Bring our Boys Home!!!!! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2003, 09:51 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:21 PM
The way things are going Congress is going to declare war on France over a foreign policy dispute.
This is madness.

Old 03-14-2003, 01:51 AM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:21 PM
Klaus - I believe that Gickies meant that he can't live in the same world as people who can be so petty as to want to go dig up there relatives over this. From his posts I've always got the feeling that he is against the war in Iraq and has nothing against the French. I normally wouldn't speak for other members of the board, but I'm pretty certain of this and since I made a statement in agreement with him I think it was necessary to say what I was agreeing with so that people don't get the wrong idea about me.

Old 03-14-2003, 10:11 AM   #18
New Yorker

Local Time: 04:21 PM
Ok, i was a big idiot and accidentally posted this again. Anyways what I said was.....

I really wish this stupid politicians would stop paying attention to fries and buried people and start paying attention to the impending WAR! That's right, we may go to WAR but you can't tell that by the petty way some of our elected officials are acting.

I think this was particularly interesting...

Steve Thomas, a spokesman for the American Legion, said the veterans' group would need some time to look at the legislation. He said the American Legion has always respected the wishes of the families concerning those who died in combat, but noted that "a lot of people may not want to repatriate their fallen loved ones, separating them from their comrades, to make a statement about the French government."
Old 03-14-2003, 10:51 AM   #19
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 10:21 PM
ILuvLarryMullen:

Well i couldn't find a smiley in his post
Old 03-14-2003, 12:49 PM   #20
Purgatory

Local Time: 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Klaus
Gickies Gageeze:

so what would you suggest? War of USA <> France? And all because they have a different opinion in foreign politics?
Remember France didn't send troops into the Iraq to save Saddam, they just want more time for the UN inspectors to do their work

So let the boys rest in peace. They gave their life to stop Hittlers worldexpansion and genocide - don't abuse their memorials for todays propaganda.

Klaus
uh klaus, i think youve misunderstood me. i am NOT promoting the removal of the dead in france. i said i cannot live in the same world as these people, with "these people" being the rediculous americans mentioned in the story.

capiche?
Old 03-14-2003, 12:50 PM   #21
Purgatory

Quote:
Originally posted by ILuvLarryMullen
Klaus - I believe that Gickies meant that he can't live in the same world as people who can be so petty as to want to go dig up there relatives over this. From his posts I've always got the feeling that he is against the war in Iraq and has nothing against the French. I normally wouldn't speak for other members of the board, but I'm pretty certain of this and since I made a statement in agreement with him I think it was necessary to say what I was agreeing with so that people don't get the wrong idea about me.
thank you
Old 03-14-2003, 01:52 PM   #22
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 10:21 PM
Gickies :

ok, i'm glad that you don't think that way and i've only missunderstood you.

So ignore the first half and see the 2nd half as a statement, not attacking your mail:

"Let the boys rest in peace. They gave their life to stop Hittlers worldexpansion and genocide - don't abuse their memorials for todays propaganda."

Klaus
Old 03-14-2003, 02:37 PM   #23
Purgatory

i agree with that completely, klaus.
Old 03-14-2003, 04:22 PM   #24
War Child

I think if we're really all that serious about exhuming our fallen soldiers and returning them to U.S. soil, renaming and boycotting French goods, and essentially spitting in their faces, then we should be *really* serious about it, you know, let us boycott and dismantle the Statue of Liberty, ship it back to France, and dump it on their front lawn.
Old 03-14-2003, 04:25 PM   #25
Refugee

Local Time: 06:21 PM
What Klaus said in his last post.

This whole story is so poor...sentimental blackmail....unbelievable.
Old 03-14-2003, 05:18 PM   #26
New Yorker

Well she's a Republican from Florida - Jeb & her are right up there on the brain cell count.

I told my uncle about this, he's a retired Colonel from WW2 and he thought it was hilarious that anyone would even think up something so ridiculous.

Really I think it's sad that some people can't handle criticism.
Old 03-15-2003, 12:37 PM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

I have written my Congressman and my Senators protesting what I see as a hate campaign against France. It's time for Congress to stop playing Trivial Pursuit For the Political Idiot Squad and get back to work running the country. This is no time for insanity like this.
Old 03-15-2003, 04:23 PM   #28
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by verte76
Trivial Pursuit For the Political Idiot Squad
I think we've just discovered how Bush won the presidency, why 90% of Americans can't find Afghanistan on a map, what to play while eating Freedom Fries, and how to get agents on your side during an Ashcroft interrogation.
Old 03-15-2003, 05:02 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by sharky

I think we've just discovered how Bush won the presidency, why 90% of Americans can't find Afghanistan on a map, what to play while eating Freedom Fries, and how to get agents on your side during an Ashcroft interrogation.
Yes. Just ask the instigators of the "I hate France" campaign.