British woman pregnant at 63..... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 05-04-2006, 09:08 PM   #16
love, blood, life
Local Time: 01:05 AM
Re: Re: British woman pregnant at 63.....

Originally posted by Tilli

This bit of the article you quoted made me laugh. Good job she's slim and blonde - wouldn't want any fat, brown haired women having kids at 62!
Yeah, I had a good laugh at that too!

I can't really say what is right or wrong for anyone else, and I know many older people who are really great parents, but I wouldn't even consider doing it myself.

Old 05-05-2006, 08:30 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 01:05 AM
Wow she does not look 63

Yesterday, Dr Rashbrook stepped out with her husband, John Farrant, 61, and said that she was “delighted with the pregnancy”. She is believed to be expecting a son. She said: “We are very happy to have given life to an already much loved baby and our wish now is to give him the peace and security he needs.”

When news of her pregnancy became public on Wednesday evening the couple hired a PR agency, which issued a statement saying: “This has not been an endeavour undertaken lightly or without great courage. A great deal of thought has been given to planning and providing for the child’s present and future wellbeing, medically, socially and materially.”

Old 05-05-2006, 08:52 AM   #18
Local Time: 03:05 PM
It's interesting why she would want to have a child at this time in her life, the sleepness nights, the breastfeeding, the nappies, the spewing, the crying, the washing, not to mention chasing after a 1 year old at 64!!!!....then first day of school when she is 70!!!!putting up with FBT's (f****bastard teenagers) and their FBT's friends around your house, when she is 80!!!!!

Personally when i'm 63 i would like to think i would be sunbaking on the island of Crete having a glass of plonk, looking at my grandchildren playing in the sand!!!!!