Bush commutes Libby's prison sentence - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2007, 02:34 PM   #76
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond

At least Bush has the nuts to do it now like a man and not as weakling leaving office.
Once again, look up the differnece between the two... Do everyone in here a favor.

Quote:

And why don't you learn how to spell the word hypocrisy first before commenting on the word.
That's all you have? Wow.

Quote:

Your continual vapid boring predictable posts force me to put you back on Ignore.

dbs
So basically you took me off long enough to comment on my spelling and now you are putting me back on? Wow, you're cool...

Old 07-03-2007, 02:35 PM   #77
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:58 PM
Quote:

Well fine, 2 of the most notable liberal writers and thinkers both thought Scooter shouldn't serve his sentence, Richard Cohen and Christopher Hitchens.

And I post Clintons pardons 400 vs Bush's of 80 because of the hypocrites that never fussed over Clinton's corruptness but sure squeal for what Bush did. Hypocrites
why are you making this a partisan issue? it has nothing to do with political party affiliation here. corruption is corruption, regardless of what side it is happening on.

and why are you so quick to judge us as hypocrites? it is an irrelevant topic. i think discussion about pardon history is irrelevant and meant for another thread.

sidenote: LIBBY WAS NOT PARDONED.

Old 07-03-2007, 02:44 PM   #78
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by mobvok

1) BUSH DID NOT PARDON LIBBY. BUSH DID NOT PARDON LIBBY. BUSH DID NOT PARDON LIBBY.

2) You weren't even a member of Interference when Clinton was president. So who are the hypocrites in this thread?

3) Pardoning someone isn't a bad thing. Pardoning someone for the wrong reasons is. Maybe the man convicted of drug dealing that Clinton pardoned had been sentenced to jail by an unreliable witness or was later exonerated by new evidence but the appeals court wouldn't hear the case. Or maybe he was just a friend of the President. Listing all the pardons/commutions the President has given is useless without context- and the context is clear here that Bush is just using his power to protect a friend.

Pardon lists, in other words, are a waste of space. Go copy and paste Portuguese cooking recipies into this thread, they're equally relevant to this thread.
quoted for truthâ„¢
Old 07-03-2007, 03:36 PM   #79
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by unico
didn't bush sr. himself say that outing cia agents is a crime or something like that?
It was Armitage that leaked Plame's name. The prosecutor knew that very early on. And why wasn't Armitage indicted? Because Plame didn't have a protected status.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:43 PM   #80
Refugee

Quote:
Yes, three years is too tough for perjury by a top government official in a case over life-and-death matters
Why are you saying this was a life-and-death case?

[img]
http://www.losblogueros.net/fotos/valerie_plame.jpg[/img]
Old 07-03-2007, 03:46 PM   #81
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluer White

It was Armitage that leaked Plame's name. The prosecutor knew that very early on. And why wasn't Armitage indicted? Because Plame didn't have a protected status.
but my point is, that the big coverup here is that Cheney ordered the leak. Cheney ordering the link is the outing I'm speaking of. Yes, Libby is a liar, but the bigger scandal behind all this is the White House involvement.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:56 PM   #82
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluer White

And this justifies Libby perjuring himself and obstructing justice?

This must be some kind of new legal defence I'm unfamiliar with.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:10 PM   #83
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by MadelynIris

Why are you saying this was a life-and-death case?
You don't think leaking of any CIA info is risky?

But really it is beside the point. Perjury is perjury.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:11 PM   #84
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

At least Bush has the nuts to do it now like a man and not as weakling leaving office.

And why don't you learn how to spell the word hypocrisy first before commenting on the word.

Your continual vapid boring predictable posts force me to put you back on Ignore.

dbs
You wouldn't call your posts which stray from the point and reek of blind conservatism a bit predicatble as well?

What are your thoughts on the actual case?
Old 07-03-2007, 04:15 PM   #85
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by unico

but my point is, that the big coverup here is that Cheney ordered the leak. Cheney ordering the link is the outing I'm speaking of. Yes, Libby is a liar, but the bigger scandal behind all this is the White House involvement.
The scandal is Cheney ordering a leak of a non-covert agent's name, you mean?

Surely Cheney didn't order Armitage to let it slip. An opponent of the war and much more of an ally to Colin Powell than to the White House.

Last night Olbermann called what Libby did "treason." I guess it's all in how these media outlets choose to frame the issue. In here as well.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:19 PM   #86
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
And I post Clintons pardons 400 vs Bush's of 80 because of the hypocrites that never fussed over Clinton's corruptness but sure squeal for what Bush did. Hypocrites

1. The issue is not pardons.

2. Even if it was, numbers do not tell the whole story.

3. The issue is Bush commuting Scooter Libby, no other ones. We're discussing this one.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:19 PM   #87
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram

And this justifies Libby perjuring himself and obstructing justice?
YES!!! It gave Libby a free shot to say whatever he wanted!!!

No, of course not. Please.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:20 PM   #88
Refugee

I think his sentence was excessive. If I were President, I would have left the fine ($250,000) and commuted the sentence to time served and to 2 years probation.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:22 PM   #89
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by MadelynIris
I think his sentence was excessive. If I were President, I would have left the fine ($250,000) and commuted the sentence to time served and to 2 years probation.
Why was it excessive?
Old 07-03-2007, 04:24 PM   #90
Refugee

They didn't order the leak. One Sunday morning, an op-ed appears in the paper from a former diplomat.

The white house assembled a rebuttal, and in the process disclosed that this former diplomat was sent by his wife (or his wife's boss). His wife happened to work at the CIA. Very strange. When everyone went to investigate, including Novak, they printed what they found out.

Scooter's account went against others. Therefore, he lied, therefore, 3 years prison.