"Bush" LOVERS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tackleberry

War Child
I'm Curious.

I want to know why people like President Bush so much. What are your reasons? What is it about him that makes him appealing to some and disgusting to others? What about his character? Do you believe everything he says? Does he have any faults in your opinion?

I read this article in the Village Voice over the weekend, and a Bush supporter stated that Bush has never lied, the abuse of Iraqi prisioners was not true, and that Bill Clinton was basically a dirty liar. So this got me thinking: WHAT DO PRO BUSH PEOPLE LIKE ABOUT....BUSH?

So this discussion is really for all the Bush supporters and maybe some undecided folk. I'm very curious.

The main reason I defend Bush is because he gets picked on so much. It is becoming stereotypical, redundant, and even comical with some of the conspiracy theories. I really don't like the guy that much, I don't believe him, and I don't trust him. I feel that way about all politicians, and it annoys me to see the Democrats defended liket they're perfect and do nothing wrong and everything Bush does is wrong. Why? Is it because you love abortion so much? It has to be it. Kerry hasn't even said he'd stop the war. So basically, I don't even like Bush, I am just sick of seeing him trashed.

I am surronded by supporters.

I believe I know what their answers are.

I think this is a good question.

However, your opening post is a bit loaded.

I would ask that anti- bush members here do not respond or rebut in this thread.

Let the members who support him give their sincere reasons why they do support him.

I support President Bush because he isn't pussyfooting around with terrorists and evil dicators like Saddam Hussein. Terrorists want each and every American DEAD and Bush is going to get THEM before they get US!

People may think that Saddam Hussein had absolutely no connection to terrotist actions, but Saddam Hussein is evil and not at all pro-America. I find it hard to believe that Saddam wanted nothing to do with al-Queda!

Saddam murdered hundreds of thousands of his own people, and even if he may not have weapons of mass destruction now, he certinaly WAS capable of creating them. If a few years down the road Saddam unleashed a WMD on the Western world (which he had the potential to do) many of the same people who critisized the war in Iraq would critisize Bush for not recognizing the threat of Saddam Hussein! Bush took down Saddam before he could take down us!

Saddam Hussein is an evil person and you can not negotiate and compromise with evil! Telling Saddam Hussein to not use Weapons of Mass Destruction and keep his promise that he made to the UN is like a mother telling a bad child to stop misbehaving instead of taking action and MAKING him stop misbehaving. Saddam was getting away with everything he was doing because NO ONE STOPPED HIM. They told him to stop and asked him to stop but no one TOOK ACTION untill BUSH! Bush went in and took Saddam Hussein OUT!

People of Iraq no longer have to worry about being killed by their leader! Bush's plan is to spread democracy throughout the Middle East, BUT this is no overnight project! This will take generations, but Bush has planted the seed and eventually other countries will follow. That is why I think it is crutial to have Bush re-elected!

Well, this will be my first post since joining today. :wink:
I like President Bush because he is a great man. Our history with Iraq has been one promise after another. On their part. Yeah, they'll get rid of their missiles and junk that they say they don't have, and yet, How many yueas ago did we have pic's of them. And they have over and over again given us reasons to go over there and kick their sorry arses. They blow up their own pple for Christ's sake! What other reason do we need to go over there and straighten their country out. However! Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with everything he does. Especially over there, I don't think there's one president we can all say, as Americans that we have liked and who has done EVERYTHING right. For example, after teaching them something of a lesson, (which I know is a very contradicted statement) he is trying to settle them in politics or something, I forget what the word is, but he's trying to help their revolution. They have said, as a people they don't want his help. Just like when we, as Americans didn't want the help of other countries in our revolution...but Bush is not listening. He's trying to make them more independent, which, I THINK is a good thing and needs to be done! But they DON't, and that's one thing I don't like. But, it doesn't look like, right now, that he's done so much for our country in this place of need we are in. BUUUUT!!! He's doin a heck of a better job than anyone else that I can think of that would doo if they were in office. Course, I don't know yet. But my guess is, these pple are makin a whole lot of promises that they won't be able to keeep if they were able to become President. So anyway, suffice it to say, I believe in what Bush is trying to do. But there's a whole lot of stuff that contradicts it, and I think he should have stopped while he was ahead.

BluberryPoptart said:
I feel that way about all politicians, and it annoys me to see the Democrats defended liket they're perfect and do nothing wrong and everything Bush does is wrong. Why? Is it because you love abortion so much? It has to be it. Kerry hasn't even said he'd stop the war. So basically, I don't even like Bush, I am just sick of seeing him trashed.

First of all, I've yet to meet a person who is pro-choice and "loves abortion" -- most people view abortion as something which is never a good thing, but is sometimes the 'lesser of two evils.' Secondly, to claim that abortion is the only reason for people to support the Democratic party is a huge over-simplification. Political life is so multifaceted and complex that it's far less common than you assume for people to support a party based on only a single issue. And finally, the tendency to behave as though your preferred candidate is perfect is one which is common to all political parties. If you think back to Clinton's presidency and the level of sustained attacks against him by Republicans it becomes clear that Republicans are just as capable, indeed some would say more capable, of the sort of mud-slinging you seem to object to.

As far as Bush is concerned I will not say a thing, I will leave this thread to those that support him. But I just wanted to say that this is one of the most intelligent statements I've seen made in here in a long time. I think everyone should be this open minded, non-judgmental and not twist people's view like this person has done. I mean this is what FYM is all about. That's all...

BluberryPoptart said:
Why? Is it because you love abortion so much? It has to be it.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I was going to post, but then the thread went off-topic and then the rebuttals started, so........ :rolleyes:

No one's rebutted Bush, just insensitive comments. Personally I'd like to see more post in here, so I can get a feel of what it really is people do like about the guy.

Abortion the only reason to support the Democrats? No. I won't get into the particulars but no, that's not the only factor for me.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I was going to post, but then the thread went off-topic and then the rebuttals started, so........ :rolleyes:

I have to admit I find it quite ridiculous that people (in general, not you specifically) believe they should be able to make misguided comments (ie you support Kerry because you love abortion) without anyone disagreeing with them. If those who support Bush are confident in their opinions then they shouldn't fear others questioning their views. FYM would be an extremely boring place if we had separate threads for those who support Kerry and those who support Bush and didn't permit any discussion or exchange of views.

Okay, let's get this thread back on track. Tackleberry's original question was a genuine one; let's let people answer it. Everyone here who is anti-Bush has lots of reasons for saying so, but not in this thread.

Any more derailments will be dealt with... :mac:

hmm well I'm not really a Bush supporter.
I can try to find somethign positive about him though. I can certainly understand why peoepl woudl support him. SOme people like his policies, simple as that I guess. Basically same reasons people dont like.

I dont hate Bush, I dont love Bush I dont like most of his conservative politics however in terms of taking a direct stand against terrorism and rogue states I think that he is much better than Clinton.

He is not an egomaniac and like any good leader he is able to surround himself with smart people, to me leading a country and managing a strong team is more important than being an exellent speaker or being a genius. He knows his stuff and he can be ruthless when he needs to be, the whole "average guy" is just a sign of being a good politician.

achtung_zoo said:
I support President Bush because he isn't pussyfooting around with terrorists and evil dicators like Saddam Hussein. Terrorists want each and every American DEAD and Bush is going to get THEM before they get US!

People may think that Saddam Hussein had absolutely no connection to terrotist actions, but Saddam Hussein is evil and not at all pro-America. I find it hard to believe that Saddam wanted nothing to do with al-Queda!

Saddam murdered hundreds of thousands of his own people, and even if he may not have weapons of mass destruction now, he certinaly WAS capable of creating them. If a few years down the road Saddam unleashed a WMD on the Western world (which he had the potential to do) many of the same people who critisized the war in Iraq would critisize Bush for not recognizing the threat of Saddam Hussein! Bush took down Saddam before he could take down us!

