Bush Assassinated in DocuDrama

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/...h+assassinated+in+new+TV+docudrama/article.do

This is the dramatic moment when President George Bush is gunned down by a sniper after a public address at a hotel, in a gripping new docudrama soon to be aired on TV.

Set around October 2007, President Bush is assassinated as he leaves the Sheraton Hotel in Chicago.

Death of a President, shot in the style of a retrospective documentary, looks at the effect the assassination of Bush has on America in light of its 'War on Terror'.

The 90 minutes feature explores who could have planned the murder, with a Syrian-born man wrongly put in the frame.

Peter Dale, head of More4, which is due to air the film on October 9, said the drama was a "thought-provoking critique" of contemporary US society.

He said: "It's an extraordinarily gripping and powerful piece of work, a drama constructed like a documentary that looks back at the assassination of George Bush as the starting point for a very gripping detective story.

"It's a pointed political examination of what the War on Terror did to the American body politic.

"I'm sure that there will be people who will be upset by it but when you watch it you realise what a sophisticated piece of work it is.

"It's not sensationalist, or simplistic but a very thought-provoking, powerful drama. I hope people will see that the intention behind it is good."

The film will premier at the Toronto Film Festival in September and was written and directed by Gabriel Range.

Looks interesting, but also wrong.

Interesting...

I probably would have made it a ficticious president based on real life politics similar to West Wing, but interesting none the less...

his handlers

he rarely gets to go anywhere without his minders

there is a huge buffer
around him

his audiances are screened and cleared

protesters are pushed back miles away to
"free speech zones"

deep said:
his handlers
there is a huge buffer
around him
"free speech zones"

Okay, you may be right, I don't know. I thought you were going to say "the press", at which point I was going to have to laugh.

I think I would have preferred a fictitious president, too. Something about assassinations makes me really uncomfortable, not that I have ever supported this president.

It was on TV tonight that they will be looking for an American distributor. Besides Toronto, I believe the film will be released in Britain.

I would think it would be illegal to superimpose the heads on the bodies of the actors. Is it not?

deep said:
his handlers

there is a huge buffer
around him

"free speech zones"

You sound upset about this. Have you been watching "Taxi Driver?"

Back
Top Bottom