Bush Helps Texas Quick...Wonder why!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
edgeboy said:
Dreadsox: cut the negative bullshit.:|

I feel threatened.:madspit:

Seriously now....You do not see the humor in ME starting this post after defending the President for the entire month?

:huh:

Last edited:
:| Does he visit texas today ? To help with the sandbags or to walk in the way of the emergency workers ?

verte76 said:
I have family in Texas, so I hope everyone is OK.

I live in texas, so I hope i'm ok.

i hope your family is too though, verte

One reason why Bush would help Texas is that Texas has the bulk of the Katrina people.

What other state stood up and took in tens of thousands of new people to tax their job markets and their social service agencies?

None. :eyebrow:

So please don't make light of the challenges that Texas faces - we're facing a lot right now.

We could ALL use your good thoughts and prayers right now - not your quips.

I hope we all get through Rita and the aftermath of Katrina alright here in Texas. :up:

Bush woulda helped La sooner if the stupid governor woulda given up her pride and allowed the National Guard to take over anyway:| Cannot say he didn't try there.

Go Bush:up:

Believe me Jamilla, my prayers are with the people who need them.

My sense of humor has more to do with the forum, than with Texas.

:heart:

Well, I live in Texas too, and I still thought starting this thread was pretty funny. :lol:

I hope everything will be ok. Just going to take it day by day.

U2democrat said:
:giggle:

I was wondering who would do this first. That took guts, dread :wink:

B.S.! There's no way his detractors would let him win on this one.... if he DIDN'T respond quicker than the FED GOVT did 2 Katrina, U'd b all over him 4 that.... since he HAS, U're all over him 'cuz it's TX.... get over Urselves.

ramblin rose said:
Well, I live in Texas too, and I still thought starting this thread was pretty funny. :lol:

I hope everything will be ok. Just going to take it day by day.

Thank you for giving me the benefit of the doubt....it most definitely was meant to be humorous.

The Disciple said:

B.S.! There's no way his detractors would let him win on this one.... if he DIDN'T respond quicker than the FED GOVT did 2 Katrina, U'd b all over him 4 that.... since he HAS, U're all over him 'cuz it's TX.... get over Urselves.

Ummmmm.......Have you read the Katrina thread......I do not think I was all over Bush....:wink:

Neither was my freind u2Dem!:mad:

well it's clear as day to me that God is punishing the Red States for not legalizing gay marriage.

it's in Revelations, people!!!!

;)

MrsSpringsteen said:
Don't you get it dreadsox, FYM is supposed to be utterly humorless

I hereby declare it a humor free zone

it does go both ways.

i try to be funny, sometimes, and i get invective from the Right.

i'm very funny in real life, i promise!

Irvine511 said:

i'm very funny in real life, i promise!

I try to be, it's usually lost on most people I guess..

Things could always use some lightening up and silliness here, the world is tough enough to take and deal with right now w/ out getting all bent out of shape over something on here. Yes I like this forum because frankly I find it more interesting than the other areas, and lo and behold people actually seem to show interest in what I have to say and contribute here in FYM.

I prefer to do my fuming about this place privately or kick/punch something :D

The Disciple said:

Wow, you missed it by a mile.

Bush Helps Texas Quick...Wonder why!!!

no wonder here look at each States' motto

"Don't Mess With Texas" :up:

"Union, justice, and confidence"

I blame the people of Louisiana for having a convoluted motto:huh:

Irvine511 said:
well it's clear as day to me that God is punishing the Red States for not legalizing gay marriage.

it's in Revelations, people!!!!

;)

This made me laugh!!!!!!

Dread, it's kind of intriguing that you posted this thread. My wife and I were watching a pre-Rita news update around the same time you were posting this. She made the observation, which kind of ties in with The Disciple's comments below, that "If Bush doesn't respond promptly, then people will be all over him for not responding again, and if he does respond more promptly, then people will say he only did so because it's Texas."

The Disciple said:

I think if you had not posted this thread, we may have seen some (but not much) of that around here. You may have pre-empted it.

~U2Alabama

Back
Top Bottom