Bush Haters - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2004, 01:33 PM   #1
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:01 AM
Bush Haters

Ohio resident Bob Stewart says of President Bush: "He's been a world-class polarizer. I don't know if I can stomach four more years with him as president. He misled us into the war in Iraq and has mismanaged everything since." ... "[Bush is] supposed to be a conservative and yet he's run up the biggest federal deficit in history. One thing that really turned me (away from Bush) as a lifelong Catholic ... was to see Bush go to the Vatican and try to get the pope to come down hard on Kerry for his stand on abortion. That is absolutely appalling."

Stewart, 44, an insurance agent from Anderson Township near Cincinnati, voted for Bush in 2000 and is a registered Republican.

------------------------------------

In Michigan, Dan Martin has run for local office as a Republican. He says his biggest disappointment is that Bush's reputation as a "compassionate, conservative" governor of Texas hasn't proven true in the White House. "The foreign policy is a mess. The offensive in Iraq is reckless and built on bad decision making. On the domestic front I understand that terrorism has struck and he's occupied but any real progress on a domestic agenda has ground to a halt."

-----------------------------------

In Tennessee, Brian Boland, a young music company manager shopping at a market near Nashville, said: "I've always voted Republican and my folks will just kill me if they find out I'm switching to Kerry this year ... but I am just frustrated with the way Bush has mishandled everything. All the untruths."

----------------------------------

...Ron King, a black Vietnam Veteran, said: "I always voted Republican before but I'm against Bush ever since I found out that he doesn't love this country. His so-called military record is a sham. And the worst part is that he lies so much. He lied about weapons of mass destruction."

---------------------------------

Lloyd Huff, 64, retired director of the Dayton Research Institute in Ohio, says he has "voted for a Republican in every presidential election I can remember" but it will be Kerry this time because "the Bush administration has been the most deceitful, duplicitous, secretive administration this country has ever had."
"Going to war in Iraq was a horrible, horrible mistake," he said. He accused Bush of "an arrogant, swaggering cowboy mentality ... he has done more than anyone to inflame the Muslim world by his words and actions,"

------------------------------------

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp..._crossovers_dc

*link edited

Old 07-31-2004, 02:29 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:01 AM
I don't hate Bush, I simply do not agree with him on the issues. I don't love Kerry, but he's closer to what I believe, so I'm voting for him. I don't want to vote for Nader, even though I like his ideas. At this point I'm not sure what I think of him as a person. I have very strong feelings about civility in politics, and I think he's too damned rude. I won't vote for rude politicians, I don't care if they are liberals.

Old 07-31-2004, 02:32 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:01 AM
I detest Bush. I thought his old man was bad, but Dubya has got to be the worst
president in US history.
It baffles me as to how anyone, in their
right mind, would ever consider voting
for him again.
Old 07-31-2004, 03:05 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:01 AM
I love the finger pointing that Bush is the divider. The Bush haters seem to do an awful nice job on their own.
Old 07-31-2004, 03:12 PM   #5
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 04:01 AM
NB, the fact that Bush "haters" seem divisive in no way excuses the fact that Bush is divisive.
Old 07-31-2004, 03:21 PM   #6
Refugee

Local Time: 06:01 AM
I've tried so very hard to be as open minded as possible during this whole campaign. However I find my patience are running short for people who feel it's their duty to state their pro bush feelings every time somebody says they don't like him. It's my right to dislike him and all that he stands for so please, I beg you, leave me alone and let me have my opinions.
Old 07-31-2004, 03:28 PM   #7
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:01 AM
I don't *hate* Bush. Honestly, I believe he's probably a not-bad guy who I wouldn't mind having a beer or tossing a football with on the ranch in Crawford. I think, however, that he is too easily led by people who don't have America's best interest at heart, that he is too beholden both financially and politically to people I *really* don't like, and that his personal beliefs do not necessarily jive with what is best for the country--and that he is ruled by them far too closely.

Join Amnesty.
Old 07-31-2004, 04:00 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

My sentiments exactly pax. I don't hate Bush, and I'd probably like him personally if I knew him. But I can't agree with his agenda. It's just not what I think is best for our country. I feel this way because I love my country, not because I hate anyone. I just got some news that shocks me. Four years ago my sister voted for Ralph Nader. I wasn't sure what she thought of Kerry until my mother just told me that she is voting for Kerry this year. I almost fell out of my chair. It turns out that she and her boyfriend really dislike Bush.
Old 07-31-2004, 05:17 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Diemen
NB, the fact that Bush "haters" seem divisive in no way excuses the fact that Bush is divisive.
It all boils down to name calling and finger pointing. If you don't do it my way, you are divisive.
Old 07-31-2004, 06:11 PM   #10
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader

It all boils down to name calling and finger pointing. If you don't do it my way, you are divisive.
Would you agree that it goes both ways?
Old 07-31-2004, 06:25 PM   #11
War Child

You want a real Bush hater, I was at a birthday party for an elderly great aunt, and one of the old ladies said she hoped the terrorists would cut his head off on the internet with a rusty old saw and she wanted to watch.
Old 07-31-2004, 06:43 PM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by pub crawler

Would you agree that it goes both ways?
Yes
Old 07-31-2004, 06:55 PM   #13
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
Yes, just like 'ending gridlock' means 'you are only allowed to think and vote the same as me' and if you try to speak another viewpoint, you are causing gridlock

I'd rather have 'gridlock' than a congress where everyone agreed and only voted one way, wouldn't you? Gridlock means things are being debated, all sides are being give a chance and our democracy is at work. When 'gridlock' ends, so will freedom.
Old 07-31-2004, 07:15 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LoveTown
I've tried so very hard to be as open minded as possible during this whole campaign. However I find my patience are running short for people who feel it's their duty to state their pro bush feelings every time somebody says they don't like him. It's my right to dislike him and all that he stands for so please, I beg you, leave me alone and let me have my opinions.

Bravo!
The pro Bush sentiment is not going to change my mind either.
I just do not like the guy and everything
he stands for.
Uh oh....guess that makes me
"un-patrotic" and " un-American" now?
Old 07-31-2004, 07:18 PM   #15
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by RockNRollDawgie

Bravo!
The pro Bush sentiment is not going to change my mind either.
I just do not like the guy and everything
he stands for.
Replace "Bush" with "Kerry" and you have my sentiments exactly. Uh oh, I guess to you guys that makes me:

a)not in my right mind

b)brainwashed by religion

c)stupid

d)all of the above

got any more?