Breaking the Final Rule of Politics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Spanking was last night:hi5:

Its Sunday night - L Word is on. No time for spanking here.

I really wish that people in America were smarter...they would have voted her out by now. I can't believe there are people who actually think she'd make a good President...after all this nonsense. It seems you people will never learn.

Irvine511 said:

i really wish this would end.

let's just pick one. and move on. support that person, and work on beating the Republicans.

:applaud:

I was just thinking tonight that God only knows what else Bush has royally fucked up while we're all obsessing over the campaign.

joyfulgirl said:

:applaud:

I was just thinking tonight that God only knows what else Bush has royally fucked up while we're all obsessing over the campaign.

He hasn't done much other than endorse torture and wiretapping, but he sure has been showing off his dance moves lately. :dance:

You sure he didn't invade Iran or something while no one was looking?

Hold on let me check....................................................
OK, doesn't appear that he did. I think we're good...for now.

Irvine511 said:

i really wish this would end.bgggg

let's just pick one. and move on. support that person, and work on beating the Republicans.

you guys can't.

dems are too self absorbed, divided on their own issues to unite for the common good.

republicans quickly fall in line uniting on their most important core principles.

it's not about us; it's about something much larger than us.
dems it's about each whiny person and their pet issue.

dbs

diamond said:

you guys can't.

dems are too self absorbed, divided on their own issues to unite for the common good.

republicans quickly fall in line uniting on their most important core principles.

dbs

Oh, c'mon. The Democrats haven't even come close to turning on each other the way Bush's people did to McCain in 2000. I'd hardly call that falling in line and uniting.

diamond said:

you guys can't.

dbs

Diamond you are blind. Do you have the Kool-Aid coming in via an IV?

diamond said:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,327605,00.html

COULTER: No, and if you're looking at substance rather than whether it's an R or D after his name, manifestly, if our's candidate than Hillary's going to be our girl, Sean, because she's more conservative than he is. I think she would be stronger on the war on terrorism. I absolutely believe that.

HANNITY: That's the one area I disagree with you.

COULTER: No, yes, we're going to sign up together. Let me explain that point on terrorism.

HANNITY: You'd vote for Hillary —

COULTER: I will campaign for her if it's McCain.

Irvine511 said:
we're doing what democrats do best.

destroying from the inside out.

That's what you get when you have a party that doesn't stand for anything.

she's the most devisive one thereby earning her only an arm's length type relationship w the GOP.

What Rosie is to the Left, Ann is to the Right.

dbs

diamond said:

it's true. Republicans fall into lockstep far more easily than do Democrats.

and nothing unites you like fear and hatred.

Harry Vest said:
I really wish that people in America were smarter...they would have voted her out by now. I can't believe there are people who actually think she'd make a good President...after all this nonsense. It seems you people will never learn.

Never learn what?

Because we don't all want a Leftist government we are losing out on something, tell me what it is?

Canadians have all the answers to America's woes.

Thank you Canada.

Useless.

MaxFisher said:

:rolleyes:

yeah, Hillary's "3am Phone" commercial had nothing to do with playing on people's fear.

fear does work. that's what we learned in 2004. why do you think she's using it?

Holy crap, if Ann Coulter would really support/vote for/campaign for Hillary...I'd have to consider voting for McCain.

Or not.

Since the Hillary/Obama debate has resurfaced in this thread can I ask you guys something? Looking at their platforms I don't see a ton of difference between Obama and HRC. Some details yes but not a lot of fundamental differences. So how is Obama running on "CHANGE"? I'm pretty ambivalent about this race, and I'll support whoever wins, but it seems odd to me that one candidate is running on "experience" when she actually doesn't have all that much of it, and the other is running on "change" when in reality he's another moderate/centrist just like the Clintons.

CTU2fan said:
I'm pretty ambivalent about this race, and I'll support whoever wins, but it seems odd to me that one candidate is running on "experience" when she actually doesn't have all that much of it, and the other is running on "change" when in reality he's another moderate/centrist just like the Clintons.

That's what Marxist philosophy would refer to as "false choice," where all of your choices, essentially, are really just the same.

Ironically, of course, communism is probably nothing but false choices. Still, the critique is quite apt.

CTU2fan said:

Since the Hillary/Obama debate has resurfaced in this thread can I ask you guys something? Looking at their platforms I don't see a ton of difference between Obama and HRC. Some details yes but not a lot of fundamental differences. So how is Obama running on "CHANGE"? I'm pretty ambivalent about this race, and I'll support whoever wins, but it seems odd to me that one candidate is running on "experience" when she actually doesn't have all that much of it, and the other is running on "change" when in reality he's another moderate/centrist just like the Clintons.

You're absolutely right. It's essentially a personality contest.

i think when it comes to the platform, there isn't much difference between Hillary and Obama.

but when it comes to everything else, Obama does represent a real turning of the page and, hopefully, a way out of the bitter partisanship that has characterized the Baby Boom's rise to power. what actually gets don't won't be all that different from Hillary, but how it gets done, and how politics itself will function in our lives, might very well change with Obama.

he's not so easy to hate.

Hillary is very, very easy to hate.

Back
Top Bottom