Saddam Hussein is an evil person and you can not negotiate and compromise with evil! Telling Saddam Hussein to not use Weapons of Mass Destruction and keep his promise that he made to the UN is like a mother telling a bad child to stop misbehaving instead of taking action and MAKING him stop misbehaving. Saddam was getting away with everything he was doing because NO ONE STOPPED HIM. They told him to stop and asked him to stop but no one TOOK ACTION untill BUSH! Bush went in and took Saddam Hussein OUT!

People of Iraq no longer have to worry about being killed by their leader! Bush's plan is to spread democracy throughout the Middle East, BUT this is no overnight project! This will take generations, but Bush has planted the seed and eventually other countries will follow. That is why I think it is crutial to have Bush re-elected!
EXAAAACTLYY!!!!!!:yes: :up: :up: :up: At least someone around here knows what they're talkin about!!!

My husband says every day, WHY do people hate Bush for what he's done, can't they see he's trying to save the world? I said, some people don't like the way he's done things, and he said, what did he do but go after people who want to kill us? He doesn't think Bush has been nearly hard enough on potential terrorists. No, he's not a churchy type, he looks like a hippy and acts like one too. Maybe because he works at a military installation he sees things in ways most people don't think of. I don't know. But that is a "Bush lover" testimony.

Last edited:
I don't love Bush, but I'm a Republican and at this point in time I see no reason to vote against my party for Kerry. Right now I'm sick of everyone ripping on the other side, so I've turned off the political part of my brain until the debates happen and I can decide based on what the candidates themselves have to say.

There is no magic wand in international affairs: you cannot just make your problems go away so all those who invent a happy-fun magic land where the UN works every time and war is never right should learn the hard way the price of inaction (I thought that Bosnia and Rwanda did that but evidently not), you have to understand that for every action or inaction there will be concequinces, in my own opinion Bush has taken action where the cost of inaction is too great and his decisions should be understood. He is not some sort of simpleton who doesn't realize that war has concequinces, he can see the problems with it but in his mind (as well as many other intelligent and logical people) the cost of "peace" was too high and he had to protect the American People. If the government is unable to protect its people by making the tough decisions and taking the fight abroad and tackling rogue states and terrorists then it has failed, if it cannot protect its citizens then there is no reason for the government to exist.

If I may enquire what would any of you have done differently if you were in Bush's position, would you sit back and leave Saddam there, the sanctions failing, millions dying and wait for the country to collapse and then be invaded by Iran before you took action. Would you say that the only enemy to the US is Al Qaeda and ignore the threat posed by rogue states and make the exact opposite of the mistakes in the 1990's. Would you go through the UN, leave Hans Blix in there for two years and when he comes back empty handed but reports the regime had not been entirely cooperative leave it at that. Nobody here can call Bush an idiot or a bumbling fool because you do not know the man personally and you do not have an understanding of the responsibility to protect 300 million citizens, knowing what he knows about threats, making decisions that will result in death and destruction either way are not done lightly, it takes a strong character to stand up for whats right even when it is unpopular and I have not seen one Bush Basher consider that, they will praise Clinton to the High Heavens but when push comes to shove they just forget that he was on the brink of war in 1998, selective morality and selective blindness is very very annoying - for instance Who Killed More Iraqi Civilians, Bush or Clinton? The Answer is difficult I would personally say that in terms of numbers Clinton did because of the sanctions that were overseen during his presidency that killed well over a million innocents, is that not more criminal than a war of liberation that claims 15,000? How the hell can anybody come in and say that the choices for a president are easy, I may not like what went on in the Clinton years but I sure as hell can understand where he was coming from. Criticize Bush's policies if you want to but please play the issues and not the man, its the least we all deserve.

Spiderman Style "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility" is essentially the same moral argument, please dont simplify the decisions of the President on the basis of an ill informed opinion that seeks easy answers.

