burn care?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DebbieSG

Refugee
anyone related to anyone at the "rock" concert in Providence, Rhode Island, where the whole place went up in fireworks?

many people are 20-30% burned, says one doctor. What do you do to heal burns? I know a little from the English Patient--wrap in cool bandages...there is a nurse at my church that had to help a youth group leader when too much gas caused the old stove to flame...she was fine, just some singed hair, and a few hours in the hospital...also, you need burn cream, for second degree burns...anyone have other ideas, or know how these unsuspecting(LOL) concert-goers can be helped...i think they are in a lot of PAIN, like Bali :sigh:

DebbieSG said:
anyone related to anyone at the "rock" concert in Providence, Rhode Island, where the whole place went up in fireworks?

many people are 20-30% burned, says one doctor. What do you do to heal burns? I know a little from the English Patient--wrap in cool bandages...there is a nurse at my church that had to help a youth group leader when too much gas caused the old stove to flame...she was fine, just some singed hair, and a few hours in the hospital...also, you need burn cream, for second degree burns...anyone have other ideas, or know how these unsuspecting(LOL) concert-goers can be helped...i think they are in a lot of PAIN, like Bali :sigh:

Ya know Debbie, I sincerely can not tell if you sincerely care or not. That is a sad thing to have to say. Why the LOL was necessary in your sentence about the concert goers I do not understand.

I live less than 40 minutes away from the club. I have three friends who were at the club. The are all alright thanks be. 95 people are dead so far and there are 160 people who have sustained injuries out of 300 in the club at the time. Some with more than 50% of their body burned. There are people who are burned so bad, the doctors do not know who they are, and these are people who are alive, never mind dead. Families are driving from hospital to hospital trying to find their loved ones including over an hour and half to Boston hospitals where the really badly burned are.

The disc jockey from WHJ who I have listened to for almost 20 years now, is dead and missing. TO be honest, it has been an extremely emotional time here.

Maybe you can explain why "unsuspecting (LOL) concert-goers" is an appropriate way of addressing the situation?

Yeah what's sad is I've tried on numerous occasions to pm you, DebbieSG about your posting habits and you have never responded to me. Not very good forum/net etiquitte if you ask me.

Some people just want to understand ... :|

Too top it all off...this thread has someone yawning next to it on the main freaking page.

Real appropriate!

Re: Re: burn care?

Dreadsox said:

Ya know Debbie, I sincerely can not tell if you sincerely care or not.

TO be honest, it has been an extremely emotional time here.

Maybe you can explain why "unsuspecting (LOL) concert-goers" is an appropriate way of addressing the situation?

I am totally sincere that i see this as a terrible accident, or trajedy, or planned attack...investigators don't know how all this got started.

Seriously, firing off pyrotechnics INSIDE a building is really DUMB. I can't take time to put that any more eloquently or clearly. DUMB. It was bad enough that JEW, Green Day and Blink 182 used them at the Shoreline and inside the Oakland Arena here this past year...DUMB!! Wood burns. Fireworks cause sparks. DUMB, DUMB, IRRESPONSIBLE and "not using the noodle" putting all the participants, staff and their families, friends, community, the whole nation, the world, in a desparate situation...because clubs are burning down (here, it was Amadeus on Columbus in the mid-80's) and in ISRAEL, the television news showed a bomb blast that dropped the floor from a whole room of dancers, they just exploded into the dust...(i am angry about this:mad: ) and very, very sad!!

You in RI are emotional and feeling the loss, with people put in unknown hospitals? Have you forgotten about all the victims of the twin towers in NYCity already? Shame, to quote a TV judge.

Sicy, i am sorry that you have not gotten a response from me about the abuses you feel i have been writing...things here in CA, are very tense, too.

We were on RED terrorist alert yesterday, weren't we? I haven't gotten back to anybody about anything, even the planned trip to Fisherman's Wharf with U2SJ, and haven't myself been able to make plans for Las Vegas or the hall of fame show in Ohio...the whole situation is terrible, i will explain any problems when there is a QUIET moment to CHAT with you, preferably in person, when you are not hanging out with a boyfriend and don't feel you can spend time with a lowly "refugee" who should, i may add, be a New Yorker by now, except that somewhere my count went down by 665 or so, in the space when i was busy doing other things this summer...(this makes me feel degraded)!

There is NO U2 fan club in the Bay Area that I know of, we seem to be so TRIBAL, we can't even agree to see each other in some central meeting place (except Elizabeth, who did fill me in on the Sinead/U2 argument..) Do i have to keep saying i am sorry?? cause this whole gossiping clicking mod thing is sending me through the roof, do you get that?:mad:

oi vey

DebbieSG said:
i will explain any problems when there is a QUIET moment to CHAT with you, preferably in person, when you are not hanging out with a boyfriend and don't feel you can spend time with a lowly "refugee"

This is the kind of crap I'm talking about.

How have I ever given you the impression that you are lowly in any way?

Re: Re: Re: burn care?

DebbieSG said:
You in RI are emotional and feeling the loss, with people put in unknown hospitals? Have you forgotten about all the victims of the twin towers in NYCity already? Shame, to quote a TV judge.

Ya know what, you are not worth getting banned over. The yawning guy next to the thread, and the LOL with the concert-goers is crap too. You get off on throwing this crap into these threads and it is not right. It's not right at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom