Break

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonosSaint said:

And feel free to interrupt this thread (or any thread of mine for that matter) for Spader.

:wink: who was that woman he was with at the Emmys :angry:

this is all I could find online on their web site..I liked this

"Women are absolutely beautiful, perfect sexual creatures. They are divine. I live my life in awe of the beauty of women. The smell of women is just intoxicating. I wonder whether men have that sort of effect on women. I can't imagine they do."

God he's good..my instinct is that he's real and not blowing smoke, but then again I'm probably wrong. I hope I'm not

Speaking for myself, some men do. Others have that intoxicating effect akin to vomiting in the dirtiest, smelliest alleyway imaginable..like manure on a humid day :D

I've heard that funeral story before, I can't remember the answer

Re: Re: Break

sulawesigirl4 said:
However, I haven't had any repeats of that Irvine, Jude Law dream...more's the pity.

:( are the dreams possible anymore since he has changed his avatar? Who is that anyway? I have no idea

at least you had one :wink:

1. What character in song, book, movie, or tv show do you
most identify with?
2. What difference do you notice between the men and women
on this forum?
3. If you were absolutely forbidden upon pain of death to discuss
politics, religion, sports or sexuality, what would you talk
about?
4. How often do you dream vividly?
5. How do you control your demons, your dark side?
6. What is your guilty pleasure?

1. Francie in "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn." A girl in a man's world who loved to read, adored her family and had unique ambitions.

2. The men here tend to be more factual - not that they're better informed necessarily, but they tend to post statistics and data as supporting arguments moreso than the women who tend to put things in context first.

3. All the places I've visited or want to visit. And travel books. Theroux. :drool:

4. Often, but I am a light sleeper and I think I have a tendency to remember my dreams easier due to waking up many times a night.

5. Running. I don't jog, I run to the point of exhaustion. When the only thought you have is that you need another breath, it's hard to obsess over anything else.

6. High end gourmet chocolate. I don't like chocolate bars much, but I love good Belgian truffles, or Swiss milk chocolate.

MrsSpringsteen said:

"Women are absolutely beautiful, perfect sexual creatures. They are divine. I live my life in awe of the beauty of women. The smell of women is just intoxicating. I wonder whether men have that sort of effect on women. I can't imagine they do."

God he's good..my instinct is that he's real and not blowing smoke, but then again I'm probably wrong. I hope I'm not

Speaking for myself, some men do. Others have that intoxicating effect akin to vomiting in the dirtiest, smelliest alleyway imaginable..like manure on a humid day :D
:wink:

:ohmy: :lol:

RE: His date. I got the idea he barely knew her. He blew a kiss to her and called her "My Dear" like he couldn't remember her name.:evil: Rent a hooker to take to the Emmys? What an Alan Shore thing to do.:wink: Don't have a clue who it was. Latest soulmate, I guess.

Yeah, I liked that woman quote myself.

VertigoGal said:
oh god, I'm sure I've done that scenario question before, but I can't remember where...I'll have to get back to you with my answer. :hmm:

I jumped right at the sociopath's answer. Or as they so nicely informed me, most serial killers answered the way I did. Sigh.

Originally posted by BonosSaint
most identify with?
on this forum?
about?

1. As best I can estimate without sounding completely self-absorbed is Samantha from Garden State, Largeman from Garden State and Clementine from Eternal Sunshine.

2. The men are more willing to stake their reputation on the line to drive home a point or an argument. I admire that. I think women by nature are more willing to move on in the interest of restoring peace and order.

3. Love.

4. I dream vividly about 4 nights a week. It's awesome!

5. Before I act out, I step back and take a deep breath and ask myself if the end justifies the means.

6. I drink, I smoke and I have a potty mouth - but I don't feel guilty about any of that :shrug:

1. What character in song, book, movie, or tv show do you most identify with?

Casaubon in Umberto Eco's "Foucault's Pendulum."

2. What difference do you notice between the men and women on this forum?

There is no inherent difference at all.

3. If you were absolutely forbidden upon pain of death to discuss politics, religion, sports or sexuality, what would you talk about?

Nothing. I would write from there on.

Regularly.

Through alternative medicine.

I'm not ashamed of anything I do, really.

Melon

most identify with?

Cant really say. Anyne who's ditzy and irrelevant :wink:

on this forum?

The men are often utterly inflexible and frequently point out how wrong others are. Like me, really. But they are the most annoying as well, as they dont help in many ways at all. Even if asked outright questions, they wander off on their own tangents again and ignore you rendering the discussion useless. :mad: As I type, I know I am describing myself, so back off with the criticisms :wink:

The women can be just as steadfast, but more emotionally so. :hmm:

about?

Easy. Art.

All my dreams seem to be. Though, I haven't seen Lorraine for a while. A woman from a 9/11 picture who used to haunt me pretty much every night. I named her Lorraine. :slant:

I dont. Unfortunately.

Now that I have quit smoking, pepsi max and alcohol, I have fuck all guilty pleasures. Thanks for asking!!! :grumpy:

:D

U2democrat said:

6. What is your guilty pleasure? good ol' fashioned Bluegrass music. :shrug:

:dance: love some of the harmonies in those songs

1. Don't have the slightest idea
2. I am guessing the women are sexier
3. Music, Music and then Music
4. Depends on what I've had to drink, whiskey is surreal
5. Not much of a dark side, lots of anxiety, lots of beer
6. Neil Diamond

Angela Harlem said:
on this forum?

The men are often utterly inflexible and frequently point out how wrong others are. Like me, really. But they are the most annoying as well, as they dont help in many ways at all. Even if asked outright questions, they wander off on their own tangents again and ignore you rendering the discussion useless. :mad: As I type, I know I am describing myself, so back off with the criticisms :wink:

The women can be just as steadfast, but more emotionally so. :hmm:

You know one day, I was walking through the woods and I saw a beautiful butterfly. It had the most brilliant colors and I followed it on its flight through the woods. It went here and there passing the beautiful folliage, which was stunning to the eyes. I found myself going deeper and deeper into the deciduous forest. It soon became dark, and I heard the hooting of the owls as dawn turned to night.

What were you saying? Oh yeah....Piss Off:wink:

BonosSaint said:
most identify with?
on this forum?
about?

1. Heh, you don;t want to know. I have a hard enough time when comparing myself to a certain fictional character......

2. Women often get mad if you don't show sympathy. That's almost too typical, you know? Generally speaking, there is a very diverse population, though most seem to be some branch of Chrisitianity or non-religious. One thing I don't like about U2 is that they don't have a vast Asian audience :(

3. What could you talk about? Everything is related. You could, though, talk about what really matters in life....perhaps.....

4. Rarely to occasionally, not often at all

5. There is no dark side, no demons. Just me, and my different facets. Honesty, my own set of values, and gratitude. But there is no "right" or "wrong", even though I spend more time trying to decide what is best to do than most people realize.

6. Um... women

I think they are sheer beauty, and can't wait to have a special girl to call my own, and her to have me all to herself. That and, currently, cinnamon. As I said before, I think a girl with cinnamon on her lips or anywhere else could seduce me easily. However, seducing and keeping me interested are 2 different things.

Besides that..... well......

anything that stimulates the senses, be it a nice cloth, a really nice sound of music, a wondrful smell (cinnamon), great tasting food, or a pretty smile. That and being mentally stimulated.... :drool:

But let'see.... I gotta have something really good...... hmm........

i'll get back to you when I think of something really juicy

6a = Anything Asian. :cute: :shh: :sexywink:

Last edited:
MrsSpringsteen said:
:( are the dreams possible anymore since he has changed his avatar? Who is that anyway? I have no idea

at least you had one :wink:

Yes, I blame it all on the avatar change. :grumpy: Irvine, you are responsible for my Jude-less dream life. *pouts*

:p

BonosSaint said:
A while ago on the net, they had presented a scenario:

A woman goes to her mother's funeral. She meets a man she has never met before at the funeral. He leaves before she can talk to him, find out who he is, get his phone number. Several months later, she kills her sister. Why?

There are no wrong answers here. But there is psychological interpretation to some answers. What is your answer?

This is one of those "tell me what you see happening in this picture" things.... right? I'll tell you the answer to the one I got in psych class, maybe. It was very, very revealing, imo.

In regards to this one.....
my answer is:

She waited because she didn't like October

most identify with?

- I don't identify with a character in particular... but I can find myself in a Metallica's song "Hero of the day", and in the book "the steppen wolf" by herman hesse.

on this forum?
I noticed that girls are more active in the forum and write a little more than guys...

about?
I don't usuallly talk about politics or religion (cuz i don't care about that) I don't know anything about sports... I usually talk about art.

all the time :)

painting and drawing... there's a lot of my dark side in my private drawings :D

chocolates, sex and arts.

most identify with?
I don't think there's a particular character as much as identify with actual songs and themes in movies etc. Obviously U2 songs come into that....

on this forum?
The men tend to what to make their mark or their point a bit stronger than the women, try to dominate a bit more and tend to be bit more forceful. that said there's extremes in both genders - the women who are way out there are just as reactionary as the men, if not more so. but in general the women seem react more emotionally while the men react more defensively/aggresively. obviously this is a generalistion though with exceptions to all rules.

about?
movies, books, tv shows and music while leaving out all the fun and interesting stuff in them like politics, religion, sports and sexuality

regularly - this morning i had to check my phone when i woke up to make sure i had not in fact phoned my work colleague at 3 in the morning like i dreamt i had and was sure i had.

with great difficulty!
i struggle with my own anger at times so when i get angry or frustrated i normally just go to my room or get away from people till it passes.

my u2 collection which i've spent a fortune on and lazy days spent in front of playstation with pizza and alcohol

Last edited:
sulawesigirl4 said:

Yes, I blame it all on the avatar change. :grumpy: Irvine, you are responsible for my Jude-less dream life. *pouts*

:p

i'm sorry, but i have a new love in my life. his name is Ray Stevenson and he plays the buff, beautiful, virile Titus Pullo on HBO's rather mediocre "Rome."

he's the reason i watch. we were treated to at least one butt shot, and i keep hoping they'll toss in some historical accuracy and have him hook up with Lucius Vorenus.

besides, Jude's over, what with the Nanny and all ...

BonoVoxSupastar said:

But what about wooden breasts?:wink:

I can handle the splinters......Reminds me of a statue I saw in my youth....it was a little cold....but....

most identify with?
I have trouble relating to anybody else. Next! :wink:

on this forum?
None, I've gotten in trouble for confusing men and women on here.

about?
Bowel gas. :lol: On second thought, I would have to keep my mouth shut.

A few times a week.

I try to find joy in the dark world of cynicism.

Arguing with other FYMers.

jspader.jpg

Thank you. I've got this week's new background for my computer.:wink: You're a sweetheart.

MrsSpringsteen said:

In all seriousness.......

...I agree... :shrug: :shh: :shrug:

New one Tuesday? I just turn it on Tuesday, never know what I'm going to see.

Yes it's a new one, at least I think that's what it said on the web site the other day

Heather Locklear is on, so I think odds are Alan will be hitting on her sometime within the first half hour or so

Back
Top Bottom