Bush commutes Libby's prison sentence - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-04-2007, 10:24 PM   #226
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by struckpx

political prejudice has everything to do w/ it.

Did you even read the rest of my post?

Old 07-04-2007, 10:26 PM   #227
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

political prejudice has everything to do w/ it.
are you not at all acknowledging the corruption? the COVER UP?

Old 07-04-2007, 10:28 PM   #228
Acrobat

Local Time: 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26

Did you even read the rest of my post?
yes, that is Washington. Everything is hardball politically motivated. All of your statements are correct, but so are the other facts: he served the country for 30+ years, was the middle man, was denied the right to submit evidence by the prosecutor, etc. etc.

the list and accusations can go on and on. ultimately, he would not have gone to jail either way. this case would have gone to the supreme court where it would have been overturned, and that is just a waste of our money. we have larger issues at hand to worry about.

he lied, we all do. don't you ever lie for your good friends? while he is in the white house and that is wrong, another former president did the exact same thing.

everything is politically motivated. all of this media coverage is politically motivated.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:33 PM   #229
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

the list and accusations can go on and on. ultimately, he would not have gone to jail either way. this case would have gone to the supreme court where it would have been overturned, and that is just a waste of our money. we have larger issues at hand to worry about.
What are you talking about? I don't mean to be rude, but this is just hogwash. On what legal grounds was the SCOTUS going to overrule the trial judge? Every legal analyst and expert I heard speak about this agreed that he had no viable appeal. Where are you getting this idea that it would have been overturned? I honestly want to know, because I think it's a ridiculous assertion based on the case.

Bush knew it wasn't going to be overturned on appeal and acted before Libby was sent to jail to wait it out.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:34 PM   #230
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

yes, that is Washington. Everything is hardball politically motivated. All of your statements are correct, but so are the other facts: he served the country for 30+ years, was the middle man, was denied the right to submit evidence by the prosecutor, etc. etc.

he lied, we all do. don't you ever lie for your good friends? while he is in the white house and that is wrong, another former president did the exact same thing.

everything is politically motivated. all of this media coverage is politically motivated.

Lying for my friends and PERJURY are two very, very different things. To compare the two is bullshit. Being under oath is not equivalent to high school secret keeping.

His appeal had been turned down you know. Bush commuted him within hours of his appeal being turned down.

The bottom line is that this had nothing to do with republican vs. democrat. This is a cover-up. That is why people are angry. It's not anger of partisan issues. It's anger over a corrupt administration.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:35 PM   #231
Acrobat

what's done is done.

let's move on to something more meaningful.

who wants to start a new thread for:

Palestinian Liberation?
Old 07-04-2007, 10:40 PM   #232
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

uh, we do have something called the LAW, which this administration considers themselves to be above. that ain't bipartisan politics, that is CORRUPTION. how would it have gone to the supreme court? the commute came just after the court of appeals rejected his appeal to avoid jail time while he was appealing his conviction.

and this is bigger than just lying. he was charged with OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE.

i mean this with all due respect, but i think there are elements of this case that you are overlooking, or are misinformed about, and you do so consciously by confining it to a "partisan" issue.

you should know that some republicans wanted bush to fully pardon Libby, because they too are blinded by the corruption and not realize that the pardon would mean Libby would have to spill the beans.

this is a cover up. i can't say that enough. i don't understand why you don't acknowledge that.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:43 PM   #233
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
what's done is done.

Palestinian Liberation?
Uh, this thread is for discussin this issue, so I imagine that we're not suddenly going to move on.

Although I am amused that you have completely stopped debating in the middle of a debate. That may be unprecedented for FYM.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:44 PM   #234
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
what's done is done.

Palestinian Liberation?

so not only do you not acknowledge corruption, but you also don't believe in accountablity either? how can there ever be any progress if we don't hold the responsible people accountable?
Old 07-04-2007, 10:50 PM   #235
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by unico

so not only do you not acknowledge corruption, but you also don't believe in accountablity either? how can there ever be any progress if we don't hold the responsible people accountable?
b/c what is us complaining on a U2 forum going to do? there are bigger problems in the world than figuring out whether or not scooter libby sits in jail for a year. there are murderers, stalkers, rapers, out there currently who should be garnering this type of attention to be captured, not scooter. there are wars going on, people trying to blow up buildings w/ cars, etc. etc. lets put our thoughts and actions towards those, instead of one guy who really didn't and most likely won't have any detrimental damage to us individually
Old 07-04-2007, 10:51 PM   #236
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

b/c what is us complaining on a U2 forum going to do? there are bigger problems in the world than figuring out whether or not scooter libby sits in jail for a year. there are murderers, stalkers, rapers, out there currently who should be garnering this type of attention to be captured, not scooter. there are wars going on, people trying to blow up buildings w/ cars, etc. etc. lets put our thoughts and actions towards those, instead of one guy who really didn't and most likely won't have any detrimental damage to us individually
But this isn't one guy! It's an entire government!
Old 07-04-2007, 10:52 PM   #237
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26

But this isn't one guy! It's an entire government!
who ultimately will be clean as a whistle now.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:52 PM   #238
Blue Crack Addict

then why are you here? do you understand that the purpose of Free Your Mind is to discuss issues?

i like how you turn your head and change the topic instead of addressing my questions. thanks.

and i'm glad your using your thoughts and actions toward these greater causes by having an internet radio show. you're bringing true progress to the world as we fluff around on this forum about this inconsequential topic.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:54 PM   #239
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

who ultimately will be clean as a whistle now.
?

I don't understand what you mean.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:54 PM   #240
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:58 PM
Quote:
what's done is done.

What if people had this attitude towards your callousedheart thread?

Just said, oh well, what's done is done, that's your life, no reason to change...