Bush Doesn't Realize Gas Could Reach $4 Gallon - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-29-2008, 05:36 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by melon

No, they'll change their driving habits when we depopulate the non-urban areas of the country--i.e., most of the U.S. Beyond that, driving is a requirement.
Hybrids, plug-in hybrids, and electric cars will become more common and serve as a driving solution for many suburban areas. Toyota is introducing a plug in hybrid in 2010, and there are already many prototypes out there from various companies. Upgrades to electric grids and more solar/wind will be needed in many areas, along with advances in battery technology.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:43 PM   #32
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by hardyharhar

Must feel great to have a portfolio filled with crude. Maybe after coughing up 10 grand for our health insurance, we'll have a few dollars left to start a portfolio Then we can go ka-ching too, while raping mother earth
Eh, my statement about oil as an investment didn't come across as I meant. I realize plenty of folks can't afford to pay for winter heating oil, much less save for retirement. But the $1.75 gallon days are gone.

On the reporter asking Bush about $4.00 gasoline. Of course Bush gave a terrible, embarrassing answer. But I'm not sure what sort of advice the president could have given to people feeling the squeeze. The White House doesn't control the world oil market or speculators. Green energy is the answer long term, but that's not going to help much right now. Granted the Bush Administration hasn't led a green revolution in the last seven years.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:00 PM   #33
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluer White

Of course Bush gave a terrible, embarrassing answer.

i mean this as a broad point (and to preface, i think your post was thoughtful):

but when does Bush not give an answer that's nearly always terrible and embarrassing? no matter the topic? is there anything he's gotten right? when he's not scripted -- which is rare -- he's shockingly inept and ill-informed.

i mean this honestly. has there been a more deaf, dumb, and blind president ever?
Old 02-29-2008, 11:30 PM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

i mean this honestly. has there been a more deaf, dumb, and blind president ever?
But he sure plays a mean pinball.
Old 03-01-2008, 05:24 AM   #35
Refugee

Local Time: 03:22 PM
Is this guy serious????? What kind of President or even leader acts like this???????? This has gone just too far. It is OBVIOUS that he doesn't give a shit about how he appears to the public since this is his last term. I can't wait for the day where another superpower comes ahead of America. I really can't. That is when all the Bush lovers and Bush himself will realize that he and they are all pieces of shit. Fuckin ridiculous. We have idiots like Sean Hannity on our TV stations constantly bashing Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton and it seems like everyone has forgot about that monkey in the White House.

And yes, we are going into a recession, no matter how short it will be, and oil is making it worse. I miss Bill Clinton.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:14 AM   #36
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 02:22 PM
What does Bush give a rat's ass about oil prices or the cost of a gallon of gas his fellow Americans are paying at the pump since he doesn't pump his own gas or have to shell out money for gas? Great job the guy did f'ing up the country and economy, counting the days till he's out of the Oval Office that's for sure!
Old 03-01-2008, 07:25 PM   #37
New Yorker

Local Time: 11:22 PM
Bush is an idiot. (Period)

Just me but I don't think gas will reach $4.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:35 PM   #38
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:22 PM
so long as the focus remains on keeping petrol prices relatively low (and i do mean relatively), no real efforts will be made to providing environmentally friendly alternatives.

i sound like a broken record.

but does this not concern anyone?
Old 03-01-2008, 08:34 PM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96
so long as the focus remains on keeping petrol prices relatively low (and i do mean relatively), no real efforts will be made to providing environmentally friendly alternatives.

i sound like a broken record.

but does this not concern anyone?
Nowadays, cars seem to be more about image than about getting from A to B in a sensible manner. I understand that in large countries, people rely more on cars than in small countries like mine, but does one really need a 5.6 Litre V8 to drive the kids to school?
Old 03-01-2008, 08:46 PM   #40
Jesus Online

Local Time: 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DrTeeth

..but does one really need a 5.6 Litre V8 to drive the kids to school?
meet the Ford Orgasm (marketed as a Typhoon, but whatev.)

Old 03-01-2008, 08:59 PM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

As usual, mine is bigger...

Old 03-01-2008, 09:05 PM   #42
Jesus Online

Yours smells, has drunks vomiting in/on it, breaks down (is probably dysfunctional), runs late (so late that sometimes it is mistaken for early), and is full of strangers.

And besides, have you LOOKED under the bonnet of one of these V8s? Let me redfine 'bigger' for you, toothy!
Old 03-01-2008, 09:09 PM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Granted, in the train you may be surrounded by dickheads, but at least you don't look like one
Old 03-01-2008, 09:11 PM   #44
Jesus Online

Old 03-01-2008, 09:22 PM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
This is where you should have said something about me looking like a dickhead regardless of my method of transportation...

or something.