Buchanan and Kristol-victims of drive-by foodings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ft. Worth Frog

Acrobat
Saw this on CNN. A student at Western Michigan University hurled salad dressing at Pat Buchanan yesterday during a speech. On Tuesday, Bill Kristol had a pie thrown at him at a university in Indiana. Isn't there some better way to make one's feelings known than to throw food at them? I can't stand Michael Moore but I would never dream of throwing things at him while he was speaking.

I think this is stupid. I wouldn't waste a perfectly good pie on Pat Buchanan, I'd rather eat the thing. If I wanted to protest their statements, I'd bring a sign or maybe just wear a "liberal" button or something.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Of course you wouldn't because we all know Michael Moore doesn't need more pie. Duh...

it would be taken as a reward, a sign of a fans appreciation.

oops, I meant FREEDOM dressing

I admit I enjoyed it when someone threw a pie at Bill Gates, something about seeing someone like that w/ pie on his face makes me happy :D I don't think someone can be injured by pie in the face, I haven't read any medical literature on that topic :wink:

flangerchorus said:
as long as its not hot enough to burn their face i think its pretty damn funny

aren't the "pie" that people throw usually just whipped cream or non-dairy whipped topping in a disposable pie pan? I don't think many people are going to go to the effort of actually cooking up a nice pie just to throw it at someone they dislike. So overall I think it's pretty harmless.

enough already

these, along with the pie attack on Coulter

are just stupid.

this is how one responds to bad ideas?

food fight!

i hope they start charging these people with assault
and give them hefty fines.

It's stupid and a sign of weak-mindedness if you ask me. Can you imagine how "hateful" I would look if I saw some liberals carrying on a demonstration that I disagreed with, and I just went up and started throwing food at them? What's the point? To embarass them because you disagree with their message? Hell yes, it's assault. I don't care who it is throwing food or whatever on who. And yes, it would be just as bad if somebody threw food on Michael Moore.

~U2Alabama

A fellow grad student made an offbeat comment about the Buchanan picture, but I think I will leave his observation to your imaginations.:wink:

Throwing food is a completely classless and stupid way of expressing your opposition to something or someone. It's not going to sway anyone to your point of view, and even if it doesn't "hurt" whoever you're throwing it at, it's still an unwarranted physical intrusion.

That said...I find it extremely hard not to giggle at that photo.

"French/I mean FREEDOM dressing"

PRICELESS INDEED...I am typing this on a public terminal..burst out laughing and people staring at me!

It's funny, but yeah...I do think it is counterproductive. My biggest beef with the Left, currently, is that they are either way out there (WTO riots) or so spineless as to be immobilized (modern Democratic Party). They need to learn how to be an effective opposition, while also knowing when and how to pick their battles.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom