Breaktime FYM Parallel Lives - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 09-03-2007, 02:18 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 07:37 PM
Breaktime FYM Parallel Lives

Tell us about your ideal parallel life (lives)? Be lavish in your detail. You get to create a whole other life here. Who is the other you?

Old 09-03-2007, 07:28 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 12:37 AM
In a parallel life I'm living in a small countryside village near the coast somewhere in the British Isles living a simple life, spending my days working in some shop and my evenings enjoying music and socializing in the local pub.

In all reality that's my fallback if I don't make it in politics

Old 09-03-2007, 07:33 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 06:37 PM
In my parallel life I have a small cattle ranch in Namibia (mainly to entertain my herding and livestock guarding dogs) and I also work at the cheetah conservatory. I was born into money so each Christmas we travel to somewhere else in the world we've always wanted to see.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:37 PM   #4
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
King of Scotland. I take over England every couple of years just to let them know what it feels like. And I do this while drunk and stoned. Also, I play the drums real well. The weather is always in the 70s or 80s. The Queen is cool. Space Travel is possible, and we can go faster than light. The Scottish Football team has won 3 of the last 5 world cups. Hockey is also real big. It's quiet. Everyone is chillin'. There's lots of Guinness everywhere. Nice.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:41 PM   #5
She's the One
Local Time: 04:37 PM
I have a Ph. D in American History, specializing in Western history. I have a small ranch (only 2000 acres) in Western Utah. And I'm freaking rolling in dough.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:13 PM   #6
love, blood, life
Local Time: 09:37 AM
Killing Zombies.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:44 PM   #7
Blue Crack Supplier
I have become extremely wealthy, due to winning both the Indiana lottery and the Powerball. I go to my office after dark and get my stuff; send my resignation letter by e-mail; and no one there ever sees me again. I have a beachfront house on Sanibel Island, Florida, as well as a home in the mountains/woods in Virginia. I travel to Ireland, England, and Scotland whenever I want to. I take my entire family and my friends to Disney World for two weeks, alternating stays at the fanciest resorts. I give lots of money to my family members. I hire U2 to play for my next birthday celebration, and I invite my family members and friends.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:13 AM   #8
Jesus Online
Local Time: 10:37 AM
I've got a divine singing voice, and can play rings around anyone on the piano. I never lose my temper and have an endless well of patience for everyone. My dog is trained, and my kids clean up after themselves. I sell paintings for small amounts of money to people who genuinely like what I do, and I can do this because I too, am obscenely rich. I don't act rich though, except for my collection of high powered V8 sports cars. I've got an enormous home library and a perfect photographic memory.
<a href= target=_blank></a>
Old 09-04-2007, 05:40 AM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 01:37 AM
I have reached my spiritual destination; I´m on top of a hill overlooking the beautiful landscape, and the queen is right beside me. We go down to the shore and bathe naked in the everlasting sea. From the beach I hear the sounds of beloved people who create and share their art and wisdom with me.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:46 AM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Me in my parallel life is the main character of the novel I'm currently writing. I own a trekking/tour company on Saipan. I am divorced from a beautiful woman that I grew bored with, and rather than stick it out, I cut her loose to look for greener (and perhaps younger) pastures. I am sleeping with a married woman. I am a "nice guy" but ultimately selfish, more concerned with my own pleasure than who is collateral damage along the way to that end. My life is exciting full of days outside under the brilliant blue tropical sky and on the crystal waters of the paradise I live in. In the evenings, I have a few beers with the guys, flirt with the women, hope to get lucky. Ultimately, my life is a bit empty, and, I suppose rather lonely. But I don't think about that much.

In short, my parallel life is everything that tempts me. It is everything I'm not, not because I am afraid to live this way, but because ultimately I believe it is wrong--not just in some sort of abstract moral sense, but wrong in the way that everything wrong is wrong--wrong for me, wrong for those around me--a life that would ultimatly be far less satisfying than the one that I live now and so often take for granted. And still, it beckons sometimes, like a mirage, and so I live it through the pages of this novel that is slowly unfolding, exploring it's delights as well its consequences.

By the way, in case anyone's been wondering where I've been, I've been avoiding FYM because I've been busy getting into the swing of a new year and I knew if I came in here I'd get sucked in and I couldn't afford that when I needed to guard my time.

But I'm back. And glad to be.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:01 AM   #11
Blue Crack Addict
Oh I want to add to my parallel life that I own several precious cats.

Ah, if only fantasy were reality
Old 09-04-2007, 01:13 PM   #12
Forum Moderator
I live with my family (just as they are now) in a small town in a beautiful natural setting with a mild climate and forests all around. I work part-time for a therapeutic recreation organization which provides hiking, camping and other outdoors-oriented activities for children and adults with various special needs; the rest of the time, I'm a nature and rural issues writer and photographer, in the vein of folks like Rick Bass, Annie Dillard, Wendell Berry or John McPhee.

And like Lies said, if I also had enough money to travel once or twice a year for a few weeks to pretty much anywhere in the world or the country I wanted, that'd be great too.
yolland [at]

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 09-04-2007, 01:19 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 01:37 AM
No death with 54, I would be a bit healthier, and a bit more open and less shy... well, that's all I want right now.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:07 PM   #14
Blue Crack Supplier
I live in Philadelphia in a nice condo with my good looking wife. I have two jobs: guitarist/singer for a successful band and sports writer. I spend a lot of time at bars with my buddies and vacationing with my buddies down the Jersey shore. I occasionally do some acting on the side in sitcoms and comedy movies.

Oh, and I'm 10 inches taller, putting me at 6'3".
Old 09-04-2007, 03:44 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
I'm a successful novelist and journalist living in the Irish countryside with my handsome Irish husband. We ride our horses along the countryside and along the beach. We own an apartment on Upper East Side in NYC, and we vacation in various parts in the world. I wear designer clothes and rub elbows with the rich and famous!

If only, if only...