"Bush" LOVERS - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2004, 10:16 PM   #16
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:08 AM
do i agree with everythign bush does? absolutely not... do is trust him over kerry on the war on terror? absolutely yes... so for marty, noel and noel jr... i vote bush until someone proves to me why i should trust kerry with my life.

Old 07-26-2004, 10:17 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:08 PM
I dont hate Bush, I dont love Bush I dont like most of his conservative politics however in terms of taking a direct stand against terrorism and rogue states I think that he is much better than Clinton.

He is not an egomaniac and like any good leader he is able to surround himself with smart people, to me leading a country and managing a strong team is more important than being an exellent speaker or being a genius. He knows his stuff and he can be ruthless when he needs to be, the whole "average guy" is just a sign of being a good politician.

Old 07-26-2004, 11:28 PM   #18
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer

He is not an egomaniac and like any good leader he is able to surround himself with smart people, to me leading a country and managing a strong team is more important than being an exellent speaker or being a genius.
Old 07-27-2004, 06:26 AM   #19
Refugee

Local Time: 12:08 PM
Yes, Bush does well to surround himself with smart people.

Ant.
Gas smells awful; You might as well live.

Dorothy Parker, 'Resumé'
Old 07-27-2004, 07:10 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I am neither pro-Bush or anti-Bush.

But I think he wants to do the right things.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:36 AM   #21
Babyface

Local Time: 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by achtung_zoo
I support President Bush because he isn't pussyfooting around with terrorists and evil dicators like Saddam Hussein. Terrorists want each and every American DEAD and Bush is going to get THEM before they get US!

People may think that Saddam Hussein had absolutely no connection to terrotist actions, but Saddam Hussein is evil and not at all pro-America. I find it hard to believe that Saddam wanted nothing to do with al-Queda!

Saddam murdered hundreds of thousands of his own people, and even if he may not have weapons of mass destruction now, he certinaly WAS capable of creating them. If a few years down the road Saddam unleashed a WMD on the Western world (which he had the potential to do) many of the same people who critisized the war in Iraq would critisize Bush for not recognizing the threat of Saddam Hussein! Bush took down Saddam before he could take down us!

Saddam Hussein is an evil person and you can not negotiate and compromise with evil! Telling Saddam Hussein to not use Weapons of Mass Destruction and keep his promise that he made to the UN is like a mother telling a bad child to stop misbehaving instead of taking action and MAKING him stop misbehaving. Saddam was getting away with everything he was doing because NO ONE STOPPED HIM. They told him to stop and asked him to stop but no one TOOK ACTION untill BUSH! Bush went in and took Saddam Hussein OUT!

People of Iraq no longer have to worry about being killed by their leader! Bush's plan is to spread democracy throughout the Middle East, BUT this is no overnight project! This will take generations, but Bush has planted the seed and eventually other countries will follow. That is why I think it is crutial to have Bush re-elected!
EXAAAACTLYY!!!!!! At least someone around here knows what they're talkin about!!!
Old 07-27-2004, 12:23 PM   #22
Acrobat

My husband says every day, WHY do people hate Bush for what he's done, can't they see he's trying to save the world? I said, some people don't like the way he's done things, and he said, what did he do but go after people who want to kill us? He doesn't think Bush has been nearly hard enough on potential terrorists. No, he's not a churchy type, he looks like a hippy and acts like one too. Maybe because he works at a military installation he sees things in ways most people don't think of. I don't know. But that is a "Bush lover" testimony.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:35 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

I don't love Bush, but I'm a Republican and at this point in time I see no reason to vote against my party for Kerry. Right now I'm sick of everyone ripping on the other side, so I've turned off the political part of my brain until the debates happen and I can decide based on what the candidates themselves have to say.
Old 07-27-2004, 06:15 PM   #24
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by AcrobatMan
I am neither pro-Bush or anti-Bush.

But I think he wants to do the right things.
I'm absolutely sure that he WANTS to do the right things but i'm sometimes affraid he simply isn't smart enough to evaluate what are the right things.
Old 07-28-2004, 01:48 AM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

There is no magic wand in international affairs: you cannot just make your problems go away so all those who invent a happy-fun magic land where the UN works every time and war is never right should learn the hard way the price of inaction (I thought that Bosnia and Rwanda did that but evidently not), you have to understand that for every action or inaction there will be concequinces, in my own opinion Bush has taken action where the cost of inaction is too great and his decisions should be understood. He is not some sort of simpleton who doesn't realize that war has concequinces, he can see the problems with it but in his mind (as well as many other intelligent and logical people) the cost of "peace" was too high and he had to protect the American People. If the government is unable to protect its people by making the tough decisions and taking the fight abroad and tackling rogue states and terrorists then it has failed, if it cannot protect its citizens then there is no reason for the government to exist.

