Bush commutes Libby's prison sentence - Page 32 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2007, 11:54 PM   #466
Acrobat

Local Time: 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

you might want to ask yourself exactly why your posts are engendering such hostility.

critiques of individual posts are one thing, but a critique of the forum is quite something different. FYM waxes and wanes in quality, but at it's best, you'll be hard pressed to find a better debating -- and we debate in here -- forum, at least on a website about a rock group. there are some very, very intelligent posters in here, many of whom are highly educated, some of whom i suspect might be akin to prodigies in their respective fields and all of whom i'd be quite happy to meet in real life so i could meet the people behind the minds. you will find all viewpoints represented, especially if you dig back a ways into the FYM archive. some of our best posters would probably refer to themselves as conservative christians. we have muslims, jews, atheists, agnostics, north americans, europeans, australians, kiwis, whites, blacks, asians, straights, gays, single mothers, anarchists, left-wing christians ... you name it, you can find it in here.

the current "anti-americanism" you're referring to is more a product of the current state of the world. America has never been held in such low esteem around the world. this is not a viewpoint, it is a fact. there is open contempt for President Bush around the world, in the US, and even within the Republican party. you are free to defend him. but you are also free to be challenged, and if you're going to make an argument, you better be well prepared to defend it with logic, reason, and citations (something that's particularly cool about internet debating).

i would suggest you take a deep breath and respond to the argument at hand.

it's never personal. unless you make it personal.
it's not personal, but the other side comments that have been coming w/ the responses to me are. i.e. age. whatever, they aren't taken seriously either way, so it's not worth bitching about.

Old 07-09-2007, 11:57 PM   #467
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by struckpx

it's not personal, but the other side comments that have been coming w/ the responses to me are. i.e. age. whatever, they aren't taken seriously either way, so it's not worth bitching about.
Because you don't back them up!

Old 07-10-2007, 12:01 AM   #468
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26

Because you don't back them up!
i don't want to get into this. i just won't post here anymore. that is what everyone wants as well, so, i won't post in here, or try only on subjects that really anger me. the petty ones i will leave for others to discuss.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:03 AM   #469
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

i don't want to get into this. i just won't post here anymore. that is what everyone wants as well, so, i won't post in here, or try only on subjects that really anger me. the petty ones i will leave for others to discuss.
Yes, because government conspiracy is "petty" .
Old 07-10-2007, 12:04 AM   #470
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:31 AM
Quote:

you might want to ask yourself exactly why your posts are engendering such hostility.

critiques of individual posts are one thing, but a critique of the forum is quite something different. FYM waxes and wanes in quality, but at it's best, you'll be hard pressed to find a better debating -- and we debate in here -- forum, at least on a website about a rock group. there are some very, very intelligent posters in here, many of whom are highly educated, some of whom i suspect might be akin to prodigies in their respective fields and all of whom i'd be quite happy to meet in real life so i could meet the people behind the minds. you will find all viewpoints represented, especially if you dig back a ways into the FYM archive. some of our best posters would probably refer to themselves as conservative christians. we have muslims, jews, atheists, agnostics, north americans, europeans, australians, kiwis, whites, blacks, asians, straights, gays, single mothers, anarchists, left-wing christians ... you name it, you can find it in here.

the current "anti-americanism" you're referring to is more a product of the current state of the world. America has never been held in such low esteem around the world. this is not a viewpoint, it is a fact. there is open contempt for President Bush around the world, in the US, and even within the Republican party. you are free to defend him. but you are also free to be challenged, and if you're going to make an argument, you better be well prepared to defend it with logic, reason, and citations (something that's particularly cool about internet debating).

i would suggest you take a deep breath and respond to the argument at hand.

it's never personal. unless you make it personal.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:08 AM   #471
Acrobat

no, there are bigger problems worth arguing than some stupid scooter libby who is the middle man commutal.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:09 AM   #472
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
no, there are bigger problems worth arguing than some stupid scooter libby who is the middle man commutal.
It's not about Libby you know.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:11 AM   #473
Acrobat

