British women = ugly, intelligent slobs. American women = beautiful gold-diggers. - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-11-2007, 06:07 PM   #16
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by financeguy

Beckham's a bit of a nancy, right enough.

not too bright either.

but you can't have it all, can you.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:16 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Gerard Butler too, he's from Glasgow Scotland

Old 12-11-2007, 06:39 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:31 AM
I was going to say something incredibly intelligent and thought-provoking but l'm late for my bikini wax.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:47 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 11:31 AM
I don't do squat with my appearance other than the necessities-i.e., showering, shaving, wearing clean clothes. I never wear makeup, I rarely ever mess with my hair, I don't obsess over what outfit I'm going to wear each day (I hate clothes shopping. I just want to get in, get what I need, and get out. I don't need to be there for 5 hours trying on every piece of clothing imaginable), I don't wear nail polish... Probably sounds boring to some people, but I just don't personally feel a need for all the fuss. More power to those who do, though.

What's considered attractive is subjective anyway.

Angela
Old 12-11-2007, 08:24 PM   #20
Blue Crack Distributor

Who spends $1,700 monthly on their appearance?

Outside of celebrities who are in an industry where always looking impeccable is a must, I can't imagine anyone who does, unless they're wealthy, and possess a serious dose of narcissism.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:27 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I'm actually not surprised this guy doesn't know any American women who don't waste a ton of money on grooming. He'd probably consider a woman who didn't wear a lot of makeup or (gasp!) none at all an offense against humanity not worth speaking to.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:47 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel
I don't do squat with my appearance other than the necessities-i.e., showering, shaving, wearing clean clothes. I never wear makeup, I rarely ever mess with my hair
I didn't either when I was your age. I didn't need to. But the older I get, the more I spend on my appearance because I'd like to age gracefully and I am not ashamed of that. But I spend more on things you can't see, like exercise and supplements to stay fit. And actually I do notice that in people and I think people who work out are simply more attractive in almost every way unless they cross a line over into obsession, because not only does it improve your physical appearance but also your moods and energy which then positively affect your personality.

So yeah I do spend a lot each month on the gym, pilates, yoga and supplements. That's all changed my life, in fact. With the rest I try to navigate the middle road. I don't think anyone would look at me and immediately think, "Wow, spends a fortune on her appearance." Let's put it this way...as I get older, I have to work a little harder and spend a little more in order to stay naturally attractive, and I don't see anything wrong with that if I can afford it. I enjoy it and it's for ME, not men. Were I to make that the focus of my life, however, then I'd probably be very insecure.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:04 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
I fully agree with you, joyfulgirl. Like I said, if other people want to work on stuff like that, that's entirely up to them. And I see nothing wrong with what you're doing-staying fit and doing yoga and all that sort of thing is fine. I could probably do with that myself.

I just, like you said, don't understand those who can't seem to handle going anywhere until they've caked themselves in makeup or something. I hope I didn't seem like I was knocking people who put a little extra effort into their appearance, 'cause to each their own. Just the constant obsession some have with their appearance...it strikes me as weird.

Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk

Outside of celebrities who are in an industry where always looking impeccable is a must, I can't imagine anyone who does, unless they're wealthy, and possess a serious dose of narcissism.
I can tell you who'd be most likely to do that: many of the women who live in this area. Very wealthy, ritzy people here.

Angela
Old 12-11-2007, 09:16 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk

Sounds like a good portion of the women of Fairfield County, CT.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:24 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel
[B I hope I didn't seem like I was knocking people who put a little extra effort into their appearance, 'cause to each their own. [/B]
I didn't take it that way at all. I was just remembering how I used to get away with falling out of bed, taking a quick shower and running out the door with my hair still half wet, and looking pretty decent. That doesn't work for me anymore. Sigh.

A friend of mine always wears way too much make-up. Just caked on and I always wondered if she had really bad skin underneath or something that she was trying to conceal. Then I saw her early one morning with no makeup at all on and she was really beautiful. Some women, regardless of their age, really don't need makeup. Others like me look better with a little color.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:04 AM   #26
Refugee

Local Time: 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep
men are generally a bunch of slobs that think they are entitled to have hot girlfriends
Not all men are, of course, but there are an awful lot of guys out there who think they're God's Gift To Womankind. And you women had BETTER be beautiful for him, even if he looks like the love child of a pig and a gorilla, weighs 1200 pounds and smells like Hell's Sewer. 'Cause he is a MAN, by golly, and you wimmin better give him the beauty and lovin' he deserves!
Old 12-12-2007, 12:26 AM   #27
Blue Crack Supplier

i'm sorry i haven't had time to respond to this thread. i was at the gym doing a spinning class and then swimming laps. i'll spin again on thursday as well. and drop $50 on a haircut next week and am even considering getting a pedi before i head somewhere warm for the xmas break.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:30 AM   #28
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by vaz02
Im British and to be honest the majority of british girls are not easy on the eye.
Serious? I've really never noticed a great variance in attractive looking females or men from country to country, unless you have a very specific type...

...that said there are few of the chav persuasion that are ever attractive to look at...
Old 12-12-2007, 05:00 AM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl
I didn't take it that way at all. I was just remembering how I used to get away with falling out of bed, taking a quick shower and running out the door with my hair still half wet, and looking pretty decent. That doesn't work for me anymore. Sigh.
Ah, good.

Awwwww, hey, don't be down on yourself like that. I think you'd look nice no matter what you do .

Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl
A friend of mine always wears way too much make-up. Just caked on and I always wondered if she had really bad skin underneath or something that she was trying to conceal. Then I saw her early one morning with no makeup at all on and she was really beautiful. Some women, regardless of their age, really don't need makeup. Others like me look better with a little color.
I'd probably be one who could do with a bit of color-I'm so pale it's not even funny. I just can't stand makeup, though, I hate how it feels on my face, I'm always afraid I'll mess it up if I touch my face wrong, and I want it off not long after I've put it on.

But you're right. There's nothing wrong with light touches of makeup, it can bring out some of the best features of a person's face, but yeah, when it gets to where you start looking like you're applying to be a clown, or when you're stepping into Tammy Faye Bakker territory, might be time to tone it down a notch.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sue DeNym
Not all men are, of course, but there are an awful lot of guys out there who think they're God's Gift To Womankind.
Men like that bug the hell out of me. Ugh. That sort of attitude is such an automatic turnoff for me.

Angela
Old 12-12-2007, 08:19 AM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LJT

Serious? I've really never noticed a great variance in attractive looking females or men from country to country, unless you have a very specific type...

...that said there are few of the chav persuasion that are ever attractive to look at...
British girls have a big problem with self grooming, they wear so much fake tan and hair extensions they end up looking like a tranny