bringing africa into the capitalist orbit - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 06-26-2002, 01:32 PM   #16
I'm a chauvinist leprechaun
Local Time: 09:01 PM

Originally posted by kobayashi

school? a living?
obviously it shouldn't buy a free ride to the ivy league and an acura but education and the facilitation of life are, as you are aware, essential. whether that is done via a reasonable cash reperation or some equal gesture is not the point.

My point is that the knowledge of 'WHAT' to do with the cash is not there..

Now, your point assumes that these recipients are just itching to go to some sort of school or hold the wisdom of how to manage money.. how to efficiently use it to make more.. and I wish that could be a correct assumption.

Whenhiphopdrovethebigcars.. It seems that we were talking about completely different things.. Reparations I'm not sure is the right term for you to use in regards to '$ For AIDS relief' to places like Ghana and Uganda.. Right?.. That would be Financial Aid or something like that.. Not reparations.. I guess we went in two different directions more or less...

"When People Feel Uncertain, they'd rather have somebody who is Strong and Wrong than somebody who is Weak and Right."

--Bill Clinton