Quote:

It's not about Libby you know.
yes, the commutal is about libby. that is what we know. we cannot come to any other conclusions currently.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:11 AM   #474
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

then stick to the threads that interest you.

there are many, many threads in here. it's really not anyone's place to criticize the simple existence of a thread.

i'd encourage you to keep posting, it would be a great opportunity to work on debating skills and essay writing skills, and it will force you to research a topic.

heaven knows i've done some crash research on various threads where i've shot my mouth off, and then been called on it, and had to scramble to get some facts to back me up. it's a good exercise.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:02 AM   #475
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:31 AM
Quote:
it's so good to discover that Bush, our Christian President, has finally discovered mercy and compassion!

he didn't have any as governor of Texas:

[q]In the weeks before the execution, Bush says, a number of protesters came to Austin to demand clemency for Karla Faye Tucker. "Did you meet with any of them?" I ask. Bush whips around and stares at me. "No, I didn't meet with any of them", he snaps, as though I've just asked the dumbest, most offensive question ever posed. "I didn't meet with Larry King either when he came down for it. I watched his interview with Tucker, though. He asked her real difficult questions like, 'What would you say to Governor Bush?'" "What was her answer?" I wonder. "'Please,'" Bush whimpers, his lips pursed in mock desperation, "'don't kill me.'" I must look shocked — ridiculing the pleas of a condemned prisoner who has since been executed seems odd and cruel — because he immediately stops smirking.[/q]
Guess she should have gotten some dirt on Cheney huh?
Old 07-10-2007, 11:22 AM   #476
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

yes, the commutal is about libby. that is what we know. we cannot come to any other conclusions currently.
There's plenty of evidence, which has been cited in this thread by unico, pointing to a government conspiracy to keep Cheney out of it. We can ABSOLUTELY draw conclusions about the government's involvement.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:49 PM   #477
Acrobat

Quote:

There's plenty of evidence, which has been cited in this thread by unico, pointing to a government conspiracy to keep Cheney out of it. We can ABSOLUTELY draw conclusions about the government's involvement.
you cannot come to any conclusions yet. if you have, you are being judgemental, and any court of law would throw you out if you were a juror. you need to rationalize and see that not both sides of the case have been addressed currently, just one side has been feeding information, most of which I assume is false and directed to protect that one's sides interests as it should.

it's just wrong to accuse the administration yet, no matter what your beliefs are towards them. we are a civilized society, and until proven guilty should be assumed innocent. i don't care about the commutal, etc., there will be other opportunities if cheney is involved in this.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:03 PM   #478
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

you cannot come to any conclusions yet. if you have, you are being judgemental, and any court of law would throw you out if you were a juror. you need to rationalize and see that not both sides of the case have been addressed currently, just one side has been feeding information, most of which I assume is false and directed to protect that one's sides interests as it should.

it's just wrong to accuse the administration yet, no matter what your beliefs are towards them. we are a civilized society, and until proven guilty should be assumed innocent. i don't care about the commutal, etc., there will be other opportunities if cheney is involved in this.
What does me being a juror have anything to do with this? That's completely irrelevant.

But, I've heard the arguments in defense of the administration, all of them, in this thread. They're pathetic. They stray from the topic, for the most part, and are based on no fact.

The evidence I've seen makes accusing the administration not only right, but necessary.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:03 PM   #479
Blue Crack Addict

fitzgerald has already stated that the administration was involved. they are clearly implicated in this case. i would think that the special prosecutor would have a much better understanding of his evidence collected. i'm only going off of what he has said. the only reason he can't outright say "cheney did it!" is because Libby is lying and refusing to answer certain questions.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:04 PM   #480
Acrobat

Quote:

What does me being a juror have anything to do with this? That's completely irrelevant.

But, I've heard the arguments in defense of the administration, all of them, in this thread. They're pathetic. They stray from the topic, for the most part, and are based on no fact.

The evidence I've seen makes accusing the administration not only right, but necessary.
if you want to falsely accuse them, be my guest. i won't be apart of it.