Bush Helps Texas Quick...Wonder why!!! - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-24-2005, 07:54 AM   #31
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Bama
Dread, it's kind of intriguing that you posted this thread. My wife and I were watching a pre-Rita news update around the same time you were posting this. She made the observation, which kind of ties in with The Disciple's comments below, that "If Bush doesn't respond promptly, then people will be all over him for not responding again, and if he does respond more promptly, then people will say he only did so because it's Texas."



I think if you had not posted this thread, we may have seen some (but not much) of that around here. You may have pre-empted it.

~U2Alabama
Tihs thread was spawned from a similar conversation between my wife and I.
__________________

__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 09-24-2005, 08:07 AM   #32
Jesus Online
 
Angela Harlem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: a glass castle
Posts: 30,163
Local Time: 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Disciple


B.S.! There's no way his detractors would let him win on this one.... if he DIDN'T respond quicker than the FED GOVT did 2 Katrina, U'd b all over him 4 that.... since he HAS, U're all over him 'cuz it's TX.... get over Urselves.
I need lesson in, and seriously demand from now on every reply in this forum be written in this quaint little cyber phone text messaging format. I love it. It makes reading a rather ordinary everyday comment a real challenge, and I commend youse all who do it!



PS I truly dont know what was said in this reply. Can someone decipher?
__________________

__________________
<a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/angelaharlem/thPaul_Roos28.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...aul_Roos28.jpg</a>
Angela Harlem is offline  
Old 09-24-2005, 08:11 AM   #33
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem


I need lesson in, and seriously demand from now on every reply in this forum be written in this quaint little cyber phone text messaging format. I love it. It makes reading a rather ordinary everyday comment a real challenge, and I commend youse all who do it!



PS I truly dont know what was said in this reply. Can someone decipher?
It says ...ohhh that Angela....she is one hottie.
__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 09-24-2005, 08:19 AM   #34
Jesus Online
 
Angela Harlem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: a glass castle
Posts: 30,163
Local Time: 10:44 PM
4 real, cuz im like so haaaaaaawt!


__________________
<a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/angelaharlem/thPaul_Roos28.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...aul_Roos28.jpg</a>
Angela Harlem is offline  
Old 09-24-2005, 10:27 AM   #35
Blue Crack Addict
 
verte76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: hoping for changes
Posts: 23,331
Local Time: 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Disciple


B.S.! There's no way his detractors would let him win on this one.... if he DIDN'T respond quicker than the FED GOVT did 2 Katrina, U'd b all over him 4 that.... since he HAS, U're all over him 'cuz it's TX.... get over Urselves.
That's right........and the starter of the thread realizes this.
__________________
verte76 is offline  
Old 09-24-2005, 11:02 AM   #36
Refugee
 
XHendrix24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,496
Local Time: 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Bama
I think if you had not posted this thread, we may have seen some (but not much) of that around here. You may have pre-empted it.

~U2Alabama
Ah yes.

Because you know how much those Bushies love pre-emptive strikes.

__________________
XHendrix24 is offline  
Old 09-24-2005, 01:54 PM   #37
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 03:44 AM
ok

here is some "raw meat"

for partisan infighting


i did not need "katrina"

to conclude the "W" is one of the worst presidents in history

unqualified cronie appointments have been rampant throughout his tenure

that anyone thinks he is doing a marginal competent job is puzzling to me


I know quite a few influential GOP major players
that are just waiting for him to term out.

But, if you want a comparison of his action or inaction to Katrina

look at how the administration
was there for Florida when they got hit by the hurricanes before the 2004 election.

there was no major outcry of Feds failing Florida,

but then Florida mattered - it was in play in the election,
and GB1 is believed to have lost FL in 92 because of his poor response to a hurricane

Rove and company are there when there is a payoff for them.


George Bush doesn't care about Black people

unless there is a payoff

influential Black Minister's in Ohio got "Faith Based Money"
to impact contested Ohio election to W column

Armstrong Williams got payola for propaganda.
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 09-24-2005, 04:28 PM   #38
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 06:44 AM
Did someone say something?


__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 09-24-2005, 06:14 PM   #39
Refugee
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,435
Local Time: 11:44 AM
ROFL Dread...

I thought the Mrs. had spiked your coffee. Or WHAT are you on anyway? I'd like some.... Please tell me yr secret in Oct...

PS. I have had a crazy schedule and haven't been online in a few days. Haven't checked my mail either. I'll do it Monday..I need to have my questions about the GA answered....(how late it's possible to get there to get a decent spot...I don't care about being inside the ellipse....I wasn't inside in '01....)
__________________
Teta040 is offline  
Old 09-24-2005, 08:49 PM   #40
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,483
Local Time: 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep
ok

here is some "raw meat"

for partisan infighting


i did not need "katrina"

to conclude the "W" is one of the worst presidents in history

unqualified cronie appointments have been rampant throughout his tenure

that anyone thinks he is doing a marginal competent job is puzzling to me


I know quite a few influential GOP major players
that are just waiting for him to term out.

But, if you want a comparison of his action or inaction to Katrina

look at how the administration
was there for Florida when they got hit by the hurricanes before the 2004 election.

there was no major outcry of Feds failing Florida,

but then Florida mattered - it was in play in the election,
and GB1 is believed to have lost FL in 92 because of his poor response to a hurricane

Rove and company are there when there is a payoff for them.


George Bush doesn't care about Black people

unless there is a payoff

influential Black Minister's in Ohio got "Faith Based Money"
to impact contested Ohio election to W column

Armstrong Williams got payola for propaganda.


i wish i could disagree with even a word of this ... but i can't.

spot on.

it is amazing how polarized we are; what is thuddingly obvious to some of us is seen as hot air to others. no judgements, just an observation.

i mean, honestly, every word you wrote i was all, "yes, of course, yes, mm-hmm, yes, yup, exactly, yes, of course, duh, everyone knows this ..."
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 09-24-2005, 11:37 PM   #41
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 06:44 AM
I am amazed that this thread is taking the usual turn...

Clearly I must be a totaly unintelligent person to see the "thuddingly obvious"....


Oh Irvine...

Can't we just make a point without sounding so .... oh I do not know.....
__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 09-25-2005, 11:54 AM   #42
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,483
Local Time: 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
I am amazed that this thread is taking the usual turn...

Clearly I must be a totaly unintelligent person to see the "thuddingly obvious"....


Oh Irvine...

Can't we just make a point without sounding so .... oh I do not know.....


this gets to the heart of what i was saying.

i said what seems thuddingly obvious to some seems like hot air to others. it goes in both directions. i keep looking at your posts about the mayor and the governor of NOLA and it's all, "same old same old ... excuse bush at every opportunity."

however, as i also said, it's an observation, not a judgement. what seems thuddingly obvious to you might seem like a bunch of hot air to me.

thus, we get at a truth about this president: he's tremendously polarizing, capable of creating alternate realities for different kinds of people.

but if you can only reply to the "tone" of my comments, instead of the comments themselves, i suppose i must be doing something wrong.

however, in my view, what it sounds like, to me, is that the Bush defenders are grasping at staws after *another* colossal failure of this government.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 09-25-2005, 02:46 PM   #43
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

however, in my view, what it sounds like, to me, is that the Bush defenders are grasping at staws after *another* colossal failure of this government.
Deeps post had NOTHING to do with Katrina.

And the point I have made since day one of this in the forum is summed up by the quote in my signature.

The comment above absolutely is insulting to anyone who believes that the failures were systematic. The comment above is insulting because I have not been grasping at straws, but linking to the Red Cross, linking to the LA laws and making the point that the failures that took place were not the Federal Gov'ts alone.
__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 09-25-2005, 02:55 PM   #44
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 06:44 AM
Katrina Timeline...

http://factcheck.org/article348.html
__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 09-25-2005, 05:03 PM   #45
Babyface
 
SteveDizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 17
Local Time: 11:44 AM
Re: Bush Helps Texas Quick...Wonder why!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
I figured I woulod get the jump on this one.
Wow thats funny. You should try stand up.

Enough with the bashing of Bush. You people make yourselves sound so stupid. Do you think because you can identify someones imperfections or ways of doing things that are different from what you would do, your a better person? Why dont we watch every move of yours and then make forums dedicated to how much better we are than you.

You are ones who elected him. Hes in office for another 2 1/2 years. If you dont like it, dont vote for him. If you did vote for him, obviously you have the minority opinion.
__________________

__________________
SteveDizzle is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com