bush AND co. WONT TOLERATE TREACHERY FROM GERMANY, FRANCE - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2003, 01:34 PM   #31
On Thin Ice

Local Time: 12:25 AM

Melon, Germany of today has reevaluated their stance on the war.. Mostly because they themselves started to worry what America thought of them and the more effective influence we have on their economy/country, than they actually have on ours.

It seems now that France is the Unilateral nation now, Going against this War Alone... What ever are we going to do with Beret wearing pastry chefs running amuk in this world?

Beefeater

Old 02-17-2003, 04:19 PM   #32
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by STING2
For the past 4 years, the US military had already been considering moving troops and training into Poland. It would definitely cost less to station US troops in Poland and the Polish economy would get a nice boost as well. Not mentioned in the article is the fact that there are many Germans that would like to see the USA leave for different reasons. Of course there are Germans who would definitely prefer to have the US military stay as mentioned in the article. At the end of the day, the US military will do whats in its best interest training and budget wise, so it looks like relocation from Germany to Poland in the future is very possible, even without the current political drama.
Hi Sting, you're right the facts aren't new, but if the US speaker announces that a few hours before the US and the Germans meet for a Iraq discussion and US diplomats are mentioning the number of german workers who will approx. loose their job - i guess it's not coincidence.

Klaus

Old 02-17-2003, 05:10 PM   #33
War Child

Local Time: 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Beefeater
Melon, Germany of today has reevaluated their stance on the war.. Mostly because they themselves started to worry what America thought of them and the more effective influence we have on their economy/country, than they actually have on ours.

It seems now that France is the Unilateral nation now, Going against this War Alone... What ever are we going to do with Beret wearing pastry chefs running amuk in this world?

Beefeater
When you get a chance, could u post a link to a news article about this, the BBC newsite is letting me down, I've not heard anything about this at all.

Thanks
Old 02-17-2003, 06:36 PM   #34
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:25 PM
http://channels.netscape.com/ns/news...&w=RTR&coview=
Old 02-18-2003, 09:20 AM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Flag Pole Pear

i could be far more colourful in my opinions, but i chose to be as bland as possible to prevent the masses from calling for my head.
Old 02-18-2003, 09:33 AM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:25 AM
Its more about the UN Sec Council than the EU, though.