Breast Thread - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2008, 01:47 AM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:03 PM
Breast Thread

Quote:
A new survey has revealed that wearing lipstick and drinking alcohol could increase your bust size.

Doctors are warning that consuming these products could cause a series of health problems in the long term. Medical expert Dr Ross Walker joins the show to explain the potential dangers found in the study.

"The U.K. study found that lipsticks and alcohol are being blamed for a growth spurt in women's breast cup sizes." he explains. "The survey is suggesting that women these days have bigger breasts than previous generations did."

According to the report, in less than ten years the average bra size has grown from 34B to 36C.

"I am not really surprised by the findings," he says. "One of the major reasons women have bigger breasts than previous generations is because of obesity."

"Another cause is also the increase in cosmetic surgery for breast implants," he suggests. "In Britain 10, 000 women underwent breast enlargements in 2007.Women are using hormone replacement therapy and are on the pill longer. These changes could all be affecting the changes."

Dr Walker also suggests that humans are also eating synthetic chemicals. "Synthetic chemicals are now found in many foods," he says. "These have the potential to stimulate your oestrogen receptors, and cause growth."

The main reason for the rapid growth is partly due to our lifestyle changes and our exposure to higher levels of Xeno-Oestrogens that changes the hormones in our system, according to Dr Walker.

"Xeno-Oestrogens are chemicals found everywhere from food to cosmetics that mimic the effect of oestrogen," he explains. "They are found in lipsticks, tampons, spray cans and many other things, but only in tiny amounts. It is important to note that these amounts do however accumulate over time."

"Scientists are still unsure of how dangerous they are to us. It's believed the huge amounts of Oestrogens are leading to larger breasts and also an increased risk of cancer. "

"High sugar foods also force the body to increase its insulin output," he says. "Too much insulin helps your body to store energy as fat and makes it more difficult for your body to break down those fat stores when you try to lose weight."

"Large amounts of insulin is also blamed for the higher increase in breasts size," he says.
link

Old 01-23-2008, 02:51 AM   #2
Cin
Blue Crack Addict

Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
curses, not only do I look plain with no lipstick, I have a flat chest and am sober.

Old 01-23-2008, 03:33 AM   #3
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 03:03 AM
Quote:
"...and also an increased risk of cancer. "
I saw a few other articles on this study too, and it bothered me that every one of them waited until several paragraphs in to mention this not-exactly-insignificant concern, and then only in passing. Most people don't read more than the first few sentences or paragraphs of an article, and if this study did find reasonable grounds for a possible link to heightened breast cancer risk, then I think they should've featured that angle prominently if they're going to cover the story at all.

My impression, though, is that whether concentrations of synthetic estrogens in the typical contemporary environment are high enough to have significant health effects is still a pretty contentious topic.

I assume the alcohol connection refers to the link between higher alcohol consumption and increased obesity/high insulin?

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 01-23-2008, 04:27 AM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

The real trouble is that none of this information is ever reported in a way that would suggest you place too much faith in it. 'A study' can find many things. Further studies over a period of time may support or contradict that.

My real beef is with the media who report this shit. They have zero interest in illumination and major interest in fear. Specifically, fostering it. I pity anyone who puts too much faith in it.

So yeah.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:57 AM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by yolland

I saw a few other articles on this study too,
Where was it published?

I can sort it out immediately based on that alone...
Old 01-23-2008, 10:08 AM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:03 PM
This is the kind of subject I really like to take a hands-on approach with.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:19 AM   #7
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:03 PM
Ya' know that Jayne Mansfield had some big breasts.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:28 PM   #8
Cin
Blue Crack Addict

Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
Quote:
Originally posted by Canadiens1160
This is the kind of subject I really like to take a hands-on approach with.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:57 PM   #9
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
Where was it published?
Well that was another thing that bothered me, none of the articles ever got around to specifying where the research was done or what journal it might've been published in; they all refer to a "new study," then toss in a few comments from various "experts," without clarifying whether any of them had any connection to said study (or have even read it). Maybe over time there will be some better articles, if there were actually substantial medical findings there.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 01-23-2008, 04:14 PM   #10
Refugee

Local Time: 02:03 AM
::Golightly Grrl runs off to Sephora and Discount Liquors::
Old 01-23-2008, 07:54 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:03 PM
I heard that not wearing a bra and doing jumping jacks will increase your bust size and make you more healthy.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:24 PM   #12
The Male

Local Time: 06:03 PM
Based on this "study", I wonder if wearing makeup in early childhood causes girls to develop breasts sooner.

Now.