Last edited:
Well like Larry, I do feel love is powerful word, so I wouldn't say I love the Pres, or Kerry, or any politician, if I don't really know them. Kerry just seems like he's "reacting" to the times, more than acting. "Bush will do this, I'll do that. "

What are Kerry's original ideas? Plus he does have a dodgy voting record too.

I'm leaning towards Bush, there is a candidate I do want to vote for, no not Nader, but he won't get elected.

Part of it, no pussyfooting. Bush says what his views are, Kerry is kinda dodgy.

I don't like how Kerry referred to the National Guard though. I know the military branches like to joke around with each other, the Navy gets joked about, the Marines joke about the Army, but unless you're currently in the military, and speaking as an active member, where they know that kind of "friendly" banter goes on, you really shouldn't on national television. I know because my sister was in the Army, but before that, I didn't know they joked around with each other.

Bush did give high positions in his cabinet to minorities. Maybe some say he did it, just to pander to minorities, but he did give them those positions. It's not just "Republican propaganda," I've read that many black people do feel the Democratic party patronizes them, isn't really listening to them, while the Republican gives a black woman a high position.

Bush speaks Spanish, he has "hispanic" relatives, so I do feel he's sincere when he appeals to "hispanic" voters, like myself. He's met with the Mexican President, trying to work on the border situation. When Gore started speaking Spanish, it was like, huh? Where'd that come from, if he could speak Spanish, why am I now only hearing it coming from him? I've yet to hear anything from Kerry regarding the fastest growing minority group, and might even be the largest now.

I think people would like Bush more, if he were less vocal about his religious beliefs. Some people don't like him for that, but that person might vote for Kerry? Is Kerry not Catholic? Telling me not one of his ideas, thoughts, actions, might in some way, be affected by those beliefs either? Everyone is swayed in some way, even if it's a tiny bit, by what they believe.

This could work either way, so I can't say it's a reason to vote for Bush over Kerry, but just something to point out.

Last edited:
Bush is decisive and genuine. I know what he stands for.

He is proud to defend America. He is not afraid to take action even if it may hurt his poll numbers. He has not jeopardized American security by relying on the opinion of other nations. I might add that some of the "other nations" may not have wanted to act on Iraq because they were taking bribes in the Oil for Food Program.

He understands that we are fighting an asymetric war against terrorism. While Iraq never had active Al Qaeda camps as those located in Afghanistan we have acheived a strategic goal of giving the terrorists a convenient target. Our troop prescence is drawing clandestine cells into the open in Iraq where our skilled soldiers can egage them in a battlefield setting. This is the war we want to fight rather than waiting for the next civilian airliner to slam into a building on American soil. In September of 2003 Bin Laden released a tape commanding Al Qaeda to attack us in Iraq (the geographic center of the terrorist world). Forgot the WMD argument, I think drawing terrorists into a conventional battlefield may be the true aim of the Iraq mission.

It may take 10-15 years to reap the benefits of stabilizing terror states. We took down Iraq & Afghanistan and now Libya is cooperating by dismantling their weapons programs.

He is promoting thinning of unhealthy and overgrown forests in the U.S.. In this case, the excess trees need to go or the western U.S. will go up in flames. He's not destroying the environment, just allowing common sense to run its course.

He proudly signed the ban on late term abortion. Not shying away from the issue at all.

These are some of the reasons I like Bush. I think he needs to get out more and defend his position, but public speaking was never his forte. I believe his deciveness is. If Bush is not re-elected, he should still be proud of what he accomplished and the nation is better off because he was the 43rd President.

Bush is a fluent speaker of Spanish. I do think his ability to master a foreign language as an adult speaks well for his intellect, no matter how many "dumb" comments he may get. It's very difficult to learn a different language once one passes the age of about fourteen (when many psychologists and linguists agree that the language acquisition "window" closes in the brain--e.g. abused/neglected/abandoned children who do not acquire language before the age of fourteen tend never to learn how to use language, despite average or above-average intelligence).

I believe he learned it because his brother married a Puerto Rican (yes?) woman, although I'm sure it didn't hurt him in his governorship of Texas.

Back
Top Bottom