If I may enquire what would any of you have done differently if you were in Bush's position, would you sit back and leave Saddam there, the sanctions failing, millions dying and wait for the country to collapse and then be invaded by Iran before you took action. Would you say that the only enemy to the US is Al Qaeda and ignore the threat posed by rogue states and make the exact opposite of the mistakes in the 1990's. Would you go through the UN, leave Hans Blix in there for two years and when he comes back empty handed but reports the regime had not been entirely cooperative leave it at that. Nobody here can call Bush an idiot or a bumbling fool because you do not know the man personally and you do not have an understanding of the responsibility to protect 300 million citizens, knowing what he knows about threats, making decisions that will result in death and destruction either way are not done lightly, it takes a strong character to stand up for whats right even when it is unpopular and I have not seen one Bush Basher consider that, they will praise Clinton to the High Heavens but when push comes to shove they just forget that he was on the brink of war in 1998, selective morality and selective blindness is very very annoying - for instance Who Killed More Iraqi Civilians, Bush or Clinton? The Answer is difficult I would personally say that in terms of numbers Clinton did because of the sanctions that were overseen during his presidency that killed well over a million innocents, is that not more criminal than a war of liberation that claims 15,000? How the hell can anybody come in and say that the choices for a president are easy, I may not like what went on in the Clinton years but I sure as hell can understand where he was coming from. Criticize Bush's policies if you want to but please play the issues and not the man, its the least we all deserve.

Spiderman Style "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility" is essentially the same moral argument, please dont simplify the decisions of the President on the basis of an ill informed opinion that seeks easy answers.
Old 07-28-2004, 04:03 AM   #26
Refugee

Local Time: 04:08 AM
Well like Larry, I do feel love is powerful word, so I wouldn't say I love the Pres, or Kerry, or any politician, if I don't really know them. Kerry just seems like he's "reacting" to the times, more than acting. "Bush will do this, I'll do that. "

What are Kerry's original ideas? Plus he does have a dodgy voting record too.

I'm leaning towards Bush, there is a candidate I do want to vote for, no not Nader, but he won't get elected.

Part of it, no pussyfooting. Bush says what his views are, Kerry is kinda dodgy.

I don't like how Kerry referred to the National Guard though. I know the military branches like to joke around with each other, the Navy gets joked about, the Marines joke about the Army, but unless you're currently in the military, and speaking as an active member, where they know that kind of "friendly" banter goes on, you really shouldn't on national television. I know because my sister was in the Army, but before that, I didn't know they joked around with each other.

Bush did give high positions in his cabinet to minorities. Maybe some say he did it, just to pander to minorities, but he did give them those positions. It's not just "Republican propaganda," I've read that many black people do feel the Democratic party patronizes them, isn't really listening to them, while the Republican gives a black woman a high position.

Bush speaks Spanish, he has "hispanic" relatives, so I do feel he's sincere when he appeals to "hispanic" voters, like myself. He's met with the Mexican President, trying to work on the border situation. When Gore started speaking Spanish, it was like, huh? Where'd that come from, if he could speak Spanish, why am I now only hearing it coming from him? I've yet to hear anything from Kerry regarding the fastest growing minority group, and might even be the largest now.

I think people would like Bush more, if he were less vocal about his religious beliefs. Some people don't like him for that, but that person might vote for Kerry? Is Kerry not Catholic? Telling me not one of his ideas, thoughts, actions, might in some way, be affected by those beliefs either? Everyone is swayed in some way, even if it's a tiny bit, by what they believe.

This could work either way, so I can't say it's a reason to vote for Bush over Kerry, but just something to point out.
Old 07-28-2004, 04:55 AM   #27
you are what you is

Local Time: 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by thrillme
Bush speaks Spanish
I didn't know that
but at least it explains why I can hardly understand him
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 07-28-2004, 05:23 AM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Bush is decisive and genuine. I know what he stands for.

He is proud to defend America. He is not afraid to take action even if it may hurt his poll numbers. He has not jeopardized American security by relying on the opinion of other nations. I might add that some of the "other nations" may not have wanted to act on Iraq because they were taking bribes in the Oil for Food Program.

He understands that we are fighting an asymetric war against terrorism. While Iraq never had active Al Qaeda camps as those located in Afghanistan we have acheived a strategic goal of giving the terrorists a convenient target. Our troop prescence is drawing clandestine cells into the open in Iraq where our skilled soldiers can egage them in a battlefield setting. This is the war we want to fight rather than waiting for the next civilian airliner to slam into a building on American soil. In September of 2003 Bin Laden released a tape commanding Al Qaeda to attack us in Iraq (the geographic center of the terrorist world). Forgot the WMD argument, I think drawing terrorists into a conventional battlefield may be the true aim of the Iraq mission.

It may take 10-15 years to reap the benefits of stabilizing terror states. We took down Iraq & Afghanistan and now Libya is cooperating by dismantling their weapons programs.

He is promoting thinning of unhealthy and overgrown forests in the U.S.. In this case, the excess trees need to go or the western U.S. will go up in flames. He's not destroying the environment, just allowing common sense to run its course.

He proudly signed the ban on late term abortion. Not shying away from the issue at all.

These are some of the reasons I like Bush. I think he needs to get out more and defend his position, but public speaking was never his forte. I believe his deciveness is. If Bush is not re-elected, he should still be proud of what he accomplished and the nation is better off because he was the 43rd President.
Old 07-28-2004, 05:39 AM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

Very nice arguments Oregoropa, I hope that you can post more on FYM,
Old 07-28-2004, 08:30 AM   #30
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:08 AM
Bush is a fluent speaker of Spanish. I do think his ability to master a foreign language as an adult speaks well for his intellect, no matter how many "dumb" comments he may get. It's very difficult to learn a different language once one passes the age of about fourteen (when many psychologists and linguists agree that the language acquisition "window" closes in the brain--e.g. abused/neglected/abandoned children who do not acquire language before the age of fourteen tend never to learn how to use language, despite average or above-average intelligence).

I believe he learned it because his brother married a Puerto Rican (yes?) woman, although I'm sure it didn't hurt him in his governorship of Texas.

Join Amnesty.