we can do. Personally, I will feel uneasy about W winning. I won't lie, I've found myself like many celebrity's who have been quoted in here saying I'll leave this country if he's re-elected, but that was in a heat of rage. I know I won't, for I love this country. But my life will change drastically if he wins. In fact my life will change regardless. Over the past four years I've found myself bitchin a lot about politics and not doing anything about it, except for the small things here and there. In the last few days I've wrestled with the ideas of completely bowing out and just never addressing politics again in my life, be one of those people who just sit back and except what they are given, or embracing it full on and taking serious action. I think I'm leaning towards serious action. I'm not sure exactly what that means...do I run for office...volunteer for a foundation...I just don't know yet. But this election has changed my view of this country so much, and I'm ready to make it the America that I used to believe in.

I hope you choose taking serious action BonoVoxSupastar. Doing anything that you believe will better the world is a better choice than doing nothing. :up:

I will be active no matter who wins. It's second nature for me to respond when the government is doing something I really don't like. By the same token I don't believe in letting political affairs make my life unhappy or anything like that. You can't let external circumstances, over which you have no control, control you. Whatever happens, I'll never be in a predicament like the main character of Jean Sasson's "Princess Trilogy" is in. She lives in Saudi Arabia, and even though she's a princess, she has absolutely no rights. She can't drive a car, leave her house without her husband or other close mail relative (and she can't stand her brother, he's an :censored:hole). She has to wear a veil in public, and has to put up with all sorts of unbelievable crud. One review of the books called her life an "air conditioned nightmare". That's not too far off the mark, she's in a situation where it's unbelievably difficult to give a damn, and she does it. She pays a psychological price I, thank God, will never have to pay.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom