Boston Legal Script Censored For Fox News References

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
"This Sunday's episode of ABC's Boston Legal focusing on censorship was itself censored, purged of all references to Fox and Bill O'Reilly. And nobody's talking."

http://www.alternet.org/mediaculture/21463/

"Speaking of free speech, there’s another, related issue to consider as well – the unexplained fact that Robert Greenwald, creator of the Outfoxed documentary (which curiously is still excerpted and mentioned by name in Sunday’s episode) was unable to purchase time on the ABC network to advertise his film.

According to Greenwald’s distributor Gary Baddeley, a representative of the Broadcast Standards and Practices Department at ABC named Joel Resnicow indicated that ABC would not accept an ad for Outfoxed to run adjacent to Boston Legal, “although he was reluctant to come out and say so directly, I suspect for political reasons,” says Baddeley."

No sense in censoring the Fox News references. Let the world know where they stand.

I don't agree w/ it being censored-ABC is afraid of FOX I guess, and David Kelley has no say in it I suppose. Disappointing. Maybe networks have unwritten rules about "badmouthing" each other.

The ratings are poor for that show so I don't give it much longer. Maybe that's why David Kelley's not fighting it.

Actually, ABC has a corporate policy against badmouthing the competition. That's why it was censored out.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom