Bush Job approval rating now at 44%

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
STING2 said:

The definition of a liberal is a topic for another thread.

but you toss it around so, well, liberally, like a slur, that it really needs some sort of definition for many of your arguments to have any meaning and context.

preciousstone said:
I don't believe the media, I can't say they are biased but I know they don't always report the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
Look it up. That's what bias is.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/biased

bi·ased (bs) Pronunciation Key
n.

A preference or an inclination, especially one that inhibits impartial judgment.

Irvine511 said:
did you mean this ironically? did you want to give us all an example of the pot calling the kettle black? of the "it takes one to know one" playground comeback?

i mean, honestly.
Very plainly, it means NO ARGUMENT was even given to justify the attack.

Did anyone mention gas prices in this thread?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/2006092...dAZKAXZa7gF;_ylu=X3oDMTA3MXN1bHE0BHNlYwN0bWE-

"A USA Today/Gallup poll last week found that 42 percent of the roughly 1,000 adults surveyed across the United States believed President George W. Bush's administration had "deliberately manipulated the price of gasoline so that it would decrease before this falls elections."..

...Manipulated or not, many observers agree that the falling prices at the gas pump have lifted Bush's sagging poll numbers.

"It pumps up presidential popularity," said Larry Sabato, a political analyst at the University of Virginia.

And while many experts believe that the recent rebound enjoyed by Bush in the polls is a result of a new thrust on security, others say it is mostly about the newly discounted gas.

"I see a near-perfect correlation between Bush's rise in the polls and the decline in gas prices," Sabato said.

"I think for most people it's a lot more important than the global war on terror," he said. "People tank up twice a week. They feel it in their pocket book," he said."

MrsSpringsteen said:
Did anyone mention gas prices in this thread?

That was me in the al Qaeda nuclear threat thread the other day.

Now I'll wait for STING to try to convince us that one really has nothing to do with the other. :lol:

Bluer White said:
What has George W. Bush done lately to bring down the price of oil?

look like his poll numbers could flip the congress

the collective consciousness of big oil does not want a congress that will investigate price fixing

windfall taxes on obscene profiteering

regulation to protect the environment

and sadly there are enough stupid voters

that will say "hey things are going the right direction, gas went down from $3.50 to $2.50

And then after the election they will bend over and assume the position

Or....maybe it's just seasonal price softness. Between Labor Day and the cold season beginning in mid-November. Happens most every year when Katrina-type disasters don't occur.

Or....maybe the traders in New York, Chicago, London, Shanghai, and every major trading center around the world are entirely fixated on seeing American Republicans re-elected to Congress. Hmmm...I wonder if the traders in foreign lands care very much about American Republicans.

Bluer White said:
Or....maybe it's just seasonal price softness. Between Labor Day and the cold season beginning in mid-November. Happens most every year when Katrina-type disasters don't occur.

Or....maybe the traders in New York, Chicago, London, Shanghai, and every major trading center around the world are entirely fixated on seeing American Republicans re-elected to Congress. Hmmm...I wonder if the traders in foreign lands care very much about American Republicans.

I was referring to gasoline prices
that is what voters care about

look it up

I just did

the high American gasoline prices have not been justified
it has been price gauging resulting in the record - breaking profits

there are some seasonal changes but not this drastic and this fast

you don't believe the oil companies are concerned about a Democratic congress?

the GOP has been doing their bidding

deep said:

I was referring to gasoline prices
that is what voters care about

look it up

I just did

the high American gasoline prices have not been justified
it has been price gauging resulting in the record - breaking profits

there are some seasonal changes but not this drastic and this fast

you don't believe the oil companies are concerned about a Democratic congress?

the GOP has been doing their bidding

Half of the post summer drops in Gasoline prices over the past 10 years have equaled the current drop. Oh, and its not a conspiracy either that elections are in November rather than August or that 9/11 will always be two months prior to the November elections, although no doubt there are Dems out there that will try to spin something.

STING2 said:
Half of the post summer drops in Gasoline prices over the past 10 years have equaled the current drop.

Exactly, because every 2 years there are elections in November.

Thanks for the precise math.

The Newsweek poll released yesterday showing Bush’s approval at a record-low 33 percent.

Here are some of the other highlights:

– 52 percent of Americans believe the Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert covered up Mark Foley’s actions

– For the first time ever in a Newsweek poll, a majority of Americans (58 percent) now believe the Bush administration knowingly misled the American people in building its case for war against Saddam Hussein

– 53 percent believe it was a mistake to go to war at all, the first time the Newsweek poll has registered a majority in that camp.

– Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld’s approval rating has fallen to just 30 percent, and more Americans believe he should resign than remain, 48 percent vs. 37 percent

Back
Top Bottom