Bush Haters - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2004, 08:10 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BluberryPoptart
You want a real Bush hater, I was at a birthday party for an elderly great aunt, and one of the old ladies said she hoped the terrorists would cut his head off on the internet with a rusty old saw and she wanted to watch.
...yeow.

See, yeah, I definitely wouldn't go that far. Bush supporting that amendment really bothered me, so I would admit that I do dislike him some as a result of that...but I don't know if I'd say I downright hate him. As I said once before, there's very few people in this world that I actually hate.

Angela

Old 07-31-2004, 08:14 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:46 AM
Quote:
You want a real Bush hater, I was at a birthday party for an elderly great aunt, and one of the old ladies said she hoped the terrorists would cut his head off on the internet with a rusty old saw and she wanted to watch.
Oh my goodness. I think this is excessive, and I'm even a Kerry supporter! This is not at all personal with me. I don't hate Bush; I simply don't agree with Bush's agenda. But, no worries. I live in what is probably the most Republican state in the country, Alabama, and my vote for Kerry most likely won't count in the Electoral College.

Old 07-31-2004, 08:33 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:46 AM
Quote:

Replace "Bush" with "Kerry" and you have my sentiments exactly. Uh oh, I guess to you guys that makes me:

a)not in my right mind

b)brainwashed by religion

c)stupid

d)all of the above

got any more?
e. millionaire

f. stockholder in Halliburton

g. stockholder in an oil company

h. relative of Bush family

Old 07-31-2004, 08:56 PM   #19
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by RockNRollDawgie

e. millionaire

f. stockholder in Halliburton

g. stockholder in an oil company

h. relative of Bush family

x. flat broke, lives in a beat up trailer and makes bareley more than minimum wage
Old 07-31-2004, 09:55 PM   #20
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:46 AM
Ron Reagan in the July 29 edition of Esquire has written, in my opinion, a brilliant critique of the Bush administration that touches on the fact that the term "Bush Hater" is a convenient fabrication of the right wing.

Here's the relevant excerpt:

None of this [deceitful behavior practiced by the Bush Administration], needless to say, guarantees Bush a one-term presidency. The far-right wing of the country—nearly one third of us by some estimates—continues to regard all who refuse to drink the Kool-Aid (liberals, rationalists, Europeans, et cetera) as agents of Satan. Bush could show up on video canoodling with Paris Hilton and still bank their vote. Right-wing talking heads continue painting anyone who fails to genuflect deeply enough as a "hater," and therefore a nut job, probably a crypto-Islamist car bomber. But these protestations have taken on a hysterical, almost comically desperate tone. It's one thing to get trashed by Michael Moore. But when Nobel laureates, a vast majority of the scientific community, and a host of current and former diplomats, intelligence operatives, and military officials line up against you, it becomes increasingly difficult to characterize the opposition as fringe wackos.

Does anyone really favor an administration that so shamelessly lies? One that so tenaciously clings to secrecy, not to protect the American people, but to protect itself? That so willfully misrepresents its true aims and so knowingly misleads the people from whom it derives its power? I simply cannot think so. And to come to the same conclusion does not make you guilty of swallowing some liberal critique of the Bush presidency, because that's not what this is. This is the critique of a person who thinks that lying at the top levels of his government is abhorrent. Call it the honest guy's critique of George W. Bush.

http://www.esquire.com/features/arti..._reagan_1.html
Old 07-31-2004, 10:07 PM   #21
War Child

EVERY administration, EVERY politician shamelessly lies. Why is anyone shocked? Why is it suddenly a big surprise?
Old 07-31-2004, 10:12 PM   #22
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
EVERY administration, EVERY politician shamelessly lies. Why is anyone shocked? Why is it suddenly a big surprise?
Yeah, some lie about blow jobs and some lie about wars.
Old 07-31-2004, 10:18 PM   #23
War Child

and some lies we'll never know because the media never got ahold of them.
Old 07-31-2004, 10:34 PM   #24
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

True that.
Old 07-31-2004, 10:53 PM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:46 PM
What Clinton didnt lie about Rwanda? For crying out loud the Clinton adminstration fucked up in Somalia by walking away after a successful mission claimed 17 casualties and plain didnt want to get involved in Africa again and people died, a lot of people. Clinton pushed for NATO pressure in Bosnia and Kosovo after the carnage had begun, he deployed warships near China and was on the brink of War in Iraq in 1998, he enfored sanctions against Iraq for 8 years killing over a million innocent people and reinforcing the regime. Bush is better than Clinton any day, Bush actually acts and sticks with his decisions, he makes the tough calls rather than sitting on the fence and it saves a lot of lives.

Bush has what 900 KIA in 15 months of war, that must be one of the best wars in history. Liberating an entire country with some 15,000 civilian casualties that is also extremely low. Much lower than the 100,000 people who would have been murdered by the regime. Bush has saved more lives than Clinton and has less blood on his hands.
Old 07-31-2004, 11:16 PM   #26
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
What Clinton didnt lie about Rwanda? For crying out loud the Clinton adminstration fucked up in Somalia by walking away after a successful mission claimed 17 casualties and plain didnt want to get involved in Africa again and people died, a lot of people. Clinton pushed for NATO pressure in Bosnia and Kosovo after the carnage had begun, he deployed warships near China and was on the brink of War in Iraq in 1998, he enfored sanctions against Iraq for 8 years killing over a million innocent people and reinforcing the regime.
Anti-republicans always have selective amnesia. They ony make an issue of the things that suit their agenda and the rest is allowed to and encouraged to crawl off and die until no one remembers or cares.
Old 07-31-2004, 11:28 PM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Anti-republicans always have selective amnesia. They ony make an issue of the things that suit their agenda and the rest is allowed to and encouraged to crawl off and die until no one remembers or cares.
The same could easily be said about the other side, too, but I'm sure you'd be rather bothered by that genreralization, so why do it to others?

Anywho, I am not an expert on that whole situation that happened under Clinton-at the time it happened, I was only 13, 14 years old then and wasn't anywhere near as interested in politics then as I am now-so I can't really comment on that.

Angela
Old 07-31-2004, 11:34 PM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:46 PM
I dont hate Clinton, I admire the man and his achievements but the point is that sometimes it is better to make the call and go to war than sit on the fence or stand back.
Old 07-31-2004, 11:36 PM   #29
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel

The same could easily be said about the other side, too, but I'm sure you'd be rather bothered by that genreralization, so why do it to others?

Angela
The only reason I do it is because 'the other side' does it all the time, but denies it. I only try to point out things to hopefully make them see it.

But really, why is it always about what 'side' is more guilty? Things are good or bad regardless of who was president when the atrocities occured. The tragedies themselve should be more important than under whose watch it was, and who gets to use the story to drag the other person's name through the mud.
Old 08-01-2004, 10:56 AM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Unfortunately this is a pattern all throughout American political history. Sure they all screw up, they all say at least one thing that isn't true, and so on. It comes down to personal preferences based on one's values and experiences. It is this way for all of us, I think.